User Tag List

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1338Likes

Thread: July 2021 Frugal Chatter--treats for the heat!

Smart Canuck
    [vbp_tr_most_helpful_today]
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Decided to leave my second load of laundry washing so I could skoot out before 8:30am and not be pancaked by the heat.
    Got to Dollar Tree just before 10am. Had discovered last night online that a charity that runs a clothing bank was near the store so my bag of new and secondhand baby clothes plus a few tops I no longer wore was given away-yay. Treated myself to Cherry Coke next door. Walked to library-opening the exterior return slots caused bursts of a/c air to come out. Like a personal a/c! That was fun as I had to use two different return drawers for the book and dvd. Caught a bus 5min later and as it was still about an hour too early for mall crawl, headed to Walmart. Score-found 3 of the Canadiana skorts-there's still one 6mo one left and a 12-18mo one on the rack! Website told me even Burlington did not have stock but I found it. YIPPEE. Then long time to check out as customer ahead of me could not get cardreader to accept her card. Bus back to mall. Bit early.

Had some minutes checking out tea towels (like 3-4 Jamie Oliver 2pk sets!), Kate Spade items and Mikasa. No baby stuff on upper level. Downstairs-such a cute looking time at 4 clearance racks of infant/toddler stuff (girl shorts 2.96, some tops 4.99 and more-sigh, plus two different boxes of Little Me socks-squee!). No buys there but I caved at cash when I saw the Walkers Stem Ginger biscuits and Jelly Belly gummies-total $10! Could not spot any Lauren Ralph Lauren section in womenswear (had 3 items I wanted to examine for quality etc) and skimmed the Olsen racks from the aisle. Then into the mall! Collected my free Decathlon gift card (will do balance check to ensure it's , the $20 promised in the Mapleview email), popped into Indigo Spirit and Shoppers (no newspapers) then spent 20min exploring Decathlon. Lighting is reminiscent of somewhat dim Walmart Supercentre LED (not like our bright Ancaster store)-lots of grey/blue shadows in the store but I love the new floor-so smooth and light grey, not the hideous concrete that Sears left exposed when the carpeting was removed). Mall is building an up/down escalator section right outside Decathlon so I surmise there will be parking lot-facing new entrance soon. Decathlon is on the lower level; seems upper level is being readied for something else or maybe that door facing the bus stop (on Fairview) is being covered up for the new escalator side entrance. Pity that the mall has not allowed buses back on the property-it's a fair hike from Maple ave up the drive to get to a mall entrance. The Fairview Sears door was a convenience! BTW, in the yoga section of Decathlon, I was eyeing the neon orange t-shirt with Lurex stripe at neckline. $16 but it's kind of thin and needs a light-toned camisole (which I still cannot find for me and no, I won't get Spanx-don't need the compression as my chest hurts as it is).

Then I went over to the intersection to the Longos plaza for a newspaper and two snacks at the Dollarama. Wish I had a watch (thinking about the Mandalorian one at EB Games!) to time the buses but I was thrilled I had food and toritilla chips. Bought second paper in Jackson Square then got on one bus to university and waited seemingly forever for next bus to town. Then a 30+min wait for local bus, so I read, played my losing $5 scratch ticket and ate chips (had no pop as I ran out at the university). At home, got my laundry out of machine, got another load going, put some ice in a bag to chill a bothersome pain and ate chips and gummies.

Simply don't feel like doing much until dusk-then maybe a run for a couple of things will happen. Nap is calling me but I'll give the laundry a bit more time to dry then go for a nap. I don't believe I'll do any more hot humid weather trips unless I win some $$$ and can pay someone with an SUV (and a/c) to take me back to Heartland Centre or Mapleview and get some cute baby things (to keep at home), toys and maybe tops and pants if I can find them! Need some new attire. Ironically the same Petit Lem dress & legging set I got last week at Square One's Hudson Bay seems a tad higher than the $9.96 I saw on same set at Mapleview Centre today. Wowsers! Zara store had security at the door and I did not feel like running the gauntlet as the second set of store doors are kept closed. Many shoppers are not following the mall arrows and are looking down at phones as they walk (pity my little cowbell was at home!) . I felt invisible sometimes and would stop/pause if I thought someone was going to walk into me.

Last night, Bro brought a few Mandarin Buffet takeout items plus their free raisin butter tarts (perfect 11pm snacks) for dinner. Did not mind having little to eat this morning but I was very thirsty by the time I disembarked in Burlington.

Am craving watermelon already...
    Last edited by Ciel21; Mon, Jul 26th, 2021 at 05:17 PM.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just a reminder to book your kindergarten kid's free eye exam this summer for the Eye See Eye Learn program. Don't wait until Sept in ON-the eye doctors might be on strike then.
    https://optom.on.ca/esel/

The optical chain that took over the PC Optical program has a 2pr offer for adults.
    https://www.theodoreandpringle.ca/#FinePrint
    Last edited by Ciel21; Mon, Jul 26th, 2021 at 06:04 PM.
    Giseledta and dededi like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

evening-had just the girls today -we went to a spalsh pad stayed for an hour -way too hot then bought them mcdonalds for lunch ,they were sooo good .It really was a fun day .

My dear son is going to put cara in daycare 2 days a week to give me a bit of break and she is soo excited to see her friends .

My daughter went to toronto on sunday and this morning seeing a rental she wants ,she treated us to "craigs cookies" wow half brownie half chocolate chip so good with my tea.I am enjoying a basket of fresh ontario peaches -yummmmm.Took a few to my son's for my granddaughter's.
    Skippy, Giseledta, ROMEO and 4 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Got some of the things done yesterday but not all of the things, story of my life.

I slept last night but I am still so tired, thinking it is life kicking my butt. Mom confirmed we do have a mouse it right in front of her last night, she said she will go out today and get traps.

When we went to Costco we did not get Zucchini because it looked like it had been frozen, they were all splitting but now I am thinking it was not just the Zucchini. Yesterday I was cutting up some celery for my lunch and lost almost half the bag, I think the celery was frozen as well. I have not broken down my Romaine yet but worried since it is stored in the same area I might be in for a surprise there too. Really disappointed as I am one of those people who take time dig through the boxes pick my produce and the celery looked good but yeah not impressed.

I was happy to take yesterday off from the basement but have also seen we need to get this done ASAP, just so much other stuff to get done. Trying to juggle work, the day to day stuff and the basement is just a bit too much for me right now. Probably doesn't help I know I am over booked for the next 3 weeks at work so there is no extra time to get this done. Grrrr I just need this off my plate, hopefully tonight after work we can knock some more out.

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well friends I should be doing other stuff but too much pain at the moment so might as well do something productive like come on here!
    I'm not sure how it happens but all these "little" things that need to be done seem to take a lot of time when you add it all up-sigh!
    As I've mentioned previously I'm going to take it one day/hour/minute at a time Lord,whichever works best, depending on the time and how I feel.
    I am so hungry after seeing @Ciel21 survival snack post of Cherry Coke,Walkers biscuits,and Jelly Belly(All of which I can appreciate)But alas,dinner time is getting closer...
    Nice change of weather today.It's cooler,no humidity and rained(which is really needed out west right now) Even better none of that poor air quality today.
    As I mentioned all these little things add up and dinner which I haven't planned nor prepared yet awaits.
    Whatever you find yourself up to today may you be blessed!
    Thanks for listening,always appreciated.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Skippy The box of 9 cookies were firm on the outer edge and chewy in the middle. Let's say I made most of the cookies disappear very quickly! I probably should visit my local Bay store and find some more. The Jelly Belly stuff-has the taste of jelly beans but a firm jujube-like texture to the crescent shaped candies. Must have had a second carb vacuum experience (Mother Nature is playing with my hormones) in a week (last Thursday's chocolate disappeared in under 2 hours).

Nordstrom's Anniversary sale is open to all tomorrow! Those Miles fall collection items for babies/toddlers/little & big boys &girls *up to 7yr* are moving fast-if the early access pricing holds tomorrow, I'm certain the pancake collection will be gone very quickly. Noticed that Nordstrom has some green/garden themed baby quilts, burping pads, bandanas and onesies. Potential themed gift ideas if there's a little one in your social circle!

Spent several hours napping today. My back seems to have called time on being upright from yesterday's hustle. Tonight, I got laundry washed and dried (some line time then into the dryer because I simply want to know stuff is dried & done), living room vacuumed, bathroom vanity doors back on and supplies put inside (Bro fixed the sink again but buddy just left everything out (left supplies in huge plastic bin in the hallway, doors against linen closet-no! had to move everything)), dishes washed & dried, & took out the kitchen garbage. Want to have tomorrow morning open to library and possible shopping run (would love a quick visit to Lime Ridge to see if Disney store is still around and poke through the Bay's clothing racks).

Well.ca has a Friends & Family event on until July 29. Different code for $10 off $100 purchase, $20 off $200 purchase and so on. Also up to 20% off Nursing needs (until Aug. 1). There is no guest checkout option, so you'll need to create an account to buy items. Free shipping after $35 before taxes...spree!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thrilled to have bought two papers yesterday and found a free magazine. Print reading is SO enjoyable. Watched a little bit of Olympic Games coverage. Got a tip there is some equestrian event on tomorrow (very early in morning). Have to check the schedule.

Think it's time to plan a casserole as the other regular dishes are not appealing. The tortilla chips and ground meat one comes to mind!

Fruit-watermelon was happily consumed, the bananas turned funny in the heat, and I'm avoiding the Granny Smith apples Mom got because of a bad one I had some days ago. Have been eating blueberries sometimes. Time for peaches! Might not last long enough to make any dessert because peaches are so good as they are (usually).

Can't believe it was a year ago that Mom started repainting the living room. So far, no new painting plans have been stated. She does have some things to fix up in her room-will see if I can get her to channel some DIY spirit and get the tasks done (because Bro had feigned zero interest for too long).

My own room needs 15min spurts of reorganizing so that there is better flow & storage. Goal-to have this tackled and done by Sunday.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I had rain on my drive to st. Jacobs today and man the construction on the 401 is brutal. I live close to the QEW and rarely use the 401 but have been on it 3 times in the past 5 days. Had a fresh visit with my everyone and the rain stayed away while we were at the market. I scored an amazing end of day produce offer, for $10.00 I bought 3pounds of strawberries, 10 avocados, 2 pints of grape tomatoes, 2 English cucumbers and 3 pounds of carrots. So we are we’ll stocked and there will be fresh guacamole in my future.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Zucchini spirals recall:
    https://www.hamiltonnews.com/news-st...isteria-fears/

GO Transit/UP Express fans-you can now buy merchandise (direct to home for now) from Metrolinx!
    https://themetrolinxshop.com/

Yes, I got up early to watch the Dressage event online. TV only had rugby coverage (both CBC networks) and what a rough game Fiji & Argentina were playing.
    CBCsports.ca link for dressage kept bouncing me to the men's Korea vs Honduras soccer game. Fine but that is not why I got up so early. Radio-Canada to the rescue!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Just came inside. The first of the yellow string beans are ready and the plants look great. Snacked on a couple raw beans in the garden. Filled both cargo pockets on my pants full of peas. Kids counted them when we came inside and it was 75 pea pods. We also used fish fertilizer on the tomatoes, rhubarb, and zucchini and watered the rest of the garden. I’ll need to thin out my 2 rows of beets next week.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Angela _273 Will you be leaving the garden behind when you move or do you intend to give some plants away/take some to the new residence? It'll be hard for you to leave your prolific dill plants and more! How fun that the kids counted pea pods!

Since I had to help harvest string beans most of the summer when I was a teen/adult, I never thought to count how many I handled per harvest before Mom or I had to wash and trim them for her stews. It seemed that a hot summer meant the plants were like constantly producing ones.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thought the Universe was answering my wish to find out if Disney Store was closing this week when I saw the article online about the mid-August closing. Still intend to visit this week in case there is a toy or maybe baby item that appeals and is on sale. Also think it might be the last chance to spot summer clothing deals as fall apparel begins to arrive at clothing stores. I intend to buy a lottery ticket since I have a big wish list!

The Square One store closed in May and I noticed the outline of the former store D on an exterior wall when I was in the food court area of the mall last Wednesday. I have not glanced online at the Disney store website (US) to see what offers exist for Canadian shoppers. If anyone has Disney Store gift cards in their wallets/pockets/rooms or drawers, find them and spend them! Or see if you can swap them online for gift card of interest-such sites exist.

Got about 4 books on genealogy at the library and did a small grocery shop at Food Basics (forgot the peaches!) on the way home. Good breeze is offsetting today's heat. Bro had an extra burger ready so I had it for lunch. Washed dishes, went online for a bit then a nap called my name. I kind of understand why my parents took naps in their middle ages when they had the chances during summertime!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hello..

had a spend 75 get 20x points, plus 5000 extra pc points from shoppers...
    so i took my weird list... and i went...
    lot and lots of bonus points in addition to the 20x .. so i did well.
    needed batteries.. .. on sale.. and had co51 offer of .75 so did that 2 x.
    46 200 pc points. i did well. and got rid of my weirdo list. so i am happy.

took the dc kids to the skateboard park.. they ran up and down everywhere... love it. then we did water table play.

supper is egg roll in a bowl.
    donated 2 items today.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@gisel dta that’s amazing on the SDM trip. My PCO tells me that I have earned 300 points at SDM in the past 45 days. It used to be such a great source of points but now my offers are always spend 80 or 100 dollars and that is not going to happen.
    DH and I went stand up paddle boarding today, it was my 1st time and I had so much fun now I want my own board. The younger son is also interested so we will go in the next few weeks.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

And don’t forget to save your PCO
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information