User Tag List

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree2180Likes

Thread: August 2021 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Ciel21: Thank you ,yep it feel great to be more organizated and no more clutter in those coupons and papers !!! Have a good saturday!!! Sometimes it is a good thing i kick my butt to accomplish the less enjoyable cores
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

this weekend is about housework... it is simply to hot to do outside stuff.. i would really like to do outside stuff.. sigh. is what it is .

tonight... laundry... i have alot to do .

i want cake... sigh... good cake.... might make one... any hoo.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to shoppers this afternoon spent 60 got 20 times the points.Strawberries were 2.99 way cheaper than the grocery stores .

Then popped into library and got my one hold book -may have time to read it ,got gas then home too hot line dried 2 loads.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rain came somewhat slowly on and off after 5pm. Heard Bro said sun was shining while it was raining. The steadier rain came around suppertime. Not the soaking rain I heard that fell in Waterloo this afternoon (51mm per CHCH)! Made a point to keep dishes washed whenever I was near the kitchen sink and emptied the recycling box in kitchen. Noticed when things are left, they take on a dimension of procrastination that does not stick in mind as deal with this now situations. Yes, I'm avoiding other things regardless. I cannot believe how fast and sturdy grass in sidewalk cracks returns! It's like I did nothing two weeks ago when I trimmed the lot then. The garden needs weeding rescue ASAP. Three pepper plants have stayed just under 12 inches in height but one plant had about 15 plus little peppers all over it. Surprised any peppers showed up as surrounding plants are crowding out the sunshine. Somehow the tomato plant is like an octupus sending out another leg of new growth. Small round tomatoes are showing half-ripe. Not expecting too many large ones-goal is to pick anything that looks close to being ripe. I don't want to stake any more tomato runners-there are 5 stakes already.

My basket of peaches-fruit is sweet and juicy but a tad bruised. Quest will be to consume most or all of the peaches by Monday. Sipping cold drinks and eating chips like they are a meal. Sticky day. Good nap in afternoon.

Tomorrow's plan is cook some long-grain rice with some herbs and maybe California mixed veggies. Just to have something ready as an alternative to chips (too much salt but the craving is real). And pan-fry the remaining hamburgers in the morning to get the cooking over with. A walk would be ideal in the early cool of the day as well, to get my exercise in but no shopping or carrying of things.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I left a note on the fridge for father that is favorite cereal special k blueberries are 3,99$ at iga and I have a couple of 2$ coupons so 1,99$ .He will be happy because he eats cereals for breakfest and he is down to 3 boxes....Only noticed by checking the flyer now (wanted to see something) Glad I checked!!! reg price 5,49$ yikes

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The movers did an excellent job this morning moving certain items that Dh and I didn’t want to do ourselves. It only took them an hour total.

We have all of the beds and dressers set up in the new house. Moved the tv and stand and got it hooked up too. We moved kitty on the last trip of the day. Kitty seems to be settling in nicely. He’s currently asleep in my lap. We ordered Chinese food for supper.

I sold more tomatoes to a repeat customer. We had rain yesterday. If was about 24 today, sunny and dry. The rain returns again tomorrow, so ds helped me harvest any orange or red tomatoes. The gnats were really bad today.

I posted our twins’ bunkbeds for sale after we moved the mattresses. It looks promising. 5 people have been tagged on my post. One person messaged me asking if I’d accept $100 less than I’m asking…only 3hrs after I posted the ad. For now, the answer is no. If I still have the bunkbeds in a few days then I’ll consider it.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Happy Sunday!!! Another sunny hot day,same routine,enjoy your day!!!
    edit: Garbages and recycle are out in the bins,and went to iga since they open at 8am
    Got 5 boxes of cereals(the shelves was full) and red grapes at1,29$ lbs (no i never buy grapes unless they are in special,reg price are crazy...and i find iga is expensive and exagerate in theirs price)
    no sign of the juicy quaker coupon and gatorade coupons......

Also i checked for the provencal quiche pg and they dont seems to have it..or they are cleared out....i just saw the asparagus ham one
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Aug 22nd, 2021 at 09:17 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, I enjoyed having the kitchen to myself between 7-8am to cook those burgers and the rice/veggies! Dishes are done, the Dr. Pepper pop bottle is empty and I have the windows/curtains adjusted for the advancing heat of the day. Birds are busy finding breakfast in the yard. One knee is not keen (it's giving me the twinges when I go downstairs) on going for a walk this morning. Will see how late afternoon might suit for a stroll, weather-permitting.

Forever21 fans-guess what? The brand is a Marketplace seller on thebay.com. Check their shipping and terms-every vendor has different shipping fees, restrictions and return/exchange policies. I was looking at a different brand when I saw a right-sidebar image for Forever21 (men and women-if you go into Category after choosing Women, there is a Young Adult subcategory to choose next).

Rakuten is showing some bonus Cash Back rates for certain retailers -make sure to check the offers/coupons.

PayPal is introducing an annual $20 fee for accounts that aren't active for at least one transaction per year. I read that some accounts might have the $1.95 settlement payments (from PayPal) sitting in them (otherwise no balance). Since there's a requirement to have a $15 amount before cashing out online, the workaround is to ask PayPal to send a cheque for that $1.95. Thought I'd share in case someone here is not using their accounts but still has some $ left.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Paralympics are just about upon us. More good tv to have when the other options don't suit. I find international sporting events something like niche travelogue shows-glimpses of host cities, the athletes or teams, some of the statistics and what's going to be happening next.

The Opening Ceremony will stream online and air on tv at 6:00am EDST on August 24. See right sidebar. https://www.cbc.ca/sports?ref=cbcsports
    Giseledta, walkonby and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Went out to GT first thing to grab a few things. Not buying fresh strawberries etc till Tuesday so I can prep our food/snacks that night for our Niagara Falls trip. I am packing us all a nice lunch (for us and my sister and niece) for the drive down. I think I will suggest we stop in Niagara by the lake for lunch since there is a nice park there. And I haven't been there in over 15 years I think. Probably even longer.

Housework- Its not happening. I am washing up the sink full of dishes now and that is all I am doing.

Last night I went out for dinner with my friend (Pan fried Pickeral with ceaser salad and some fries!) and then we went to the town dock to check out the boats.

We are spending the afternoon at the beach with friends. Will pack up the small cooler with drinks and snacks.

Stay cool friends!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    You can always tell when my family has not been around each other for awhile, the BBQ ended at 1 am. I am so not a night person and feeling it today, I have no ambition and feel horrible.

I had great plans for today but I think none of it is going to happen. I had been hoping to Meal Prep and Ingredient Prep but I think my day will be spent on the couch, which I think we all need sometimes.

I made a Roasted Vegetable Orzo Salad for the BBQ it turned out good but I did tweak it a bit at the end, it just need a bit more flavour.

I feel like I need a stock pot of tea to making it through the day.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Someone's personal Mickey Mouse collectibles' collection is on display in Grimsby ON. CHCH did a recent segment, so this clip might help anyone missing their area Disney store:
    https://www.chch.com/everything-mick...rimsby-museum/

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I purchased brand new ink and it is so expensive...and my printer dont want to work with my computer...only dad one....computer say printer is not connected and my adobe reader have problems...grr

Internet printable coupons are now 1 per consumers per visit

I printed my vacination code and put in my purse

Plan to go to maxi for a fews deals after lunch.

I will have do defrost my little fridge freezer but at least he work lol

Have a good afternoon !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

On my second load of laundry -did hubby's bedsheets .

I may attempt to cut the back lawn ,i will do it and take mini breaks .

Wish i could sleep in when i dont have grandkids ,nope to be at 12 last night up at 620 a.m.I guess my body is use to it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

No Tax at RCSS. Decided to pop in quick to grab a 2nd Bento box. And clemetines. Lactose free cream cheese.

Now packing for the beach. I can't believe how hot it is out there.

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information