User Tag List

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2180Likes

Thread: August 2021 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Holiday long weekend in most parts of Canada. Grocery store hours may be reduced on Monday-check online or call ahead to confirm hours if you might need a food shop done on Monday!

I was shocked to noticed I had kept a June coupon for TAZO tea for all of July. Made sure to look for July coupons to recycle!

We are almost two-thirds done with 2021! Where does the time go?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel21 Thank you for starting the new thread.

It’s been a crazy summer so far. I will be moving for the first time since I became a teacher 10yrs ago. It’ll also be the first time moving since we had our kids. We take possession of our new house in less than 2wks, doing minor repairs and cleaning, then moving in. The house is 2km from our current home, but much larger. Dh and I will be packing and moving everything ourselves. It’s going to take some serious work. I’m working on purging. Going through kids clothes and trying to sell the small stuff. Our kids start school on September and we want to be settled into the new house before then. I’m still unemployed and looking for a new teaching contract.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    I was shocked to noticed I had kept a June coupon for TAZO tea for all of July. Made sure to look for July coupons to recycle!
    Good reminder. I got some freebies from SampleSource that expire in Aug. Need to remember to use them.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    The pain is real today, turns out we had WAY more damage than we originally thought, we spent pretty much all day in the basement yesterday. I know have somewhere around 50 bags of garbage to go out.

We have somewhere to dispose of the damage but it is full so not sure what we are going to do. Bro is supposed to be coming to help us today but there is no where to put the garbage. I am wondering if Mom may have texted Bro not to come as he said he could help in the morning but she is not up yet and she did not want him to just come so she was supposed to text him in the morning when he could come.

I gotta be honest, I am almost ready to cry, we are officially half way through (Yippee) but right now my basement is literally full of garbage with no where to take it. There are a bunch of super heavy bags just because what it is, is heavy and had to be thrown out. Then when we finally came up last night just see all the other stuff we need to get done, mentally and physically I was done.

Of course I am fully booked again this week, Mom is like when this done I am doing nothing for a few days which I get I understand but I do not have that option as I am fully booked for work.

I am slowly taking out garbage this morning and seeing what I can get in the garbage but I am running out of room.

I am just so overwhelmed, tired and the pain is real, my foot is not happy about yesterday I was literally on it all day and now even my back is like "hey remember me" so it started to tweak last night.

Honestly, as much as I hate to spend $$$$ if I knew how bad this was going to be, I would have paid someone to do this. This is just way too much.

Alright time to push through and try to get this done.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you @Ciel for starting the new thread.

Our garden did not do well this time of the year so a little disappointed since I like to harvest the veggies that my DH plants. Picked a few of our cherry tomatoes yesterday.

Got some cheap cheese this morning after PM , Coupons and PCO points posted in the Brag thread.
    Last edited by flemeth; Sun, Aug 1st, 2021 at 11:28 AM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have found this year has been really weird for Gardens. Talking to other people who Garden, not me I do not have a Green Thumb but some say their Gardens are Thriving and Amazing others are saying this year is disappointing and they are not producing.

Update: Bro is coming and bringing a friend to help. Last night Mom wanted to text Half Bro and see if he could help but I was hesitant as in the past when Bro has been helping us and I asked if he wanted me to ask Half Bro to come his answer always was if I need help I will get a friend to come. Sure enough she texted bro last night and his answer was Half Bro will be busy. So it looks like he is bringing a friend with him.

Now to figure out where to put the garbage. So far I have hauled out 8 bags this morning.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Dropped DS off at work and decided to stop at Walmart to pick up a few boxes of the burgers on sale. $1 a pattie is a deal considering how much a take out burger is. And I don't have to make it or use my precious ground beef. lol Something my youngest can make and be satisfied. We really don't eat out so this is our take out.

So much to do at home but I am just not feeling it today. But I don't want to go anywhere either. We need cheese so will head to RCSS soon to get us stocked up. This cool weather is making think about making a homemade mac and cheese on Tuesday while I am working

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

rain forecast for th e day.

plan is a roasted chicken I think

i dont havemuch work todo.

might try and spend some time working on creating things. .. good for the soul stuff
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The cooler temperatures this weekend have been blissful! I had been jealous of @KelJo 's posts about cold days in her part of Canada, which seemed like an ideal escape destination from the humid Southern Ontario summer in my mind!

The steady rain was a morning event. Afternoon-clear but somewhat overcast. Think it's time to do my Shoppers errand (last day to use the 20x pts offer) and check on Fortinos and Dollarama and return my empties to the beer store. I'll prep carrots later today and try for a tomorrow morning start on the soup. Did made a celery apple smoothie using the blender with a touch of cinnamon. Very pulpy drink-seemed like I was having instant apple oatmeal made with tap water as the pulp was a tad chewy too! Had some left over to store in fridge.

OK, I called the Mapleview store and no luck on the deal of a food processor/blender (not in stock). Sidewalk sale ends today and item is not available online. Well, I was a happy person last night in figuring out that this small appliance might be the right one. Will see if I can spot a similar one at other stores like As Seen On TV or Bed Bath and Beyond. Lowes does not have what I want but curiously does carry some online-only Brentwood appliances (so does The Bay). I do admit a purple blender is hitting design points with me but having been scared off with last year's online delivery fee of $100+ quoted for an ironing board pad, I won't be tempted to use Lowe's online anytime soon (except for stock checks via website).

Watched some gymnastics coverage on tv this morning. Twitter post by CBC Olympics mentioned the men's high-jump double gold medal outcome. Lovely clip of the exchange between the official and Qatari athlete that led to a tie with Italy for the event!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

This morning popped over to bed ,bath and beyond and used my 20 off coupon .I got a beach towel for 8.15 after the 20% off as i only have one and when we went to my nieces the other day i really dont wish to use a bath towel.

Gee it would be nice if all the stores opened at 10.00 at the strip around the corner from me but the rest open at 11.00 and noon.ugggg

My daughter and i are going to a really fancy restaurant with the mother's day e-certificate she gave me .I cant wait to get dressed up and eat inside havent been in over a year .

Painting my nails right now .frugal me.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, @coupongirl I agree on the store hours. Some independent shops are doing 10am openings (i.e 10am-2pm or 4pm for gift stores). Some mall stores might have different hours than the mall-you can check the stores of interest on the store directory to verify hours. Walmart Superstore is the exception in terms of opening hours-7am!

Second round of stormy weather is on now. First round was after 4pm. I had a cloud rain a bit on my walk home but Bro did not recall having the same weather a few blocks away.

Did the empties return (70 cents), got my garbage bags and two Pepsis (few sips from one and half-drunk second and then poured the rest down the drain) at Dollarama, then did my shop at Shoppers-got two prepaid cards. Shocked that the variable load Visa card (only one I could find other than the $200-500 one as no preset amount cards were in stock) has a $7.95 purchase price. I thought it was $4.95 per card. Second card is for Apple (could not find the iTunes/store card as now there )is a white envelope on the card saying Apple anything) that I set at $25 for friend (to access iCloud). Could not find the Band-Aids on sale-most varieties are in the $7 range and no sign pointing which varieties were 2 for $10. No name sponges-not found, no Stayfree product--my list was not getting ticked.

Bro had fixings for 4 taco shells waiting for me, so that was supper!

I did pick up the Pepsi bottle I thought I saw last night-no prize win for that code or the two other caps I had paid for.
    Giseledta and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Opened the prepaid Visa card and found a paper insert. Aha! If I had found the preset $150 card, I'd have saved $1.45 on the purchase price!
    $25 card >$4.95
    $50, $75, $100>$5.95
    $150 card>$6.50
    $200 card>$6.95
    $250 card>$7.50
    $25-$200 card>$7.95
    $200-$500 card or $500card>9.95
    Giseledta and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My body hates me so much right now, I am so tired and so sore but we are almost done.

Bro and his friend came got all 50+ bags out in under half an hour, most are in the supplied garbage disposal but it looks like someone but a dresser in their which is taking up most of the room. The extra bags that did not fit are out by the garbage disposal which is to be emptied tomorrow or Tuesday once it is empty we will have to go put the rest of the bags in.

We only spent about 2 to 3 hours in the basement today, both of us are sore/in pain and so tired. We have a plan so pretty sure we can knock it out tomorrow hopefully it won't take long, fingers crossed.

Decided to threat us to Burgers from the local burger place as they now deliver, best choice ever, so good and we did not have to cook it. I cannot wait for the basement to be done and we can get back to normal lives and normal routine.

I have booked them to come in Tuesday and take out the large pieces of furniture and Wednesday they are coming to access the damage and tell us how much of our basement is going to be ripped up. Bro mentioned one of his friends could come and do the repair work so we shall see. I am just waiting to see how much is going to ripped up first.

Finally feels like the finish line is insight but I think I need a weekend to recover from my weekend LOL.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Sassy!!! that is amazing!!! you are a rock star!!!
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Generac portable generator recall, unless owners make sure to use the locking pin first before using the handle to move unit:
    https://www.thespec.com/local-burlin...mended_for_you

-------------
    Warmed up the Visa card and managed to use up my e-gc balance from Nordstrom at the same time to get apparel for a gift ordered. If I were to shop at the Bay (there's a clothing item I should check in person for fit), there's a possibility of cash back too! Noticed (on the balance checking website) that if I were order from an European Union merchant, the card limits me to $75 CAD max (I assume that means forex fee & shipping are all in too) or card will be declined. Cannot buy much fabric overseas with that limit (have you seen the price per meter for the really lovely stuff?).

Time for some book reading, then sleep. Sweet dreams to all!
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and GoodBoy like this.

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information