User Tag List

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree1024Likes

Thread: June 2021 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Good morning-up at 5.30 a.m ashlyn woke up at 5.45,she did puzzle i have and we just are playing with an old doll of my daughterès and my chrissy doll (this doll is 51 years old ) and her hair grows .The clothing my mother sewed for this doll (bell bottoms and a tunic ) i played very gently with this doll when i was age 8-10.

I really need groceries but it can wait til sunday .I may go to shoppers later .I am feeling tired as behind my ear was weeping last night (i have psorisis)and painfull .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

We went to canadian tire and bought a dehumidifier on sale and used $40.00 in points.Mind you if bought on monday you got back $30.00 in points if you spend over 150.00 and i thought it was today (hard to keep track of the days and date during this pandemic)
    Hubby sure doesnt want to come back monday when they only had a few ,so cashier said maybe try monday and bring your bill in to return and rebuy if they allow it ,we will see .
    Got 2 water bottles ,metal ones for 17.99 that is a steal .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Jun 26th, 2021 at 03:02 PM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well my friends just like yesterday I can't hang around here as long as I'd like, because the light from the screen is just doing wonders for my eyes and helping them to throb along with my sinuses.
    I hear you @SassyAshley when you say you're not a fan of summer and @Ciel21 when the humidity does a number on you. Hopefully @Ciel21 you're not having another pain day.
    Rather than food @coupongirl 's post about how you're there for your children no matter what their age resonated with me. It is great to have a relationship like that and I'm finding that it's great when the roles are reversed and they take care of me!.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

DD will be in town for a few days and I am actually inviting family over for a BBQ-seems strange to do that after so many months but all completely ok with health rules. Finally let the summer begin-although this heat wave is no joke!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Trying to get back into the swing of things. I am still feeling worn down and tired although today was better. Still torn do I or don't I ask for Thursday off, I really want it off but it feels like lately there has been a lot of talk about my schedule and me not having enough time in a day to get everything done. But when you work in a department of me, myself & I there aren't many options other than me making it work.

I spent some time on Pinterest trying to find some new recipes, I have been slacking on dinner, a lot of quick freezer meals. Although better than take-out.

Tonight for dinner I made Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken and Potatoes with a Greek Salad. I liked that it was a one pot meal but not my favourite meal I have made, not even sure how I would tweak it. But happy to be using my Instant Pot, I have had it for years but it still scares me a bit. I think it is the fact that you cannot check what is cooking.

Also got the dishes done. I am not keeping on top of house stuff right now but slowly trying to work through it. Also cleaned out our fridge, a few things to go this time there was a lot of small things to go like, 2 mushrooms in a bag, 1/4 cup of yogurt left in a container, 1/2 cup of ricotta left in a container. I am happy it was just small things to go but need to get back on top of this.

I just feel like life is so out of whack right now and this heat wave coming in is not helping. I suggested to Mom we should look at just putting a Ductless unit on our main floor, it won't full cool the house but would make it liveable but she thought it was a bad idea. Heck right now I would be game for a portable unit just something to make it move liveable so you do not sweat doing nothing. The older I get the less patients I have when it comes to heat.

I still need to write my meal plan for the week, I thinking I am going to focus on the Instant Pot and Air Fryer this week and see what new recipes I can find. This week I do not think Slow Cooker meals will fit into my schedule.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We are a fully vaccinated house. DS2 had his second shot last night and is only now starting to feel better. DH and I had Moderna tonight. So far I feel fine and I am hopeful that because i reacted the 1st time then thus will be a breeze. A girl can hope. I did the groceries and laundry today just in case tomorrow is a wash.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lilo0003 that is wonderful

As of Thursday afternoon our whole family has had their second shot.

@lizzie bargain I am with you on it feeling weird. We were able to have a Father's Day BBQ following all guidelines but it felt so weird to be with family in person. Even though it was within all guidelines it felt like we were doing something wrong but I guess we are all used to not being able to do these things.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -yes did a load of laundry (my sons and a few of mine )yes his part for his machine has not come in yet and will hang it on my small sagging umbrella line (i dont wish to spend 100 or more on a new one ).We just had to buy a dehumidifier ,which is great ,something i have wanted since my last one broke a few years back .

I need to get out to shoppers ,but i just dont feel like it ,as i am emptying out a dresser with things i buy ahead of time on sale and store to make room ,so my daughter can have a dresser while she and sebastian are living here.

Rearranging a few rooms around takes time and a lot of work emptying drawers .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Seems like things are a little warmer today, not looking forward to this heat wave, from what I have been reading they say it will last at least 2 weeks, basically they do not at this time know when it will end.

Trying to slowly push through and get things done. So far dishwasher is emptied, I just need to reload and then I need to move into some meal prep.

I have to go to our out of town branch this week and was looking forward to the fact I would have more shopping options and thought maybe a different store we do not have locally would be my ticket to shopping this week. Nope, my local store has the best deals.

Trying to come up with dinners for week, I have some potatoes I need to use up but not sure what to make with them. I am in a bit of an everything on my menu plan would be served with Rice, also everything is Chicken. I need find some more recipes we can try this week.

Time to tackle some Fruit and Veggie Prep for the week, having this stuff cut up on hand really helps me eat better.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    We are a fully vaccinated house. DS2 had his second shot last night and is only now starting to feel better. DH and I had Moderna tonight. So far I feel fine and I am hopeful that because i reacted the 1st time then thus will be a breeze. A girl can hope. I did the groceries and laundry today just in case tomorrow is a wash.
    @lilo0003 my family is also fully vaccinated we all got the Pfizer. Most of my DH family are also fully vaccinated but it was a mixture of Pfizer, Moderna . Some of them had to mix there second dose so in a couple of weeks when everyone is fully vaccinated we will be seeing family outdoors not indoors as yet we are not that comfortable .

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Seems like things are a little warmer today, not looking forward to this heat wave, from what I have been reading they say it will last at least 2 weeks, basically they do not at this time know when it will end.
    Funny you mentioned the weather. Tried to find a positive about it being so hot. So we decided to tackle the weeds. Sprayed vinegar on the weeds. By the hottest time of the day, the sun and vinegar will do the trick and kill the weeds.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Sunday!!

I jumped in the shower this morning and then headed down to my fav coffee shop ( I have been 2 times since last March!) My fav barista saw me and smiled and asked if I wanted my usual. WOW! Good memory on her! I wanted to support them but they had really weird hours and weren't brewing my fav coffee. So I just stopped trying to pop in. The Farmers Market is near them so they are open on Sunday's again so decided to go today. Sat at the water while I drank my coffee. Checked out the Market. Then drove to the marsh where my DS and his friend's go fishing and went for a walk along the path.
    Came home and totally cleaned the kitchen. Even scrubbed the kitchen sink!

I bought a new dishwasher yesterday. Ours stopped working a while ago. Then I was going to replace and pushed the on button and it started working. So we used it for a few more months and then it just died again. Found a great deal and now DS can be the helper to Dad to put it in hopefully Tuesday. Monday is a write-off. So much going on.

Organized the recycling so it is ready to put out tomorrow night. It sure is hot out there. I think it is upsetting my dog's tummy. I keep giving her fresh water and she is drinking so hopefully it will pass. She always gets like this with the heat and we have A/C and she only goes out to do her business. I would never walk her in this since she isn't much of a walker.

Think I will wash some snap peas for a snack and take a break

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I do believe it sucks getting older sometimes .I feel i have an intolerance to eggs ,so i will give them up for awhile -ugg .My son told me he has the same thing -going to the washroom about an hour after eggs -humm,so maybe its not a getting older thing .

Woooow sooo hot out there -but i forced myself to go to shoppers and i spent over 60 got 20 times the points -i didnt want to redeem this time as i had a lot of personal offers .I used up 2 free rice krispie cereal (kelloggs) coupons that were expiring end of june.

I just stitched up 2 sides of a talize reusable bag that was ripping ,it is a thinner cloth .Now i may vacuum as it is too hot to go out side.What are we gonna do when i watch 3 grandkids this summer and all they want to do is go outside .I may just sit in the kiddie pool with them -lol
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I waited until yesterday afternoon to chance dry some laundry. Despite the watery sky, the windpower was impressive and some laundry got dry and the rest partially dry. Too hot to get out to shop and in the evening, I was distracted by the Internet.

This morning, I went to Shoppers at 9am as it was said to feel like 32C and I thought better get those bevvies before it feels like 37C later! I don't know where the freeze pops are but got 1 6pk cola (discovered the Pepsi ones are now past cash lanes so I settled for Coke from the usual pop bunker), Perrier Juice, some candy, the weekend local paper and seaweed snacks. Glad I had water. Had a chat about local issues with an acquaintance.

Breakfast was a bowlful of the limited edition taco flavour Doritos and I had some water on my walk to the store. Just a while ago, I saw the half-bag of chips in the garbage. Bro said he got constipated and despite drinking lots of water, is still feeling off. This is the first time I can recall that he binned cheesy chips as he likes most Doritos varieties.

Chapters/Indigo Plum Members! If you need Baby feeding items or breastfeeding supplies, select items are 15% off until the end of the day today with your Plum membership. Certain Oxo Tot items are part of the special. Wish the store had this special in March when I was still buying baby things! Have to look elsewhere for the food tray for stock (out of stock on Chapters site).
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am watching t hings up... and haveing very mixed feelings. very very mixed feelings. some people are going way way way to fast. ..... and yet, i am positive those people would laugh at me and say i am being way to slow.

ultimatly, i can only do what is right for me.

but... the next few weeks... dang.. those are going to be interesting.

ok, hubby and i both have 2nd shot.
    resting for the weekend. getting some stuff done. but mostly resting.

making reusable water ballons for the dc kids. . after that i am exploring felt activity mats for the kids. i have most of the items....

i work this week, then i am off for 2 . it will be good for me to recenter myself. i totally understand why people become hermits..... totally
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information