User Tag List

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1024Likes

Thread: June 2021 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I decided to order a pizza pizza for half off today only xl plain cheese $8.47 with code 50off for hubby and i .We dont mind their pizza the odd time and half off is great .

Booked my mammogram ,as i got the notice in the mail for sept it is a year past due (due to covid) whxih is okay by me -this is one test i hate!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Delivered Swiss Chalet to my mom for dinner tonight.
    Then loaded up my vehicle with her cast offs (she is moving) I already have a $20 pick up! ( sold and pick up arranged for tonight in less then 7 mins!!) My mom told me to keep the money. She is just happy it is out of the house.
    I need to go to my vehicle and see what else I can post for sale tonight. But I want to wait till my pick up has come and gone
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Jun 8th, 2021 at 07:18 PM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Angela273 . That’s crazy about checkout 51. I can go months with a redemption. I actually just cashed out this weekend and it’s the 1st time in ages. I will need to look at DHs account to see if I can get it to a redemption and then delete the account as it’s not been used since likely Christmas.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-i agree i last cashed out on checkout51 in dec of last year ,not to happy about this new change .I think i need 2.00 to cash out so i better try to work on it.
    Skippy, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I slept in this morning grrrr, apparently after my alarm went off I fell back asleep. Woke up just before my second alarm was set to go off (yes, I have 2 alarms set, one for 5 am and one for 6 am).

It is a nice cooler morning here so I have the windows open letting some of the cooler air in.

Being back in the office my dinner game is really slipping, the heat isn't helping either. But mainly it is being in the office, I have been trying to get up at 5 am and work in the morning in hopes that I won't have to work in the evening but it isn't working. I am being pulled in too many directions and I am stressing out because I am on my second week of not getting training done. I cannot even find time to setup the system for training let alone book training. Going to call my boss today, because I also realized I get to work again this weekend, another mass upload/download situation. Why exactly is the government against cloning?????

It is supposed to cool off this weekend which I am looking forward too but a little disappointed I am working, I honestly did not realize until it popped up in my calendar that I had to work this weekend. Really hoping to get some cooking done, I have a few cravings and would like to get some stuff in the freezer for quick dinners.

I think it was @lilo0003 who said it but let me tell you, Asparagus in the Air Fryer is amazing. I am getting more comfortable with my Air Fryer and am loving it. I think this weekend I would like to try cooking a protein in the Air Fryer, I have not done that yet.

Alright time to get back to work, Have a wonderful day everyone
    Skippy, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Another nice day.

I posted a bunch of books for sale last night for $1 each or take all for $5. Lady picked up 3 last night so I will delete the add and post more tonight with other books I found.
    Have an appt, for DS this afternoon and taking a trike I have for sale for $15. Lady is going to meet me. If she doesn't oh well have tons of other messages wanting it
    Will post more for sale tonight so I can hit my goal by Friday. I've been slacking! Don't think I will hit it but will try.
    Skippy, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good Morning fellow frugalers! I believe I have had enough of this heat as it's bothering my breathing so I'm hiding out in my basement. The cooler air and my puffer have brought everything back in order. I could kick myself as I have a portable a/c but haven't installed it yet because of a gazillion other things going on. Hiding out in the basement has also the bonus of me going through stuff that I normally put off.
    Made a crock pot roast beast on Monday, today I will make a chicken. As already mentioned by others,the crock pot managed to heat up the kitchen. Mine usually doesn't so I'm blaming it on this heat wave.
    Bought the beast at Sobey's @ $3.99/lb which is more than I usually like to pay. That said it dawned on me that since I just buy small ones I'm only really paying a couple of dollars more than I like. Also as mentioned previously "sales" of meat now seem to be few and far between
    so you need to take advantage of them if you can.
    Whatever you are up to today,I hope you can stay cool and know much grace and peace!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Skippy I am so happy I set-up our portable units Saturday before it got super hot. Totally worth it.

It has been a bit of a lifesaver with this weather at least when I need to I can hide in my room with the AC going and watch Youtube. I call it my "me" time LOL
    Skippy, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Bought the beast at Sobey's @ $3.99/lb which is more than I usually like to pay. That said it dawned on me that since I just buy small ones I'm only really paying a couple of dollars more than I like. Also as mentioned previously "sales" of meat now seem to be few and far between
    I always buy the biggest animals available because every creature already comes with bones. IMO, I am further ahead from purchasing one 10lb fish than 2 x 5lb fish. There should be more bones and associated inedible elements with the second fish. A single entity should include more meat / pound. I know that bigger fish will also have more/bigger bones but, percentage-wise, there should still be more meat than from getting two smaller beasts.
    barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just watered my plants. they were all so dry!!
    Put a load of laundry in the washer. Have a few more to do. Will keep at it.
    Ciel21 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

oh I arranged a porch pick up for tomorrow afternoon on 2 items for a total of $25 and she already sent the e-transfer. I just counted the cash in my envelope from sales the past few days and I am $17.80 away from my goal!!!! Someone may message in the morning for a $7 item if they are going to pick up. I think I should delete all my ads right now and re-post and see if I can get any bites for tomorrow!!
    Angela273, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Sons worked on the assembly of the new gazebo but one has school until 3 so they got the frame up and no roof today so fingers crossed tomorrow I get a roof and lights. I received 2 cereal FPC in the mail form the promo and it was supposed to be a limit of 5 but I got 6. So yay me. I picked up 3 pairs of free Roots track pants. My older so has lost weight during lockdown and his pants are falling down. They are in excellent shape so that save him buying new ones.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    It is a grrrrr moment, I got up this morning went to make my morning cup of tea opened our last last bag of milk to discover it was chunky. Luckily I have Milk in the freezer so I pulled out a bag let it sit for 10 minutes in cold water and it melted enough I could make one cup of tea.

I might stop at the store on my way home tonight to grab a few things, I need to grab a few things. I see Strawberries on sale, I want to grab some fresh basil for a few recipes next week (I really need to get back on my dinner game, this week our dinners have not been lacking, between the heat and me in the office it is a lot of quick meals), also need Yogurt, I can price match this.

I mentioned yesterday to the branch I am in that next week I need to get back to being me, I am falling behind other staff aren't getting my attention. They listened but there are still 2 more days in this week so we shall see.

I have a lot I want to get done this weekend but we shall have to see, I also have to work, lucky me. It is supposed to be cooling down and I am looking forward to the cooler temps. Again this morning it was nice and cool when I got up, according to my phone it was 17 feels like 17 so again I have all the doors and windows open letting the cool air in.

Have a wonderful day everyone
    crafter and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Overcast day so far.

Had a $5 pick up at 10pm last night. The best part is that someone was suppose to pick up during the day yesterday and I sent address and told them it would be on the porch for them and no show or reply. I love selling the item right away after and be done with it! I have a $2 pick up for today ready on the porch.
    crafter and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning. Interesting you mentioned that your milk had gone bad @SassyAshley . We've been battling "off" tasting milk lately. We've had milk recently 2 different companies(we drink 2 large bags a week). We purchased a high end pur filter milk on sale and 1 bag of 3 tasted almost chemically, like completely different. We pitched and opened another and it was fine.
    We then purchased from Reid's Dairy (local in Belleville) and 2 out of 3 tasted off. DH thought it tasted like it might be almost going but I disagree, I think it's like chemical or something. I'm wondering if they are getting milk from other locations or even from US (with the milk trade issues). We are going to go back to 2% Neilsen (we had changed to 1%) but if it keeps up, I might switch to oat or almond milk.
    Well off to clean before DHs sis comes tomorrow. Have a great day!

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information