User Tag List

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree2180Likes

Thread: August 2021 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Our rainstorm started at about 2:50pm and went for almost 40min (tapered on and off in last 15min, distant thunder rumbles from 10min in to about 25min into storm). Such a soaker! Grass and gardens ought to be Olympians in growth this coming week. I went to bed about 1h 20min ahead of the storm as I felt some pressure and my back was still miffed about the morning walk. Feel better now and had some water to make sure I'm not thirsty.

Noticed that a small flock of birds landed in the yard during the lighter rain that stuck around for about 10min. They seem keen to find those worms aka takeout!

Have sliced the cherry loaf and had a few slices for light lunch. Will see about pan frying burgers later but I hear Bro starting the BBQ-maybe he noticed my burgers in the freezer...
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

6 days until we get the keys to our new house.

I had our twins try on clothes recently. Today it is ds’ turn. He has grown so much. I continue to post things for sale. $85 in sale today and $5 in garden veggies. I have never been able to keep up to the demand.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ooh, @Angela273 Have you and DH considered getting new keytags/fobs to mark the move after getting the house keys?
    You are on a roll with your sales. Hope cats at home are getting to say goodbye to your current home.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey, it looks like The Star is co-publishing the Cineplex magazine. August issue is posted online (did not see a print copy in this week's community paper bundle). https://www.hamiltonnews.com/whatson...the-new-issue/
    Giseledta likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Making progress, basement is done to the point they can now come in and do whatever work is needed for repair the leak but we still do not have a new date for them to come look at the damage and tell us how much of the basement will need to be torn up.

*The dehumidifier is running, I already emptied it once, it wasn't full about half full but figured I would empty it before we came upstairs.
    *Cabinet Mom kept and wants to refinish has been moved to the other side of the room
    *Floors have been mopped
    *Stockpile room is full accessible again - When I dug out the chest freezer I opened it and told it how much I had missed it

Then on to the main floor
    *Hallway has been mopped
    *Shelving units are back in place

I still need to move kitchen stuff that is in the dining room plus the dining room just needs to be tidied up. Think I will tackle that tomorrow. My foot has been aching the last two days and Mom has hurt her knee during this processing and is sitting on the couch icing it. We are done for today.

We still have a lot o sorting to do the in the basement, we still need to:
    *Sort all our plastic containers - Literally think it is an obsession with how many we have, fingers crossed for no joy
    *Clean off the Cake Decorating Shelves - Mom no longer does cakes so we will be getting rid of most of this
    *Cake stuff needed to sort - Anything that was no ruined in the flood was put into bags for Mom's friend, Mom called her friend to let her know and her friend now only wants selected items so Mom needs to resort the bags
    *There are also a couple more bags of garbage to be taken out but I will leave these until next week the disposal area is quite full again so I will wait until it is emptied next week

This can be done as time allows and at a slower pace so that is nice. I really need to get back into my routine and add these things in. Plan moving forward is day-to-day cleaning during the week and I will tackle one project per week.

Finally feel like things are getting back to normal, going to write a meal plan for this week and just try to get back into my routine although this week will be another busy one with work. It is nice that I can go now go into the branches again but it is also resulting in some longer days as I factor in my commute and doing my own work once I am home. But I am still working on keeping the balance, I only do what has to be done and cannot wait and try to only work past 5 no more than 2 nights a week and I have been taking weekends off, I know may not seem like a lot but it is for me.

So far no rain here which is good for me, worried with everything gone what will happen if water comes in. We have laid out some towels which should stop the water but still I am good with no rain. Rain feels like such a risk right now LOL.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am exhausted! I did lots of running around today. Absolutely nothing done around the house. Maybe tomorrow!

Stocked us up on DS's fav pasta sauce (classico Garlic Alfredo) $1.88 at Food Basics. Had to PM so now we have 11 jars with expiry dates of May 22 and Sept 22. Picked up pop and juice for DS's birthday dinner/sleepover in Sept. Will start picking up chips and snacks and then I just have to worry about the dinner. (usually they always want tacos but I"m happy to buy pizza take out! I will make cupcakes too. Trying to think/plan ahead!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Twin girl helped me in the garden. We harvested another gallon of yellow string beans. Some beans shrivelled on the plants due to the continued heat. We picked 18 cherry tomatoes from 4 plants. More tomatoes are ripening. Then we watered everything. Few mosquitoes due to the current drought, too many grasshoppers and the wasps are becoming more active.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Ooh, @Angela273 Have you and DH considered getting new keytags/fobs to mark the move after getting the house keys?
    You are on a roll with your sales. Hope cats at home are getting to say goodbye to your current home.
    Dh and I will be celebrating our 10yr wedding anniversary in early September, when we’re in the bigger house. Elvis (our only cat after King died in June 2020) doesn’t yet know anything big is going to happen. He’s 14 years old and has lived at this house since we adopted him in 2008. He’ll realize something is up when we start moving furniture.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up early but did not get out of bed, I had my AC on last night and it was a bit cold in my room this morning and it was kind of nice to curl up in my blanket. Took some time to do some planning in my head, thinking of the things I need to get done and some ideas of things I can whip up. I am thinking I might start making smoothies on days I have to be out of the house early and don't have time for breakfast before I leave.

Today is going to be all about the kitchen, there are some dishes to wash, ingredient prep to be done and if I have time some meal prep. Just try to focus on getting back into my routine and getting life back on track now that the basement isn't done but the flood has been cleaned up.

Have a wonderful sunday everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

This week will be a tad busy, my youngest will be moving. So ... we have alot of stuff to get ready for her.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Popped over to sobeys ,spent $51 bought got a few really good deals ,$10 at dollarama .Hate that i have to pay .10 eco fee on a pkg of aa batteries 4 pkg rayovac.uggggg

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We are under heat and air quality advisories again today.

Ds finally finished trying on the big clothes that he’s growing into. Bins are back out to the shed. Posted a few more items for sale. Laundry is in the wash. Ds asked for pancakes, so Dh helped him make them. I roasted a chicken for supper yesterday. We’re having chicken and veggie wraps for supper tonight.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Spent the day stocking up the freezer a bit for Fall/Winter.
    Independent has pork roasts on for $1.99 Lb so bought 2 small ones. I may go back later this week for a few more once I move the rest of my freezer stuff back from my moms. I Scop'd a bag of shrimp!! I had it on my list but there wasn't a sale sign in front of the item so I went and grabbed the flyer and it was in there so went to check out and it didn't ring in on sale. They Scop'd it with no issue which was really nice. I think I will grab another bag this week so then we have 2 and 1/2 bags on hand.

I also bought a nice stainless steal Bento Box for my youngest. It will slide perfectly in his back pack. I may buy another since I think it will be handy to have even for me to bring lunch to work or hockey tournaments etc. They were on sale for $ale for $9.99.

I prepped food for my lunch tomorrow and made a lunch for my oldest to take to his day job.

Christmas- What do you buy a lady that doesn't have a need or want in the world? Well we usually buy a gift card for groceries or Cineplex (not buying Cineplex anymore I don't think) But I always buy her a few useful gifts so she has stuff to unwrap. Bought her 4 jars of jam! GT Flyer for $1.99 each Smuckers I think it is. Thinking she will really like that and it is useful! Maybe I will buy a fresh loaf of fancy bread to put on top of the wrapped jam and make her wonder what the heck lol

Good grocery prices this week.

.97 Romaine (RCSS)
    3.49 2Lb blueberries (RCSS)
    2.87 basket peaches (RCSS)
    .67 Cucumbers (walmart)

Dozen Large eggs I see is $3.25 now at Loblaws stores and somewhere I saw $3.29. FYI if no sale at SDM I noticed Walmart has XL eggs on for $3 a dozen when you buy 2.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sun, Aug 8th, 2021 at 08:58 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Missed the first half of the Closing Ceremonies but just after 9:30am CBC showed about 30sec of the Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra with a closeup of Shingo Katori! He used to be part of SMAP! Total fan moment for me. I watched the replay online and yes, it's him. Did not know he joined another musical group.
    The event felt like a local festival in the park and it was just right to help wind everyone down. Loved how Paris did their 2024 introduction (BMX bikes on roof tops of famous buildings, airforce flypast with coloured jetstreams, French president and more-yes to kettle drums in skateboard parks!). The odori song that moved some athletes to replicate the arm movements-sounds very enka-like, often a staple of the Japanese New Year's Eve show. That was fun to see audience participation. I must credit the stadium designers or organizers who thought up the idea to have stadium seats in different medium tone colours. Even when those seats are empty, some seats looked occupied (during Closing Ceremonies, one long side of stadium was empty except for upper VIP deck) and also created an impression of QR or digital codes by section! The BMX bikes and breakdancing-so 1980s! Lots of memories of those activities being popular in high school and with youth generally.

Cold peaches and watermelon slices have been today's lifesavers in early morning hours or in deep afternoon. Air is not moving too much and the humidity is too close..

Second baby in extended family for 2021 is a baby boy (born this weekend).

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I need more weekend. I have not have a free moment. Friday night went to a friends for cocktails and desserts and Saturday left home at 10 am and returned at midnight and today had my BFF over for dinner as she was home alone. It’s nice to see people again but I need a nap.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information