User Tag List

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1024Likes

Thread: June 2021 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Didnt get much sleep last night ,had a lot on my mind .
    Just relaxing ,hubby and i took a small walk only 20 minutes as i was so tired .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Pretty good day here, did not get everything I wanted to get done because I ran out of room in the fridge. Tomorrow I will tackle the fridge and see if I can make more room. I do not think we have anything that needs to be thrown out but maybe some areas can be rearranged.

I am super excited for this week's meal plan, I literally just wanted to make everything today. But tonight's dinner was Homemade Pizza, Mom was talking to a friend who was making pizza yesterday and she mentioned that sounded good and there were a couple comments on ordering pizza so tonight was Homemade Pizza to fill that craving and lose the tempation of take-out.

Now to decide what I am going to make tomorrow LOL. I have a few slow cooker meals in this week's meal plan as well but do not have any Instant Pot. I am trying to use these more plus my Air Fryer.

Getting caught up on all the food things but still need to work on some cleaning. I think I am going to start posting the Cookbooks we do not want anymore as there are literally stacks of them everywhere on my main floor. When I drove by our local thrift store on Friday there sign said "Yes we are open but please continue to store donations at home for the time being." So I will have to find another way to get them out of my house. I need to purge, I need stuff gone.

Have a wonderful night everyone
    lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

For supper i decided to go to sobeys and get a hot chicken 7.99 and we had small boiled potatoes and coleslaw .I used up a 10.00 gift card i had as i bought a few other items also.
    lilo0003, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Since Hamilton is allowing yard sales again--I checked the Ancaster Fair Facebook page and their May trunk sale did not happen. It's rescheduled for the last Sat in June ($10 cash per car to be paid on event day; no restroom amenities). Might be good for the warm weather fans willing to spend 4h on Sat. selling their stuff from their cars. Not too far away by car is our local Walmart Supercentre, Longos and some eateries so there are shopping options to explore after the event. A fair group will be selling hot sandwiches at the event.

I started a recycling bag for the textile drive after today's laundry was dried on the line outside. Grateful for the recent cooler days as they are literally perking me up.

From this morning's website surfing for shopping sales:

Mark's Father's Day event is on until June 14.

Children's wear on Mayoral.com and Milesbaby.ca-selected merchandise is now up to 30% off. Size selection may be limited.

The Hudson Bay store has TODAY its one day Father's Day sale. There is also a 15% clearance event-I noticed the code does not seem to work in the cart when I was testing some items eligible for the discount plus the website was glacial in loading. YMMV. Some womenswear on sale is limited to Med/Sm/XS size or sizes. Certain Jockey for Women items seem to be on final clearance too. Look for some Cdn Olympic Collection items on sale as well as on clearance (sock deals!).

US Nordstrom Rack-got a pop-up on the main page that chain no longer ships to Canada! must have been a recent change in shipping rules. Something to look forward to for those members raring to go Stateside for shopping when the border reopens (soon, soon).

Torrid.com 40% online sale on selected items TODAY only. Be aware that site ships from Ohio and pricing is in US dollars. Thought to share as many items are online exclusives and someone might need to nab some summer clothing.

I haven't yet scoped out Simons.ca or Nordstrom.ca. I plan to look at clothing offers as it seems spring/summer sales are now on. Will continue to look for runners as well.

Mom did a grocery shop an hour ago and had made a vegetable soup with my carrots and her cauliflower. I actually liked the soup and had two servings.
    lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy news for Pepsi bevvie fans-the Pepsi Stuff contest returns tomorrow! YES who wouldn't want $10K?

Lotto Max News-no, I was not one of the $200,000 prize winners in yesterday's draw. I was one of the 2.3M winners of a Free Play. At least I get a second chance next Tuesday to dream of cash. How'd you do?
    lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@SassyAshley thanks for asking but not yet. We are kind of in a state of transition as he has been accepted to a program at Humber for the summer with a paid apprenticeship after it’s over. So he is not sure where he will be in 6 months. But he did get his second vaccine today which was so incredible because he is back in class in a week. I was off Friday and had a good work friend over for dinner and then today went for a walk with my BFF. It’s so nice to see people again.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Double post

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My computer had a couple of updates added. One of the Windows 10 updates has applied a temperature and weather icon to my bottom bar and if I right click on it, a Bing window (Lenovo computers are setup for Microsoft Edge/Bing and its Cortana assistant, despite my more frequent use of Google) opens with latest local traffic, sports news and other headlines. Kind of cool!

When my brother came in tonight and asked me if there's a reason the local Parkway was closed (I had heard sirens as EMS descended onto the EB 403 hwy), I used the new window to open the traffic map and move over to the area my brother mentioned. A red box described the situation and closure and estimated reopening times! Brother really needs to add 511Ontario to his cellphone so he can find the news himself while on the road.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Sat, Jun 12th, 2021 at 11:19 PM.
    coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I did some second hand shopping this morning
    $4 closed toe sandals for ds (they were 50% off and they fit him)
    $3 closed toe sandals for twin girl to grow into
    3x $0.50 forks that match some of the forks we already have at home
    $1.35 shorts for twin girl
    $2.70 nice shorts for Dh

$2.50 for 1.5 bags of potting soil from someone in town. I didn’t open the expensive bag of potting soil that I bought last weekend at CT, so I’ll return that tomorrow.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Jun 13th, 2021 at 12:18 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I was torn on dinner for tonight, I thought about making the Slow Cooker Pork Roast recipe but I think I am going to save that for during the week when I am working. It looks to be super easy to put together which I may need. So now I am thinking maybe Steak tonight, originally I was going to make Sweet Potato Gnocchi to go with it but not sure that will happen. Trying to be realistic here, thinking instead we might do Homemade Mac & Cheese, I have a serious craving. Will see what Mom thinks when she gets up.

Still have some food stuff to get done today and then hopefully some stuff around the house. The kitchen is clean but I had a bit of a wake up call this week. With me being back in the office I was reminded what life was like when I worked in the office and weekends were spent doing all the house stuff I did not get done during the week. We had a huge stack of Hand Dishes to be done they had not been done all week plus since I was in the office everything I ate was taken in plastic containers. I really am blessed and thankful that working remotely will remain an option for me.

I am still working on seeing the good vs the negative, I am really good at seeing where I am struggling but sometimes I forgot to see the good and how blessed we are for what we have.

Now to see just how much I can get done today, plan is to get the big things done today so during the week I can tackle those smaller tasks.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.
    coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sunday's a muggy day but Mr. Wind is doing his part to move the air in the house. I'll slice the last watermelon soon for heat relief snacking. Craving snacks. Will have to make do with the assorted fruit I bought on Friday (excellent idea).

Glad I washed some remaining dishes to free up counter space. Realized Mom forgot to put the soup away into a smaller pot so I did that and scrubbed the cooking pot. Sipping on Perrier while thinking of Pepsi (and still not a fan of Pepsi Blue-it did not sell well years ago so how can millennials think this version of Pepsi is worth having again??) and Pepsi Throwback.

Late last night, I discovered I might have a chance at buying the pair of runners I last bought for Mom but not at SportChek. Marks somehow has stock. Wonder if both stores use the same warehouse/distribution centres? I want the mesh runners for summer and would retain my current shoes for yardwork purposes (better traction and easier to clean shoes). I was looking at pyjamas for women and nothing really appeals at Hudson Bay or Nordstrom (unless I want to spend around $75). I'd rather spend that kind of money on several pairs of socks.

While looking at a US contest website, I came across a California sleep pillow company named Honeydew. Owners handmake pillows to order and have a shaped side sleeper. Looks promising despite the $99US start cost. I did not check the S&H cost.

Hamilton has one drive-in theatre location that reopened on Friday. I suspect it'll be the only movie screen in our area likely to show F9-the most recent Fast & Furious movie in late June (where it deserves to be seen; ditto Black Widow whenever it is released). Oakville also has a drive-in. Hope concession sales are doing well at both venues!
    coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Got most of the food stuff done, only things I did not get done was:
    Sweet Potatoes - I removed this recipe from my meal plan, maybe next weekend this recipe is not a quick and easy
    Pasta - I just do not have room in my fridge right now for a whole bag of cooked Pasta, we were going to use it for 2 recipes.

Got some house stuff done:
    Garbage is out
    Both bags of Recycling have been taken out - I had one full of big bulky items that would not fit in my kitchen recycling bin
    Posted 10+ Cookbooks - My goal is post a minimum of 10/day all week and see what I can move out

Still a bunch of things to get done around the house but I will tackle those this week on the days I am not in the office.

Dinner is a mystery, Mom is not feeling her best and everything I have suggested gets a no, which I get when you aren't feeling well. So we shall see what we end up having.
    coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-how true it is nice to see friends again .This afternoon hubby and i went over to my girlfriend's/and her hubby's house (outside we sat around all chatting with each other ) she brought out chips and a fruit tray she made up .It was sooo nice .
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ended up having Waffles for Dinner, it was the only thing I came up with Mom did not make a face to. I am not mad about it, there are two leftover and I am already planning one night this week I am going to heat these up for dessert and top them with Homemade Whipped Cream (I have Heavy Whipping Cream on Hand) and some Fresh Strawberries I sliced up today.

Tomorrow I am going to make a Brown Sugar Sesame Pork Loin in the Slow Cooker, I have already taken the Pork Loin out and put it in the fridge. Will make Rice with Mixed veggies on the side, I have Mushrooms, Peppers and Zucchini.

I have had no bites on the Cookbooks yet but did have one person ask me if I could go through my Cookbooks and look for some recipes and if I found them post them for them LOL. I looked and would have told them if they had the recipes they were looking for but would not have typed them out, I am selling them for $1 each or 5 for $3 or 10 for $5 which I think is a good deal. I did tell them the recipes they were looking for were not in the Cookbook.

Need to make my to-do-lists for tomorrow and my day is done.

Happy Sunday everyone
    Ciel21 likes this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Another day of working on the finicky bits of the deck. Steak was planned for dinner by the heat zapped us and the older son is feeling the effects of his vaccine so we went with burgers and he will do the steak Monday night. I ventured to Costco today because they finally had the premier protein drink in stock but man what a mistake. There was such a line to get in and then another line if you wanted to look at clothes which I did. Truly my longest Costco trip since this all started.
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information