User Tag List

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1024Likes

Thread: June 2021 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

john -i have joined the giant tiger VIP program -i have used it a few times mostly on bag of lemons save 1.00,dryer sheets save a 1.00,candy and i think frozen foods i have used it also with a coupon.I dont know if you can price match and use it as i never have or asked .It is aa simple program you just give them your phone number and state i am a member of the vip program.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning-today is move some totes around and out of my small room ,as it needs to be an exercise room .Our life will change soon as my daughter and sebastian are coming to live with us for a few months (most likely 2 months).So if i am not on smart cancucks ,it is because my desk top computor will be stored away ,so my daughter can set up office to work from our home in an enclosed space (her old bedroom).I am fine with that .The good thing is my daughter will be able to do her job at home a lot better (than it was for her the past few months with home schooling -super hard with people who have to work from home .

This is life when you have kids ,to always be there for them no matter what their age is and to help them out (my thoughts anyway)My dear mom was always there for us as i had no father later in life (he passed when i was 15)a truly lovely mother ,whom i still miss 7 years later.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Jun 24th, 2021 at 09:46 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!! Nice and sunny here today. Apparently starting tomorrow we are in for 10 days of rain!

We went for an hour and half walk last night and my legs were so sore when I got home last night I need new walking shoes. My brand are on sale today and I was already planning on picking up a pair today.

I went to Winners last night with my GC I received from DS for Christmas. Spend $7 and change on 2 gifts for my niece for Christmas (2 nail polish sets on clearance for $2 each) and a bronzer for me on for $3. I will make this GC go far .

Had a few pick ups yesterday. My new total is $84. Still thinking about what I am saving it for.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just went into RCSS quick for a watermelon. They had 1.3Kg trays of Lean ground beef on for $5 (reg $10) I grabbed 4 then thought I better buy more so grabbed 9 total. I have one cooking now to make taco meat and the 8 in the freezer. So happy to have found this deal. I think I should go buy more. Having hamburgers at home is so expensive!! This makes it not bad and I can make the patties.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The meat is almost finished cooking so dinner tonight will be taco salad. Easy to throw together since the meat will be cooked and ready.
    I'm going to shred the cheese and get the lettuce and veggies ready now so we can just eat later easily with no kitchen mess.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pain day, so most of it spent in bed except 3h in am then later when I panfried two burgers for late lunch. I printed off the forecast for next few days-most of them will be above 30C with humidity (cry, cry)! That is when a drinks fridge is sorely needed! I have nothing stocked up. Might need to consider getting freezies this year too.

I did not have a proper breakfast-just some water with a spoon of sugar, two peaches and some cucumber slices. Did a little light yardwork then came back in to hydrate and to read before going for a long nap.

When Mom went grocery shopping, she got some of my things then messed up two others which I had specified. She is not comprehending why it's hard to go without when having pain/mobility issues. She also knows I am out of cash. I reminded her how I used to get her groceries and would tell if the store stock was out or if I could get it elsewhere but now, I can just manage one store trip at a time unless the stops are next to each other. Plus she drives so theoretically, the heavier items she can load into the car.

Yesterday's fistful of admail had the Marks.com Friends & Family offer code (June 24-30) and the Cobs card with three coupons. I am giving the Cobs card to someone, as I am already a fan of some of Longos baked goodies including their burger buns.
    @coupon girl Thanks for sharing your Talize shop! Wishing, wishing to get there when stage 2 arrives. BTW, you'll be able to go to the library with Sebastian in Stage 2 so you'll have chance to do outings while daughter is working.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Simons has its sale on now for clothing and home items. You might find something you want! Don't forget to check out face masks while you are browsing.
    Giseledta and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@coupongirl I am sure you said you have an iPad. Your daughter can help you set up internet on the iPad and you can get to smart Canucks that way, I am not sure we could handle a whole summer without you. I only ever use my iPad for surfing the internet.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ahhh thanks lilo -we do have a tablet ,hubby is always on it .I will use it now and then maybe -we will see how much time i have free (not much with 3 little grandkids ) .We are going to go the the drive -in one night we have talked about that .

I was on the phone talking tonight to a 2 different sister-in-law's -fun chatting with them.

My daughter got her 2nd moderna shot in toronto today -yes we are all double vaccinated (my whole family except the small kiddies of course)
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Jun 24th, 2021 at 11:09 PM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I was in a branch yesterday and on call to go in today. Happy I do not have to go in today, I love to help but I have so much on my plate right now, I am working on a tight schedule.

I really want to get to No Frills this week, they have a few things on sale I would like to pick up but feel that will not happen today.

I am sitting here having my Breakfast and seeing all the things I need to tackle around my house. Why is housework never ending??? LOL

Now it is time to ponder that never ending question of what is for dinner? Last night I got treated to Fish & Chips, Mom went to pick up something she ordered and got home later than me and offered to pick up Fish & Chips on the way home, how could I say No? Honestly I have been craving Fish & Chips but it is so expensive we only have it like once or twice a year. It was a nice treat.

Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Rainy start to the day here. Suppose to be rain day and night for days.

Today I need to put away a load of laundry. Clean the kitchen. (dirty dishes seemed to appear overnight!) Clean out the fridge and show DS what leftovers to eat today. Diningroom is still clean just will give the floor a sweep and the table a wipe to keep it clean. Will clean up my work space today. Will putter in the garage and post a bunch of stuff for sale today too since it is a rainy weekend I won't be gone far.
    Will also empty and clean the upright freezer. That is on my list for sure today/this weekend.
    I also need to clean out my vehicle. Would love to have it done professionally but don't want to pay the $ lol. So I will get at it this weekend.

Have a fun frugal safe weekend everyone!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Seems the rain (light) came here about an hour or so ago in Ancaster. I could hear a bit of wet sound as passing cars drove by the open windows.

Speaking about upright freezers, Teppermans has shown that 6.0cuft Frigidaire model again in its outlet ad (newspaper came late yesterday). I also saw in their regular furniture flyer a pushback armchair. That might be good for Mom but she'd have to be ready to wave her plastic to buy it. Bro walked into her dining chair last night after turning off the lights--I heard him exclaim when that happened.

I received grocery funds. Have to wait for evening and cooler temp to get some bevvies and freeze pops. TBD if rain is still falling then or not. Am hoping for a dry Sat morning for at least two hours so I can get my textile drive donation to its destination without being caught in any downpour (if I get change today, I may take the bus instead tomorrow).

Noticed another Nestle Drumstick recall related to a batch for Eastern Ontario, Quebec & Atlantic Canada:
    https://www.thespec.com/local-burlin...spec_web_ymbii
    Giseledta and SassyAshley like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Last night I got treated to Fish & Chips, Mom went to pick up something she ordered and got home later than me and offered to pick up Fish & Chips on the way home, how could I say No? Honestly I have been craving Fish & Chips but it is so expensive we only have it like once or twice a year. It was a nice treat.
    Now you've done it. You reminded me how, as a child in the 60's in Vancouver, fish & chips (hand-made! fresh!) were sold at every public beach concession stand. They were cheap enough that even my penny-pinching Mom could let us 5 kids fill up on them before heading home. Sooooooo good. Heck, I'm treating myself tonight & pretending I'm 9 again. All I need is some malt vinegar & a cardboard bowl to cradle the goodies. Sand optional lol.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well the only things I got done today was to wash the dishes and empty the freezer and move it to my mom's freezer.
    It was nice to see what we have lots of (Beef roasts/lean beef/ tons of perogies and frozen veggies)
    It also gave DS and I a dinner idea. He was kinda feeling pizza (me too) and he had a gc to use up from grandma. But we decided on wings/tater tots and and ceaser salad. Tots are in the oven and wings in the air fryer. Salad is ready to whip up as soon as everything else is done. I am starving. Had a bit of KD at lunch. Just wanted something fast so had a bit and gave the rest to DS.

So I have a few items from the freezer that I would like to use up this week so will plan the meals with that stuff, A tourtiere pie. Vegetable lasagna. Green beans. BLSL chicken breast. Pork chops. Steak.
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh and I received our secobd Covid vaccine doses this week. I finalized my students’ report cards this morning.

I just did a quick Sobeys run because we are nearly out of milk.
    $1.88 McCain fries - $1 Co51
    2x $0.99 sweet kale salad (my favourite bagged salad)
    $3.99 sugar snap peas
    Redeemed $20 in AM
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Jun 26th, 2021 at 12:43 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information