User Tag List

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1338Likes

Thread: July 2021 Frugal Chatter--treats for the heat!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I took advantage of the cooler weather and made a batch of meatballs last night, the younger son lives off spaghetti and meatballs so he helped make them. It’s still cool but you can feel the return of the humidity. We had lots of rain so the grass is green the gardens are hydrated and the rain barrels are full.
    Happy Anniversary @gisel dta
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Happy anniversary giseleta

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    today is my 21st anniversary. plan was... patio dinner... .. rain has stalled those plans. , we will maybe do a nice diner in the next few days, today. its take out.. and tv show.

Happy Belated Anniversary @Giseledta to you and your DH hoping you had a wonderful celebration yesterday

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning off to watch only the girls today ,we will have a fun adventure going to toysrus and letting them pick out a reasonable priced toy for trying so hard this school year with online learning (i will use the 5.00 coupon the lovely cashier gave me the other day also)

Then soooo looking forward to my haircut as i have shoulder length layers -i have been wearing a ponytail most of the time lately plus the heat (need to keep cool at my age).

Not getting groceries this week as daughter just bought a bunch of groceries from sobeys and used the 25.00 code i gave her when you spend 100.00 or more on wednesday .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Woke up before my alarm, do not know why this always makes me happy. Was up at 5 and working away getting things done and off the to-do-list.

I am not sure what is up but the past 2 days I have woken up in serious pain with my foot. Going to get it X-Rayed today. I am hoping it won't take long and I can run into Wal-Mart, the doc suggested I start wearing my shoes inside but I do not want to wear the same ones I wear to work in our house as honestly my work is dirty and I do not stay in just the offices.

I feel like my house to-do-list is getting longer and longer so much I want/need to get done.

It looks like an overcast day here but not raining, we will see what happens.

Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@SassyAshley - I woke up at 430 this morning!!! Maybe because I had my window open? or maybe because I am excited about my road trip? That must be it! Just brewing a pot of coffee now to wake up and then I am packing the car

DS left a bit of a mess in the kitchen last night. I am going to wash the dishes and let them dry on the counter and he can put them away when he gets up.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The vehicle is pretty much packed to leave in an hour!! Just need to dry my hair and toss my make-up stuff in the bag to go to car.

Amazing the food you can prep for a road trip and be satisfied. Making a few turkey sandwiches now for the road

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    The vehicle is pretty much packed to leave in an hour!! Just need to dry my hair and toss my make-up stuff in the bag to go to car.

Amazing the food you can prep for a road trip and be satisfied. Making a few turkey sandwiches now for the road
    @Frugalbigmama enjoy your road trip and alone time . Hope you have lots of fun

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post

@Frugalbigmama enjoy your road trip and alone time . Hope you have lots of fun
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Got my foot X-Rayed this morning, was a little disappointed. I called yesterday:
    a) to find out if they booked appointments, they do not
    b) what time X-Rays open, was told 8:30 till 4:30 Mon to Fri

I got there just after 8:30 to be told the X-Ray Tech does not come in until 9 am, it was not a long wait and I was first in line but just one of those things.

After my X-Ray I ran into Wal-Mart to look for shoes I can wear around the house, I found a pair I really liked available in a few different colours so I grabbed 2 pairs, I thought about a 3rd but couldn't find my size in Grey. So I just got black and pink. I also grabbed some new insoles, I find shoes just do not have the same support they used too. Yes I know I got shoes at Wal-Mart but even with I have bought Adidas or Nike I find the same thing.

Well I was there I also got a few things I have needed for a bit but haven't picked up:
    Foundation Powder
    Mascara
    A new Pillow

Then I found a few things on sale I picked up:
    2 x Raspberries $1.97
    1 x Blackberries $1.97
    2 x 3-pack of Peppers $1.87 (This was a surprise, I did not read the flyer closely and thought it was $1.87/lb not per back, it was a nice surprise)
    2 x Olive Oil $3.97

When I got home I needed to wash my new pillow so I decided I might as well do the bedding, the last load is in the Washer right now. That is one thing off the list for this weekend.

The work day is done and now it is time to relax.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

We took our granddaughters to toysrus and they got the cutest little sets of callico sets (small little mice and hedgehogs to play with )plus the guy gave them an lol bag with a few freebies .

Then got my haircut with 3 inches cut off (as i find this summer too hot for me) i then gave her the nicest tip ever as i was glad she came back (she is one person in a small salon shop ,she almost didnt wish to return but she has such regular clintele,my son called while i was there to book his hair appt .I got a cancellation for sat and my hubby will go .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Today is not going to plan, I was up early this morning but could not get out of bed. I must have done something because my back is killing me today, when I woke up I could barely stand or sit so laying it was. I got to a point I could get up but the pain is still there, taking it easy but hoping it clears quickly as today was supposed to be a get it all done type of day.

My Kitchen is a Disaster, My Stockpile room need some love and just some general tidying up was planned for today but guess my back is calling the shots.

I also need to come up with a meal plan for the week, it is supposed to warm up again this week. I am thinking maybe I will make a bunch of Salads and then we can just pick and choose what we want and just pair it with a protein. I found a few proteins I want to try making in the Air Fryer so maybe that is plan, premake the Salads and then just need to cook a protein each night.

Last night I realized a few things I forgot to grab at Wal-Mart, I know better than to shop without a list but oh well, there is always another day. I also want to go to Dollarama grab a few things.

Okay, getting overwhelmed starting to spin, so I am off to Pinterest to look up some Salad Summer options and hopefully my back will works with me and I can get some other stuff done.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone
    coupon girl, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon-this morning weeded my front garden,hung a load out .

Then my dear daughter asked me if i wanted to go to a patio -sure i said.We drove to Locke street and the wait was only 35 minutes to eat at "earth to table bread bar" so we wnt down the street to a lovely all natural bath bomb store with perfume sprays ,room spray etc .
    I splurged on lavender ,lemon bath bubble crumbs and a lemongrass room freshnercost $20.00 but a large glass bottle (as i am no longer going to be thrifty as i hate the aerosols)

My daughter treated me so we each had a lovely fennel,arugula with sunflower seeds salad and we shared a 4 slice pizza -so yummy and nice .I offered to pay half but she said no mom i got it .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening,
    After some time with the heating pad and Voltaren my back started to feel a bit better but still felt I shouldn't push too hard as it would still tweak on me. I got some stuff done but not as much as planned. Most of my plans for today involved lifting, timing, right?

Last time I was at No Frills they had Sugar on sale so I grabbed 4, I broke these down and put them in sucker seal bags. Then I took them down to put them in their bin in my stockpile room. My stockpile room needed to be tidied up so I got the floor cleaned and everything picked up. I really need to reorganize but knew my back wasn't up for the challenge. But everything is picked up, just need to clean the floor.

We decided on Homemade pizza for Dinner so well I was prepping that I also grated Cheese for the week. Since I got my counter top grated each week I grate cheese for the week, if we do not use it by the end of the week I toss it in the freezer and we can use it out of the freezer with no issues. Today I needed to grate more Parmesan (this one does not go in the freezer, it will last a few weeks in the fridge), Mozzarella (still have some in the freezer but not enough for dinner) & Cheddar which we were out of.

Then I cleaned out the fridge and took out the garbage was not much food waste this week just a couple small things.

Doesn't seem like a lot but more than I thought I would be able to get done based on how I felt when I got up so I am happy. Also been wearing one pair of my new shoes all day and so far it seems to be helping. I got the insoles for planters facetious think I may need to grab a second set for my work shoes.

As I was cleaning out the fridge I see we do need to shop this week, I was hoping to hold off another week but not sure we will make it. I think we are still on track to not need any meat just mainly fresh stuff (Lettuce, Mushrooms), Dairy (Milk, Cheese, Sour Cream) and I am sure there is other stuff we need, I will write a list tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Saturday

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

If anyone has a metro and an air miles card check to see if you have the milk offer. 2.99 for 4L bag this week. Perfect to timing as we are out of milk. I did groceries at RCSS today and almost died at the price of BLSL chicken. Club pack for 40.00. Needless to say there was no chicken in my cart. I used up some beef tenderloin ends from Christmas dinner and the older son seared them as steak. It was really good. Not that I think the price of groceries will improve but for now I just want to use what we have on hand.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information