Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By anisa
  • 1 Post By lizzie bargain
  • 2 Post By anisa
  • 1 Post By GoodBoy

Thread: Which Financial Professional Will Advise Best for an Inheritance

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'm really not savvy in respect to investment accounts and strategies.
    I have never had any money to invest.

I will be inheriting some money, and am not sure what type of financial professional would advise me best.
    My bank? An Accountant? An Investment Broker?

I am totally lost. I just want to put money aside for future security, and to have some extra income from investments to boost my daily spending ability.
    I am not interested in high risk investments.

Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    walkonby and GoodBoy like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I would go with a fee for service financial advisor-in other words somebody who does not make money off what they sell you. Better to pay a set fee or percentage to get advice in your best interests. If you are like most people you may have room in your TFSA and RRSP to consider contributing to-these can be as high or low risk as you choose. Good luck.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Thanks Lizzie

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I would go with a fee for service financial advisor-in other words somebody who does not make money off what they sell you. Better to pay a set fee or percentage to get advice in your best interests. If you are like most people you may have room in your TFSA and RRSP to consider contributing to-these can be as high or low risk as you choose. Good luck.
    lizzie bargain and GoodBoy like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Totally agree. The best thing I did was connect with my For Fee advisor. She and her team have been a godsend. Happy to recommend if you want. Her fees come from a percentage of the amount invested. Not what is sold to you. If value goes up, their fee increases proportionally. If value goes down, so does their fee. Stay away from banks. Stories all the time of bad advise. They only sell.
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Thu, Jul 1st, 2021 at 05:59 AM.
    anisa likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Thanks guys for the feedback
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I may not be in your area.
    Are you with an independent advisor, or are they part of a national chain?

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Totally agree. The best thing I did was connect with my For Fee advisor. She and her team have been a godsend. Happy to recommend if you want. Her fees come from a percentage of the amount invested. Not what is sold to you. If value goes up, their fee increases proportionally. If value goes down, so does their fee. Stay away from banks. Stories all the time of bad advise. They only sell.
    R

Thread Information