User Tag List

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1338Likes

Thread: July 2021 Frugal Chatter--treats for the heat!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good day with the kids. i need to wear proper running shoes, my sandles are killing my sciatica.
    i popped over to uber expensive grocery store, and picked up a small cooked chicken and salad... wont do that again. chicken.. 13.00 .. salad 5.... ugh... not worth it on either part.

i noticed a few grocery prices when i was in there... will be watching prices alot more . ugh.

tomorrow should be a great day. full crew. it will be nice.
    i do need a plan for supper. ... tooorrow is another hot day.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

Happy that I spent $0 yesterday. Today I am in for $1.05 Decided not to make a pot of coffee since I feel I drank too much yesterday so just picked up 1 at Mcdonalds on my way to the office.

Went to bed early last night again. I needed it. Feel better today. This weather is not good for my head.

Cleaned out the fridge quickly today and put garbage etc out this morning. Will wash up the dishes when I get home and figure out dinner plan. Didn't eat much last night since my head was pounding again. So should be good and hungry tonight!

Have a great day everyone!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Jul 20th, 2021 at 10:55 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My guy made me a wonderful lunch yesterday. He made "egg salad vegan style" and it was actually really good. He used chick peas, tofu, avocado and vegan mayo etc. I don't want to eat it everyday but I was starving and it hit the spot.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@SassyAshley do you have a fan that you could use in your basement? When I had water issues, the contractor said to keep the air circulating in our basement. Any fan will do. I also picked up some wooden skids from industrial garbage, and make sure anything of importance is on them. It helps with air circulation, and stuff isn’t on the floor.
    Last edited by barbis9; Tue, Jul 20th, 2021 at 10:45 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Daughter made an interesting supper (blackbeans,corn ,steamed peppers and roasted fingerlings all put together a bowl -i loved it like a mexican bowl.
    Sounds delicious

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thanks, I never thought of putting a fan down there. Once it is all cleaned up we have a shelving unit we are now using right now, we are going to put the shelves on the floor to sit everything on as the shelves are raised off the ground.

Also once clean I will be buying more shelves and just lining the one room in shelves to keep everything off the floor. Will probably also grab some more bins just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @SassyAshley do you have a fan that you could use in your basement? When I had water issues, the contractor said to keep the air circulating in our basement. Any fan will do. I also picked up some wooden skids from industrial garbage, and make sure anything of importance is on them. It helps with air circulation, and stuff isn’t on the floor.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The extreme heat advisory ended and was replaced with an air quality advisory. With the humidex we’re still supposed to reach 36 again today. It’s difficult to get stuff done outside. My garden is growing nicely, but would still benefit from a couple hours work. A bit of weeding, need more tomato supports, harvest some other veggies.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Ugh..I don't believe I'm much further ahead since my last post when I was hunkered down from the heat. I have my window a/c cranked up but still not productive, just the bare minimum-sigh! The air quality is really bad here too, so no walks for me today. Sit in front of the a/c with kitty.
    Thankfully it was cool Saturday morning so did loads of wash,cleaned and cooked a roast that has lasted a few meals. All hail leftovers!
    After last week's find of Throwback Pepsi I scored with more junk food at No Frills with Old Dutch potato chips that were already on sale along with PC points for purchasing and I also got a personal offer of PC points which brought the cost down to 72 cents! Before I get a reputation for junk food,let the record show I rarely buy the stuff and so rarely eat them(but chips are so good!)
    Whatever you're facing this week try taking it one day/hour/minute at a time whichever works best for you!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mississauga ON has a severe thunderstorm alert with potential for nickel-size hail. Cover your gardens! Hamilton does not have the same alert. Weird sky right now in Ancaster-rain is coming.

I took the bus to get my banking, bus card loading and grocery shopping done. Missed the return bus but had a chat with an acquaintance. Grateful that I packed water, bought a pop and that a cool breeze was offsetting the humidity on the walk back! Happy owner of Swiffer Duster refills-Bro has the older folder duster arm and it seems that is only on the current Heavy Duty kit now. I probably have a coupon for Swiffer products but did not check ahead of my trip.

I'm sifting through some store sites based on possible stops at Heartland Centre tomorrow (pending on how long the rain in the morning is an issue or I might have to delay until Friday but then there are the Opening Ceremonies for the Games to watch...). Seems I'm on target to stay in one particular quadrant with a couple of stops outside but not too far away.

Checking Kitchen Stuff Plus-if you select Toasters and Toaster ovens, there are fewer models than last year. BUT! THe Breville toaster oven does not appear in the results. You have to actually search for Breville to see it in the results (on sale, though!). No kitchen towels are calling my name (lucky you if you can find the slotted spoon by Ricardo in your store-it's not at Heartland!).

Don't know if I can go to Krispy Kreme donuts nearby. I'm more intent on getting a peach pie at Jollibee!
    Giseledta, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Len's Mill stores-website says some locations may be accepting cash for purchases; call your location to confirm. Also, Guelph location will be moving>see ONtario>Guelph subforum

https://lensmill.com/pages/promos
    Last edited by Ciel21; Tue, Jul 20th, 2021 at 08:01 PM.
    barbis9 likes this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good but busy day.
    i am hoping the air weather improves tomorrow.
    water play tomorrow... and outdoor painting.. should be a good day but busy day.

not sure what to do menu wise... its so hot, and my energy is low... lol first world problems.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I really love the heat. I can lose 6-8 pounds over the course of a 30 degree day. Sadly, I get it all back after guzzling a couple litres of water or eat, but at least I get to feel light for a few hours. :D
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I do not think I posted yesterday, I was so tired yesterday and not sure why because I did sleep. Yesterday was just one of those days so many things going on and pulling me in different directions, when my work day was done I was done.

I still have not gone grocery shopping and well things are getting sparse, I am going to need to go shopping soon. Normally I love grocery shopping but I think there is just so much going on right now it is just one more thing on my plate. But I have to go at some point this week or we will not make it through the weekend.

The good news is I do not need any meat, it is mostly fresh stuff and dairy that is needed right now. Although I am not getting rid of my stockpile or freezers I think moving forward we will start to go back to what were normal levels pre covid. I will always stock up and keep a stockpile on hand but during Covid we really increased the amounts we kept on hand. On some items like Bread and Buns we will start to decrease how much we have to make more room in our freezers for some freezer cooking.

Still working through the basement, it has been a struggle this week. Hoping we can make a ton of progress this weekend. I think it is going to get tricky once we get into the craft supplies. Happy to be getting cleaned up but timing is not the best but such if life right?

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!

I did one load of laundry last night and hung it to dry. It was pretty much dry this morning so should be ready to put away later this afternoon when I get home from work.
    Loving the few tank tops I bought at Giant Tiger. Great fit and material and wash and hang to dry great. Think I will pop in the 2 stores next time I'm in Barrie and see if I can find a few more on clearance.
    I must have been bloaty when I tried on the one because I thought I was going to need to bring it back because it was a bit tight but doubted they would have any size Large left but I tried it on again last night and it fits great and I could actually go down to a size small but will just keep it since I the rack was gone last time I went in so I'm guessing they sold them all. I am so picky about tank tops so happy I love all 3 I bought for around $5 each! So will go for a drive for an oil change (50% off coupon my guy gets because of his company car) and GT shopping Big weekend plans
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Jul 21st, 2021 at 09:56 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

well so far I have been for a bike ride and puttered in the garden picking a little bit of fresh fruit-fresh and free is always good. Going away for a few days with my SIL at the end of the month-I see some Scrabble in my future-we both love to play. Better yet my sister is coming back from Germany for a few weeks next month which means even more Scrabble.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information