User Tag List

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1338Likes

Thread: July 2021 Frugal Chatter--treats for the heat!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    @Angela273 Would your insurance reduce any increase if you got a fish-eye rear (dashcam) camera for the van to film the people who ding /damage your vehicle? I know you rely on it for shopping and for getting the family around to their commitments.
    I could look into something like that. I know Dh and I discussed that before because my parked vehicles have been hit abd run too many times over the years.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Not sure what is up, even though I am getting sleep I am still feeling super tired but forcing myself to be up early each morning as I know mornings are my most productive time.

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed right now which usually leads me to want to shut down but I am trying to focus and regroup. I checked all my work stuff this morning and then I took 15 minutes to write down my to-do-list both for work and home. I find if I get it down on paper it is out of my brain which helps me to focus as I am not worried about forgetting something.

I really want to take advantage of the cooler weather and get some food prepped for the freezer. We have gone through most of what I had on hand and we need more variety. I let myself down I got used to being home and making dinner but did not think about when things happens and we need those quick grab and go meals. So I need to restock.

Have a great day everyone
    Giseledta, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rain around 7pm last night and it's here on and off again. Much cooler-perfect for errands but there is a rain warning for possible heavy rain today. While looking at clothing last night for kids again, I realized at bedtime that I wanted a couple of new things for me. Seems I had not registered that. A new bright jacket that is not tight around the back and has the snaps/zipper/pockets I want. However I will see what I can find locally before committing to a $50+ spend for one item. I'd like something ruffled in a top. My tops are mostly too practical and I'm bored of them.

Breakfast was a slice of leftover takeout pizza (don't know where Bro got it out of town but pizza had 3 meat toppings) and water. Will eat a salad soon. Had some of that pizza last night, so I was not too hungry in the morning.

While CHCH is mentioning walk-in mass vaccination clinics are open for those needing 1st shots, I did not hear which vaccine(s) is being given today nor exactly where these clinics are. Two assessment centres will be closing soon. Not everyone lives near the FirstOntario centre in downtown Hamilton.

Tim on CHCH Morning Live did a segment on Timber Wolf Cottages at Great Wolf Lodge and there is a promo code CHCHFUN to save up to 20% on Timber Wolf booking until Aug 15? Tried to find the segment online-likely will be posted after the 10am show end today.

More product recalls-shower bench sold at Costco, bear deterrent sold at Cdn Tire, Anyplace portable fireplace sold on Wayfair.ca:
    https://www.thespec.com/local-burlin...spec_web_ymbii

Puddle-jumping day! Lots of birds and rabbits were out on the lawn trying to find breakfast...
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have a 4 day weekend (Mon/Tues off) and everyone is busy so I am going on a solo road trip! I am so freaking excited! I packed my clothing last night. Picking up the food items I need today. (packing a cooler for water/breakfast/snacks etc)
    I will gas up in the morning so I am ready to go as soon as I am done work tomorrow!

Had a $5 pick up this morning (item I got for free a few weeks ago on side of road) Have $14 in pick ups schedule for later today.
    I could deliver a $10 item to someone interested but I don't feel like doing that. I have no need to go that way.

I have a busy work day today so doubt I will post anything else for sale till I return next week.
    Giseledta, Angela273 and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Of course I just chatted with my guy while I was driving for to the office to get my stuff. He wants to come on the road trip with me if I will leave Sat and said he could take Monday off from reno job. I think I just want to keep my plan and not have to worry about someone else this weekend. I have hiking plans!! And I am an early riser and he is not. And then he still has the same amount of work to get done...plus he was hoping to start his parents roof next week if the weather co-operates. We will see!

I just went to No Frills and GT quickly.
    $1 for 1lb strawberries- bought 4. they are soaking now and I will clean and package for easy eating (some for my trip and some for home)
    Cream cheese and bagels
    carrots and dip
    I will bake banana muffins in the morning for my trip.
    I am happy with that! I also have raw almonds. Just nice to have some food (healthy) to eat while on the road.

Going to grab the cooler from the garage so it is ready. Making ice now!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Jul 8th, 2021 at 10:57 AM.
    Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rain, Rain, and more Rain!
    Very pleased I did the weekly grocery shop yesterday!

Since it is an inside type of day, and very happy to be on Tiered Hydro rates (no worry about TOU high rates in mid day here and no getting up at 4AM do do laundry!), I will do 4 loads of laundry. Sheets, towels, etc. Things that pile up in the laundry room for a "rainy day"

Hope all are well here and stay dry and stay cool!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Might sound odd but feeling like it is a great day, it rainy and cool, I am sitting on the couch wrapped in a blanket binge watching Grey's on Netflix well I catch up on work. It was just the morning I needed, I was able to knock things out, get things off my to-do-list and feel like I accomplished something.

Hopefully once my work day is done I can do the same with stuff around the house but we will have to see. I woke up with my foot really hurting today so I am not sure how much standing and walking I will be able to do. Hopefully when I go the doc will have an easy answer for me, fingers-crossed, it is simple.
    Giseledta, GoodBoy and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon ,woke up at 6.15 today -i wish i could sleep in when i am not watching the girls and sebastian ,but then again he lives with us and comes in our room and states morning nana or papa.

Sassy i feel so lethargic ,at least i get my haircut on friday (i thought it was last friday but she was off til this week)while watching the girls hubby will take over for 40 minutes .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Still raining here. I'm not complaining either.

Have a $4 pick up on the way (a new candle I do not need that was gifted to me years ago)

4 lbs of strawberries washed/cleaned and in the fridge ready to eat. Kitchen is spotless and I even scrubbed the sinks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

today is my 21st anniversary. plan was... patio dinner... .. rain has stalled those plans. , we will maybe do a nice diner in the next few days, today. its take out.. and tv show.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mapleview Centre (Burlington) has announced the opening of Decathlon (sporting goods store)--map shows it's in the former Sears store!
    https://www.facebook.com/mapleviewce...type=3&theater

Spiffy exterior look-near the bus stop and around the corner from nearby Starbucks at the mall entrance.

So that is why this spring there was some obvious work being done when I was in the area and getting off the bus! I hope that old cement floor got a paint job or rubberized coating. It was obvious when the "new Sears" look in 2017 launched there, the floor was not part of the look. That is why I was not a fan of the modular carts because it looked too much like a warehouse/workshop with that old floor (formerly carpeted in areas).

I've been looking at a few womenswear offerings on Banana Republic, The Gap, Joe Fresh, Torrid (some good deals but in US dollars and $20 flat rate shipping to Canada) and Simons not finding the ruffled top look but I did see a couple of skorts (Chicos and Simons) that might be contenders if I want to pay full retail (and skip buying a new jacket). I also searched Sport Chek last night and website was sluggishly loading (I was looking at Outlet deals) and will try narrowing my search to try there again.

My last item from Wellwise-no idea where it is but got a reply from customer support that it's been sent out (new order) via a different courier. Think it was mention that I was going to get Mom to cancel the payment that brought about this response.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Thu, Jul 8th, 2021 at 08:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    today is my 21st anniversary. plan was... patio dinner... .. rain has stalled those plans. , we will maybe do a nice diner in the next few days, today. its take out.. and tv show.
    Happy Anniversary, @Giseledta ! Found a different version of this song for you and DH to enjoy.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Giseledta Happy Anniversary

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Giseledta ... Happy Anniversary!

Last edited by GoodBoy; Thu, Jul 8th, 2021 at 07:42 PM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Went to the doc he thinks it is just my planters fasciitis acting up but to be safe he is sending me for an X-Ray. They do not make appointments for X-Rays so my plan is to go first thing tomorrow when they open and hopefully I can get in and out quickly.

I had my Doc appointment and had to run one errand both seems really quick but by the time I got home it was late so needed a quick dinner so we made Chicken Enchiladas with homemade enchilada sauce, shredded chicken, mushrooms, peppers, and cheddar.

Did get a few small things done around the house nothing earth shatter but it was something. I will take the small victories.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information