User Tag List

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1338Likes

Thread: July 2021 Frugal Chatter--treats for the heat!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    today is my 21st anniversary. plan was... patio dinner... .. rain has stalled those plans. , we will maybe do a nice diner in the next few days, today. its take out.. and tv show.
    late congratulations! 21 years wow. Hopefully you had a nice dinner.
    SassyAshley, GoodBoy and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Congrats Giseleda! Happy Anniversary!
    barbis9, GoodBoy and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It is pouring here! Hopefully DS can cut the grass tomorrow! At least it is nice and green.

My oldest is off today which is a nice break for him. He has been working hard these past few weeks. Youngest works tonight. Tomorrow is his day off since last Friday. Guess he took others shifts since they had vacation plans. $$$$. Glad he got out to the beach yesterday before he had to work. Have to still enjoy summer!
    We went to the beach last night for a swim. My 1st time in this year. It was beautiful.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We purchased a Miele. We also paid for delivery and removal of the old one and installation of the new one. All done by the one team in one visit. I would say we end up running it 5 out of 7 days a week. Most times full. some times 75% full. Still worth it every time.

As part of the deal we did get 6 months of dishwasher tabs and also the sales team sent us two containers of rinse aid and 1 dishwasher cleaner. We also paid for a 10 year warranty. Why? Because for the next 10 years I do not want to worry about anything and I can use it as much as I want. If anything goes wrong they deal with it. We did the same with our Miele fridge and have never regretted it.

We did all the purchase online in zoom calls with the reps at the Yorkdale mall store and then over the phone. It could not have been easier.

I hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @GoodBoy what brand did you buy?

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon,
    Another day, another branch, we have had a staff member who has been away so I went in today to clear up some of the paperwork and get all of that taken care of.

I had run an errand for work after work, we needed something and was easier for me to just run and grab it instead of ordering it.

I thought about grabbing some groceries but we are under a bunch of weather warnings and did not want to stuck in the storms either loading or bringing in groceries so they will need to wait for another day. We are out of a few staples but so far making it work.

I was working about 30 minute away today we did not get any rain there but the closer I got to home it was more and more flooded it was and is raining again here. Good news is the rain is supposed to cool things off but looks like it only lasts a couple of days, my feeling won't be hurt if it last longer LOL.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    barbis9, GoodBoy and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@SassyAshley @Frugalbigmama I was wondering if the winds were more serious in your areas as there was a severe storm/tornado alert for cottage country but now it's more over the Peterborough area. Southern Ontario has to watch the alerts-never know when Hamilton or Toronto can get flooded underpasses due to heavy rains.

While waiting for the storm, there is some air circulation in the house but it's definitely really muggy indoors today. I have been eating strawberries, cherries and the watermelon (Mom got one today). Not feeling like having a freeze pop but I saw a frozen Mochi ad on the Weather Network's site and now I'm craving those treats. Will wash some lettuce to enjoy with cold salad dressing as light supper for now.

My Burlington library holds are both ready for pickup so I'm looking at weather for tomorrow or Monday as dates open for travel to collect the dvd and book.

Still waiting for weekly paper but it might appear tomorrow. Got some real estate flyers-the one newsletter contained contest winners from last month's social media contest-posted names in the What Did You Win contest thread.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    @SassyAshley @Frugalbigmama I was wondering if the winds were more serious in your areas as there was a severe storm/tornado alert for cottage country but now it's more over the Peterborough area. Southern Ontario has to watch the alerts-never know when Hamilton or Toronto can get flooded underpasses due to heavy rains.

While waiting for the storm, there is some air circulation in the house but it's definitely really muggy indoors today. I have been eating strawberries, cherries and the watermelon (Mom got one today). Not feeling like having a freeze pop but I saw a frozen Mochi ad on the Weather Network's site and now I'm craving those treats. Will wash some lettuce to enjoy with cold salad dressing as light supper for now.

My Burlington library holds are both ready for pickup so I'm looking at weather for tomorrow or Monday as dates open for travel to collect the dvd and book.

Still waiting for weekly paper but it might appear tomorrow. Got some real estate flyers-the one newsletter contained contest winners from last month's social media contest-posted names in the What Did You Win contest thread.
    Possible tornado hit South end Barrie. Near where my sister lives now and we lived close by before we moved North. And yesterday a storm whipped near us on Georgian Bay that they are investigating still to see if it was a tornado. Scary stuff.
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well change in plans for my weekend, our basement has flooded with all of the rain we have gotten recently.

I really wish I could convince Mom to ask for some help. Doing anything that involves moving really hurts her (I think it is because now that is not working she really does not get much movement or exercise, she stays in the house and mostly sits on the couch working on journals) and I am worried my foot will no hold up to standing for super long periods or constantly going up and down the stairs.

So far between my stretches, my brace, new shoes for around the house and insoles I am getting through work with my foot but was really looking forward to having the weekend were I could rest it.

Instead of asking for help she wants to see if she can find someone to pay to do it but it won't be cheap to pay someone to do all of this clean up. It is going to take hours if not days t clean this all up.

Deep down I am hoping once we get down there, there will be a lot of no joy moments and we can just bag it up and haul it out, although the hauling it out is what I am worried about. Mom cannot haul it out and I am not sure my foot can handle it right now. Urrggggggg
    barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

People are saying they think there were some here, I am south of Barrie but nothing confirmed yet just quite a bit of damage, mostly downed trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Possible tornado hit South end Barrie. Near where my sister lives now and we lived close by before we moved North. And yesterday a storm whipped near us on Georgian Bay that they are investigating still to see if it was a tornado. Scary stuff.
    barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Deal of the week. No Frills- Buy 4 brocoli get 4,000 PC Pts. Pm Food Basics for .88 each.

Tonight we are having: Steak, mushrooms, onions, brocoli and fries in the air fryer
    barbis9, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Well change in plans for my weekend, our basement has flooded with all of the rain we have gotten recently.

I really wish I could convince Mom to ask for some help. Doing anything that involves moving really hurts her (I think it is because now that is not working she really does not get much movement or exercise, she stays in the house and mostly sits on the couch working on journals) and I am worried my foot will no hold up to standing for super long periods or constantly going up and down the stairs.

So far between my stretches, my brace, new shoes for around the house and insoles I am getting through work with my foot but was really looking forward to having the weekend were I could rest it.

Instead of asking for help she wants to see if she can find someone to pay to do it but it won't be cheap to pay someone to do all of this clean up. It is going to take hours if not days t clean this all up.

Deep down I am hoping once we get down there, there will be a lot of no joy moments and we can just bag it up and haul it out, although the hauling it out is what I am worried about. Mom cannot haul it out and I am not sure my foot can handle it right now. Urrggggggg
    oh no! Sorry this happened to you.
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post

@SassyAshley I am so sorry that your basement had flooded .Hoping your mom come around and reach out to get some help.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I did not feel like cooking today. DH suggested take out in the same conversation he was talking about retirement, uhh no. So we did pasta and some of the homemade meatballs I made last week and a Caesar salad. We are off Friday and Monday so depending on the weather we may make a drive to Niagara region Friday. I had a 10.00 Facebook sale today. 1st time in ages.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy-sorry about the flooding

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Tonight my son and his family came over to celebrate my hubby's birthday (it is on friday he will be 62)and my daughter and my son split the bill on pizza nova wings ,pizza and some form of nugget for the kiddies -it was so nice to celebrate all together again ,we were all outside and the kids were in a rectangular pool my daughter bought from canadian tire last month .

Friday watch the 3 grandkids and then son/wife go away with the girls to a cottage for the week with her side .

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information