User Tag List

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree2180Likes

Thread: August 2021 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@SassyAshley : Thank you so much for the keeping ideas and for your input!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-i dont own a cell phone ,hubby has an old flip phone he uses ,so i only price match with flyers -but i group the stuff i am price matching together on the grocery belt .I havent price matched in ages as i am shopping at fortinos and sobeys and shoppers ( i dont wish to go far lately due to a medical condition i have .)

Soooo hot for me i just wet my tank top around the collar for inside the house 2 more days and we will have air -so happy i am counting down

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Not 100% sure as I read it on a french couponning site but apparently (I did not saw the tear pads coupons)new tear pad are out in english including a 1,00$ off amooza cheese stick,....i so want this one lol....will kept my eyes open probably next week in qc..please no cleared coupons this time.
    JadeAngel, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@coupongirl :at the beginning of my couponning I was not aware of reebee or and we had a lots of flyers but now each week the bundle seems to be less...they just put super c and iga since it is near us...and maxi is an online flyer now
    I put reebee on my i pod just in case
    In my years of using flyers i just highlined the pm for more easier to find it
    But now i watch the flyers and then I know what numeric page to open in the cellphone
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Aug 28th, 2021 at 05:15 PM.
    JadeAngel, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@coupon girl You are realizing that now some giftees just don't send thanks yous by phone or note cards. At best, if new grandparent sends you a thank you verbally or sends pic of new baby, that is as close as it get. If giftee has social media (FB, Instagram or is known to favour a photographer for marking special occasions), that is where you'll see the little one.
    One of three giftees this year sent a card. A second's parent sent photos of baby (or when baby was old enough to wear apparel gifts). Third has not acknowledged gifts by card but I expect that something will be said as thanks when next family event is held. I totally understand about wedding gifts not being acknowledged (have that one person in family who did not send anything and part of reason it was an internal struggle to acknowledge how much gift for new baby should even be considered).

Main purpose in sending gifts is to acknowledge new baby (and maybe earn a bit of family credit for knowing about event by having sent a gift on). You have to decide about continuing contact after this point--I have told Mom that I will not be keeping up with future birthdays and so on. Parents have the means...
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Too hot-air is not moving very much in the house.

Had a big argument at home with Bro. Internet again, how I don't contribute and provider is raising monthly fee by $3 and change soon. So I may not be online as much anymore from home. Being strategic...

Thank goodness I have some blood oranges and salad fixins in the fridge. I'm relying on them to keep me cool today. Groceries will have to wait for MOnday. Tentative plan is to get a vaccine shot next week.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Lasagna Zucchini Roll Ups in the Slow Cooker need some work, I over cooked them a bit so the Zucchini was a bit mushy. I also over salted the Zucchini, my bad. I am not ready to give up, it is only my first attempt making them in the slow cooker.

I really need to use my slow cooker more, I know I say this all the time but I always forget how nice it is when Dinner time rolls around and dinner is ready to go.

Time to meal plan for next week
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

bigfrugalmama and sassy ... thank you for your help. i tend to use flip... however.. i tend to get t he flyers... i suspect those woud be easier for me.

supper turned out faboulsly.

tomoorow ... i have a insane amount of housework.. easy peasy... time to crank the music and get it done.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Put a load of laundry on just now. Will have to make sure to hang up DS's clothing for work tomorrow morning. Most of it will be hung to dry. (Found my missing yoga capris!!! I bought 2 pairs last year and could not find the one (I absolutely love both pairs) When DS and I were leaving for our trip I found them in a basket in the entrance shelving.

I just wrapped a Christmas present for my mom. And found new runners I forgot I bought. So I have them on now to wear around the house to work them in.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sat, Aug 28th, 2021 at 09:47 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    bigfrugalmama and sassy ... thank you for your help. i tend to use flip... however.. i tend to get t he flyers... i suspect those woud be easier for me.

supper turned out faboulsly.

tomoorow ... i have a insane amount of housework.. easy peasy... time to crank the music and get it done.
    I'm a huge fan of the flyers as well. We have't received the No Frills or RCSS in a long while. I wonder if they aren't printing them now or just not in my area.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

SK has 369 new Covid cases today. The most in a day since last January. The hot spot is Saskatoon, which is where most of my family lives. SK new Covid numbers today would be like Ontario having 4,612 new Covid cases today. 4 days until my children return to school where there are inadequate plans in place to try to protect them.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I'm a huge fan of the flyers as well. We have't received the No Frills or RCSS in a long while. I wonder if they aren't printing them now or just not in my area.
    Our store hasn’t had physical copies of the NF flier in more than a year.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We were not getting No Frills flyers for awhile either but they are back in my area-I prefer to price match with paper.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Angela273:we have 603 case of covid in quebec today,the number seems to increase day by day....At another time they where only 200 cases so it is really the invaxxed people and delta variant the problem....

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

physical flyer: maxi stopped to print their flyer maybe 2 years ago......so we getting use to it..but they are copie of the flyer at the entrance and in the meat section(for people who dont go to internet i guess)But I like to watch the flyer in the web to be prepared of what i want and if i have coupons before, Maybe a environmental decision to stop wasting paper,i dont know...?

That being said.before I trusted the price of maxi..but now for example meat veggie and fruits could be less expenvise at iga,wm and super sometime metro.........so I am not rely of that anymore even if it is in the maxi flyer.
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Aug 29th, 2021 at 06:31 AM.

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information