User Tag List

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1024Likes

Thread: June 2021 Frugal Chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

had the last of the frozen lasagna for supper.

currently i am baking the cups my dc kids made for thier dads.... , and the shrinky keychains.
    tomorrow i put everything together.

rain on friday, so tomorrow,,. maybe water play... hmmm.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@coupon girl My Value Village has a capacity of 55 people (per sign on door tonight) and had about 5-6 people waiting outside for their turn to enter. There were about 4 bins for donations but they were set up slightly differently (C-formation). I did not go in-maybe next week depending on weather and demand.

I went to the nearby Dollarama (no lineup!) as I had run out of kitchen garbage bags. Got AAs (4pk; gripe 16 cent eco tax, more than what Shoppers dinged me (8 cents) for 4 pricey AAAs two weeks ago), Comet cleanser, two pkgs bags and one Pepsi Zero Sugar (only product with Pepsi stuff code).

You should see if your nearby Winners (Ancaster stores don't seem to have any this year) has Woolite Bra bags for delicates--that would save the peace at your son's home (sorry to hear about the washer seal-waiting for parts is no fun. ((BTW Amana Appliance Repair is near Carmens on Stonechurch-if your son knew the part number, that company can order in the part if son is a DIYer)). I have one bra bag I no longer use. I also have the 4 compartment bag-perfect for washing masks, camisoles or hosiery). Sport Chek might still have the clearance 2 pack laundry bags (much sturdier than the Woolite mesh ones) for under $10 before taxes. Len's Mill on Brockley might still have some Woolite bags on their shelves. Was I there early last year or Oct 2019-I saw them. Len's seems to only have online shopping for craft stuff, not other non-essentials. Maybe it'll reopen in July.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Kind of feel like I have been hit by a truck today. I do not feel sick but achy, tired, headache, my arm hurts a little bit but not as bad as last time. I let my self sleep in a little bit this morning hoping it would help me feel better, now to push through the day.

I still need to break down the Chicken I got from Costco yesterday and put away the stuff that goes in the Stockpile room.

Thinking I might make the Chicken Bruschetta in the Instant Pot tonight, keep it simple. Let the Instant Pot do the work LOL.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Maybe a weird question but does this happen to anyone else, you see food or someone eating something on TV and now you want it?

I was totally thinking Chicken Bruschetta Pasta in the Instant Pot but then I was watching a show and they were eating Chicken Fingers and now I am totally craving Chicken Fingers LOL.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Nice and sunny out! I had to strip down to my tank top and open the window for a breeze. It's beautiful out and I can't wait to get out and enjoy it.
    I have another $5 porch pick up. I need to get posting. I haven't posted new items in over a week but at least people are still messaging. I have to go help MIL and set up an excel report for her this afternoon and then maybe I can putter in the garage later and post some stuff for sale.

Yesterday I cooked up a few BLSL chicken breasts for DS and his wraps. I also bought hamburger buns so he can make beef or chicken burgers.

I tried to go to Canadian Tire after 8pm last night to miss the crowds. That I did. New hours they close at 8pm now. So will have to go before 8pm tonight. I need caulking!

Laundry needs to be worked on today. DS is making himself breakfast then I will get him to bring all the bins to the laundry room. Then tomorrow I will get him to bring all the clean laundry upstairs for me and I can put it all way. I'm on a mission to get it all done before the weekend.

Off to check out my PC point offers and to put in claim for missing points. (Armstrong cheese 400 pts per $2)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well I have laundry on the go and now I am cleaning up 1 bathroom. DS has a bin with his stuff in it. I took the bin to the kitchen sink and am cleaning it out. Will organize all his stuff in it.

I am very sneezy today!

Just received the email that that added the missing pc pts to my account Now I have $20 on my #2 card. I will redeem in a week or 2
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Jun 17th, 2021 at 11:36 AM.
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Still no sign of this week's weekly paper and flyers. Glad I look at the Flyers here yesterday to get a sense of specials.

Entered some contests last night to see if anything will come my way.

Last night, I started flipping through the Sheet Pan Everything cookbook and I like the two chicken meals-one with celery and grapes and the other with...? Some dessert ideas, veggie ideas (meatballs made with lentils, egg and 2 cheeses) and sides. Note-some recipes require marinating or other prep before the sheet pan part. Very glad I got my copy! Book is not as tall as past books.

Also started to read The Menopause Manifesto to see what I can glean to explain what I have experienced and if there is more Goldilocks stuff to learn about for what's to come.

Today, I have some laundry already dried and still have towels outdoors. Perfect balance of wind, sun and temperature; need to get two tree limbs cut (small diameter but near wires) . Tomorrow's going to be muggy and wet (I'll be hiding indoors)-not keen on going through that combo again. I have sugar cravings so the remaining three Passion Flakies are now consumed. Will make tea later in the afternoon.

So many little house repairs and mid-size freshning paint/decor tasks have come to mind. Bro is not showing interest in them at all. Still trying to get him to purge his stuff.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just popped over to shoppers to get milk/bread etc -seniors day for me and i got a free chocolate bar (p.c ruby red on for .99 -managers 1.00 cpn as they expire june 30 ) i didnt really care for it but hey free is good i did share with hubby.

Wearing a black and white summer dress with a nice necklace to go for my second needle (may even curl my hair) where else do we go nowadays anyway .It feels good to dress up .lol
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Jun 17th, 2021 at 01:20 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Just popped over to shoppers to get milk/bread etc -seniors day for me and i got a free chocolate bar (p.c ruby red on for .99 -managers 1.00 cpn as they expire june 30 ) i didnt really care for it but hey free is good i did share with hubby.

Wearing a black and white summer dress with a nice necklace to go for my second needle (may even curl my hair) where else do we go nowadays anyway .It feels good to dress up .lol
    I wore jeans the other day to mix it up

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

As of yesterday 50% of our family is fully vaccinated. There are still a couple who are eligible and have appointments booked.

As of Monday anyone who received Pfizer or Moderna Before May 30th and live in a Hot Spot can get their second dose which means the rest of our family will be eligible to book their second shot.

I am feeling the effects of the second shot, really tired and achy. I could totally just lay down and take a nap but trying to push through my work day.
    Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Someone just posted a free Kate Spade wallet on one of the free FB groups I just picked it up and it is in like new condition!! So happy. I hate the wallet I bought off the FB site awhile ago but will keep it to hold my Gift cards
    Giseledta, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Maybe a weird question but does this happen to anyone else, you see food or someone eating something on TV and now you want it?

I was totally thinking Chicken Bruschetta Pasta in the Instant Pot but then I was watching a show and they were eating Chicken Fingers and now I am totally craving Chicken Fingers LOL.
    I'm with you, but it's usually all those deals for cheap junk food in the States that makes me want to switch gears! Thankfully for the price of junk food takeout I can make something much better but still...
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Frugal living wiki for me always brings up the topic of food, no matter what time of day. Reading @Ciel21 post on Passion Flakies really got me hankering for something sweet. With DW and her new food regime, sweets are no longer being bought so I had to settle for some leftover
    granola bars.
    For those interested Checkout 51 again has the $5.00 offer on for a case of Pepsi zero sugar.Superstore has it at $4.98 this week! That said, check your own offers as I have read they can differ from others.
    Sorry @SassyAshley to hear about your continued side affects from your second Covid shot. I hope and pray you feel better soon.
    I managed to book DW second shot and am waiting for my notification, as she had hers done before me cuz I couldn't afford to have any side affects interfere with other long awaited tests.
    Everyone keep on doing what you're doing and we will get there. Thank you for encouraging one another!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Skippy thank you
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes sassy hope you feel better.

Yes i am fully vaccinated as is hubby ,so happy we are.

We really wanted to get our second vaccine as soon as possible as our household will be changing in the summer .

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information