User Tag List

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1024Likes

Thread: June 2021 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I wanted to buy a few groceries (No Frills/Food basics) and go to $store for hair ties etc. Didn't want to use my credit card (I wanted to give it a break and let the returns/payments catch up) Should have a small credit on it by Monday. So I decided to use some cash from my Summer fun jar. So I spent just under $35 and got lots! (buns/bagels/grapes/diaper wipes (for the car) coconut milk, frozen fruit noodles, soy sauce, pringles (for road trip with DS) romaine, eggs, crusty bread for the freezer (to pull out next time I want it) and a bunch of other things. Happy with my little haul.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Jun 18th, 2021 at 06:17 PM.
    coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Ciel21 I have always used the iTunes card linked to my account for my iCloud fee. I have done so for years to prevent in app purchases when the kids used my phone. I buy them whenever there is a sale of promo and load 25.00 at a time. Which covers me for over a year. DH and I took today off as it’s our anniversary but then massive rain killed our plans so he puttered in the garage and I have a few friends over. The new gazebo did and amazing job of keeping the rain out. Now it’s clear and so I think I will go for a walk. We did a late lunch of pizza and used one of the domino freebies. With enough points for another.
    barbis9, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just seen a report on my local news about groceries going up (mind you i was talking to my daughter and hubby turned the t.v down)and they said coffee will go up by 17%-wow .
    barbis9, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I puttered in the laundry room last night and posted a bunch of stuff for sale. So far $32 cash received and a few pending pick ups Sunday. Will keep at it today.
    Ciel21 likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i really needed a fun date before this summer when our life will change a little -so off to niagara on the lake and we went to our favourite pizza place "pieza pizza"and got a pizza to go (as their patio was all filled up when it opened at 1.00 p.m,we got their at 1.15 and a calebrase salad ,we then went to the niagara park nearby and got a picnic table in the shade and ate our lunch .I brought a small cooler of drinks (water ,ice tea)

Then i wanted to scoot over to hatley store -no good deals but all stores had lineup -too hot in the heat .Will go back in the fall.

Oh and on the way there we took a scenic route which detoured ,and i had to go to the ladies room (as i have a medical condition).No timmies open (its the pandemic right) shoppers i went into "said sorry we dont have the staff to clean the washroom after every customer"meanwhile 2 employees we chatting .Finally a small gas station had an washroom -relief .Oh and did find a metro and food basics but long line-ups -so that wasnt feasible for me.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Jun 19th, 2021 at 06:39 PM.

Smart Canuck
    [vbp_tr_most_helpful_today]
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@coupon girl Before ON moved to Stage 1, bro and a buddy were riding their motorcycles and stopped in Cambridge-no washroom access at Timmies there. They went to Brantford and found another place with restroom access.
    AFAIK, grocery stores have not closed washrooms to customers (Fortinos, Food Basics) so they might be the better choice for restroom stops.
    I seriously wonder how long patio dining will prevail without restrooms or indoor dining.
    @lilo0003 Thanks for your Apple experiences! Friend and I have never bought Apple cards before and she's on her second used Apple phone (6) but wants to ensure her files land somewhere in case the current phone ever acts up (older iPhone 4 gave up its battery life and many photos are stuck inside-she went to a clinic and employee could not retrieve them).
    Last edited by Ciel21; Sun, Jun 20th, 2021 at 12:33 PM.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Had a mostly lazy day and resting Saturday. Scanned the tv channels and picked up ABC and was able to watch bits of Euro 2020 soccer match between Spain and Poland (picture mostly with occasional seconds of full audio). Cloud cover in area botched signal after 15min so no more game. Sibling kept telling me to go online and I said it's all connected to cable access. Yup-cannot watch abcsports.com nor Bell Media and TVA redirected me to TVA+ where the French dubbed Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets was streaming.

Got my laundry outside on the lines early-while the air was still misty and cool , Ms Sunshine at 7:30 am was feeling like a hot plate on my neck!

I need to get a weekend paper and a cold drink soon. We had a light rain and brief thunder and lightning show around 4pm.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    We had Father's Day yesterday at Bro's new house, we all stayed outside in his backyard but it was nice to be together. The last time we were all together and not on a zoom call was last father's day.

I did the desserts and made a Triple Berry Loaf, Apple Squares and Chocolate Chip Cookies. I like to do little platters with a bit of everything.

I am feeling the being outside yesterday my allergies are real today, I look like I am crying even after taking an allergy pill.

There is so much to be done around the house today I should do but to be honest I really just want to relax today. This week is going to be a busy for me and would really like a day to just chill out. We will see. I feel like I got enough done yesterday in the kitchen that even if I don't do anything today we will be good for meals.

I do need to come up with a meal plan for this week, I think I have a few dishes from last week that can move over to this week. This week's dinners did not go as planned my second shot really knocked me on my butt. Honestly I am still feeling really tired and a couple other family members who also got their second shot said the same thing.

Think I will start with my meal plan and go from there.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone and Happy Father's day to all the Dads.
    coupon girl, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes my son his wife and the girls are coming over for fathers day -we will be outside mostly .I just went to shoppers and got chips ,case of gaterade ,cookies plus a few other itmes .

Asked hubby what he wants to eat for supper tonight with son and he said fortinos hot foods ,so i will use my points to treat us all.So happy to finally have part of my family together

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Google made a clever Father's Day gif with their Gg's so I had to post it here!

Sunny day. Roasted some potatoes while I had the house to self and put the dining table near the windows with a checked cloth on the table. Trying for indoor patio table vibe on Sunday. Juiced my limp celery (blade was not thrilled as some gummy celery clumped under the feeder tube for long seconds) and cooked the last of my California mix veggies (surprise, NN product is from Belgium) for part of my breakfast.

ABC 7 is not coming in today at all, so I have to go without soccer matches (will verify that there are any today-seem to remember BT Dina said Italy was playing Wales as she was going to watch the game with her father). I was watching the Thai soccer team rescue documentary on Radio-Canada (PBS Boston-Nova had funded it) to see the divers in action figuring out where everyone was in the cave system. Then a home reno show. Seems that gutting a home is the fastest thing ever to do.
    barbis9, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I went to WM this morning…I had been putting it off.
    Got a SCOP on skipping ropes.
    Used $15.98 in coupons.
    I also picked up some clearance items - Apple pie, vanilla Yop, chocolate milk, bananas, and baby oranges.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I braved Costco today, something I bought last Sunday was 14.00 less this week and I had some returns so I decided to see how bad it was and it was actually ok. I needed to go before Tuesday anyway as we are giving the younger son a Bose Bluetooth speaker for graduation. We have reservations for dinner ay 7:15. DH decided since patios are open that’s what he wanted for his Father’s Day dinner.
    it was a sunny day near so laundry dried quickly on the line.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Another weekend has come to an end.

I could totally use a few more days in this weekend. I was going to ask for the Friday of Canada Day Weekend off but now I am waiting to hear back on what is going on, there is a debate over are we taking Thursday or Friday off.

I did not get much done today and I am good with it.

Thinking I might venture out to Food Basics this week, I see they have eggs on sale and I would not mind grabbing a couple more packages to keep us stocked up. Used to be if Eggs were not on sale I could grab them at Costco but the Costco price has become a little too high for me. Do not think there is anything else we really need we are pretty stocked up.

Is anyone else finding it is the basics that are the hardest to find on sale these days? Eggs, Butter and so on.

I feel like when I see these items on sale I need to grab them.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend
    barbis9, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Sassy= yes.. sales.. ugh. i am very luccky that i have a dc parent who gets me fabulous farm fresh eggs.. 2.00 dz. most are double yorkerss.

i did nothing all weekend. , well , did my moms stuff sat am . then relaxed. watched a movie with hubby. it was very very very needed.

yes, it will make monday insane. but that is ok. my soul feels better. more relaxed.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I posted a Canadian Heritage contest in Contests main forum. There's a virtual Ricardo cooking lesson for 9 people (you + 8 friends), plus $500 in Ricardo gift bundle and $1000 GT gift card. Secondary prizes-4 ($250) Ricardo Boutique gift cards and 60 ($100) Giant Tiger gift cards. Must answer 3 question survey about parties then click to enter the contest form.

You know how I'm raving about Ricardo/cookbooks/Boutique merchandise-this is your chance to reach for it! Plus lucky winner gets that cooking time (1h virtually) with Ricardo!

Flyers-I posted two items found in Walmart's extra flyers that I saw on their website on the current Walmart flyer thread. Baby Brezza 1 step food maker rollback price and Maple Leaf Prime + Heinz $2 saving promo.

Seems like no major grocer is offering any gift card promotions this week? Still have to check Shoppers online.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Sun, Jun 20th, 2021 at 08:49 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information