User Tag List

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1338Likes

Thread: July 2021 Frugal Chatter--treats for the heat!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Break out the summer treats or refreshing fruits! We got through the first half of 2021, Smart Canucks-style!
    Hello, July!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nordstrom Canada is joining its US parent in celebrating their Anniversary Sale this month. There are two categories of events in Canada that require RSVP and or fees (the other events are US only):
    https://nordstromrsvp.com/anniversaryevents

As I understand it, Nordstrom US gives its cardholders a preview of the sale before it opens to everyone. That may apply to the Canadian sale as well.

https://nordstromrsvp.com/AnniversaryRules

I don't know if the Nordstrom Rack (clearance stores) are doing anything in relation to the Anniversary sale.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Wed, Jun 30th, 2021 at 02:03 PM.
    Giseledta, lilo0003 and dededi like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you @Ciel21 for starting this thread
    Giseledta, ROMEO, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am so happy called my hairdresser and she will fit me in on friday before my daughter comes with sebastian on sunday .
    I will have no time this summer watching the 3 grandkids off and on .

Happy dance for me .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today was the last day of my 10 month teaching contract. I am now unemployed. I continue to check job postings and apply for appropriate positions that I find, but no interviews yet.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

June savings total was $429.36

Coupons used $69.46
    10% off Tuesday $19.47
    Amazon gc - Swagbucks $10
    PCO - NF $30
    Air Miles $80
    CO51 $24.33
    SCOP $14
    Gift Cards
    $10 - Sobeys Activia promo
    $10 - Sobeys Activia promo
    $5 - prepaid MC Kellogg’s promo
    $25 - Ultimate Dining Card
    Stuff Sold $110
    Garden veggies $22
    Found money $0.10
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@coupongirl yay for a haircut. My excitement is a mani pedi Monday. I am also off work until Tuesday so yay. But I am one of this women that nails are my indulgence and I currently have bare nails for the 1st in 4 yrs. so I can’t wait.
    my Costco rebate cheque arrived yesterday. Clearly my Costco spend was up in 2020 as this rebate covered my membership and then some. It was immediately spent on some treats, clothes for me a new bed for the dog and some food of course.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday got away from me. I was trying to get a few things off my plate, it was 1 pm and I was working away next thing I knew it was 5 pm no plan for dinner and I still had one thing I had to take care of before I could take today off.

Last night we just made waffles for dinner, they have become one of our favourite fast go to meals, it was after 5 when we started cooking but still we were done dinner by 6. Granted we eat well they cook which saves us some time.

I have 4 days off and I am torn, do I spend 4 days chilling watching Netflix or do I get all the thing I want/need to get done, done. I just feel like there is so much I want to tackle.

Going to finish my tea and go from there.

Have a wonderful day everyone and Happy Canada Day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@SassyAshley I’d recommend a bit of both. Spend part of the day relaxing, but also tackle a few things. Sometimes I’d take Saturday to get groceries, do some laundry, but also relax and watch tv. Sunday I would get some of my school/work done, bath the kids, vacuum the house. I can’t claim that I always had balance, but I certainly tried to give myself some slack.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Sassy - do a bit of both... or make it a game... if you get x and x done... you get 2 netflix. ya know. ... or set a timer..

for me ... today.... i am waiting for a sinus pill to set in... then .. tackle the front porch.. ... 15 min tops.
    and kitchen.... then break... and bathroom... and playrooms...

supper ... bbq- m and m meat shop sent me a 10.00 coupon .. i sent oldest to pick up a pkg of pork cutletts.. omg ... add in any swear words , even with the coupon it was freaking expensive. certainly not doing that without a huge coupon.

ok.. july .. i have a few goals for the last half of the year. i am going to focus on frugal , try to get a few costs down. and really focus on where i spend my extra money. i have been trying to support small biz more.

ok.. today.. frugal activity.. ... i am cutting out the play mats , i will use these for on the tuff tray , or my sensory bin for different activities and exploration events.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thanks @Angela273 & @Giseledta that is exactly what I did decided to knock out what I could this morning and this afternoon will be a bit more chill, unless I can talk Mom into cleaning out our Front Closest. I desperately want to turn our Front Hall Closets into a our cleaning storage area but right now it is full of stuff. Mom agrees with my idea but it isn't a high priority for her and there is a lot of her stuff in the closet.

I also love the timer, I used the timer all the time. If working remotely I use a timer for breaks to make sure I take my break. Sounds funny right? But so many times I will get a call and get pulled back so instead of a 15 minute break I take a 2 minute break so now I am in the habit of going back to take the rest of my break. I also use a timer when I have little ambition I set it for 15 minutes and tell myself I have to get at least 15 minutes of cleaning done.

I got a good chunk of my to-do-list for today done:
    Kitchen Floor - Done, Swept & Mopped
    Dishes - Done
    Fridge Cleaned Out - Done, found a few things I need to use up and e did some food waste this week
    Snack Shelf Cleaned/Reorganized - Done
    Rice - Done, I had a large bag to break down and put in my Stockpile Room

The one thing I did not get done was cleaning the bathroom, I may or may not do that this afternoon, there is always tomorrow.

I also wanted to do some grocery shopping but we will see, we have enough to get through the weekend so thinking I might wait till next week, we will see. Honestly, you never know I might wake up tomorrow and decide to go.

I need to sort through my dinner ideas, I had 10 I wanted to try and I believe we have made 8 of the 10 recipes so I need to make another list of new recipes we can try. Plus I still have not figured out dinner tonight yet.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I was gonna say that to sassy -a bit of both .

I watched a movie from the library this morning "after the wedding" before that i hung a load on the small line .Finished washing and drying my dear son's clothing .

Cut the front lawn as hubby (went to the hospital yesterday and has a bruised rib) i dropped him off and picked him up.

Then i sat on my neighbours front lawn and chatted til it rained just now .See if something doesnt get done there is always the weekend .

My daughter is packing up her belongings today in toronto ,to get ready to move here with sebastian .Of course she took friday and monday off work to get settled here.

Supper will be leftover chicken ceasar salad for me and 2 pizza slices for hubby .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl hope your hubby feels better soon a bruised rib is extremely painful.

I bruised my ribs as a teenager and it was one of the worst injuries I have had because the pain is always there. I remember the night I did it Mom came to check on me and asked how I was and my response was "rollings a b*tch" she still makes fun of me for that one.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I slept in today which was nice. My honey made us a vegan breakfast (tofu like eggs and I honestly didn't notice a difference! Tasted like eggs with onion and peppers)

Have a load in the washer. Kitchen is clean. Cleaned out the fridge a bit. Went to the ATM to take my fun money out and add it to my wallet for when I am ready to start spending. Had my eyebrows waxed today It's been a good day with no plan.
    Youngest DS works at 5 so I will pop in RCSS on the way home from dropping him off and see it there are any deals.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I was on Pinterest looking up some Dinner Ideas, took a break and ended up falling asleep on the couch for about 15 minutes.

After my nap I thought about cleaning the Bathroom but decided to take a nice relaxing shower instead.

Is anyone else's favourite part of cleaning the nice relaxing ​shower at the end?

Oh and I taught Mom how to use the Instant Pot, she wanted to Steam some Broccoli to make a Broccoli Salad. I am really becoming more comfortable with the Instant Pot and am getting more comfortable with the Air Fryer too. I really do love our Air Fryer, it is one of my better purchases.

Dinner tonight will be Chicken Caesar Wraps with Oven Fries, I have some Tortillas and Romaine to use up.
    Giseledta, dededi and Ciel21 like this.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information