User Tag List

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree2180Likes

Thread: August 2021 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh, what a sight spotted at the farthest west corner parking lot at the Mall-a Jollibee trailer enclosed in a chain-link fence with black fabric. Does this mean that Jollibee is opening a Hamilton location soon? Their pies are so good! The bus stop just before the mall is about 1-2min from the trailer but it does not look open yet.

I did not trek out to Fortinos to scope out clothing. Just not enough oomph to hike out there.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Haircut was attained this morning-such a wonderful feeling!
    Bought Selection brand original dish soap for $1.88 and tax-smells similar to Rexall's store brand of soap.
    Loaded bus fares on Presto card.

Washed hair when I got home, took some laundry off the line and got another load washed and hung outside. After a light lunch, I had to nap (got up early and was crashing after 8am on the sofa for a bit) so I could do the mall visit.

Regarding Walmart peaches-I paid $4.97 on the weekend for the 3L box and about half of the peaches were ripe sweet (not too much) but the other half were paler, crunchy crisp with a little sweetness. There was a 2L box for sale as well. I finished the last two peaches this morning. Since next week in our area will feel like 39-40C with the humidity, I told Mom we need to stock up on watermelon and other cool things so I can hunker at home except for grocery runs. Not even a library visit will be worthwhile next week for me (too hot).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

NF
    $2.68 oop
    Redeemed $20 in points
    6x $2 cavendish breakfast hashbrowns - $2 coupons
    Earned 200pts on grapes, which happened to be on store sale for $1/lb.

Sobeys
    $31.23oop
    $6.17 10% off Tuesday
    $24.97 in coupons
    $0.25 Eclipsa
    $1 CO51
    FeedTheDream.ca/Contest - 1 entry
    Submitted receipt to Swagbucks.
    Submitted Kellogg’s cornflakes receipt for $5 pre-paid Visa from buying 2 specially marked boxes.
    Submitted receipt for Kellogg’s contest to try to win an FPC, but I think I lost the link for the future use. Oops.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Aug 4th, 2021 at 09:56 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

**HUGS** Angela, Prayers for your Aunt and your Family
    Skippy, Angela273 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Exhaustion is setting in. I am so tired.

Let's start with the good new, they did come last night and hauled out the big furniture, they did not come until almost 8 last night which was fine but I had hoped to be in bed because I was so tired. Originally they were going to take this cabinet Mom has and wants to refinish but Mom changed her mind, we kept it. The guys were super nice and helped move it around so Mom would look at the damage and helped her look at it. So that is done and honestly I was expecting it to cost more than it did so I am happy.

Got an email yesterday they are not coming to look at the damage today, the contractor had to cancel, no new date has been set yet.

Tonight after work I need to go get the dehumidifier. Then to get the house back in order, it was so late after they left last night from removing the furniture we did not have it in us to move everything last night. Honestly, it may not happen tonight so I am aiming for tomorrow night.

A little sad it is going to be hot this weekend, I was hoping to have a knock it out catch up on all the things weekend but it looks like it is going to be too warm but we will see maybe the weather people are wrong.

Alright time to pack up, I am in the office again today covering a co worker who is off.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Nice sunny start to the day. I made a pot of coffee and I am really enjoying it. Once I've had my fill I put the leftovers in the fridge in mason jars for oldest DS to make ice coffee. Saves him $ from wasting it at Tim Hortons.

Last night I needed to get out of the house but didn't feel like walking around the neighbourhood. So decided to walk around Walmart and RCSS. I scored some deals. A Christmas gift for my niece's baby (vtech toy reg $24.99 on for $9) A summer outfit for next June for her birthday bag.(Reg $12 for $5 Minnie Mouse romper with headband- so soft and cute) Chapsticks for .44 each for stockings/Christmas boxes, Original for the boys Cherry for the girls And 2 Bubble Mitts on for $1 each reg $3.99 for my other nieces birthday bag next summer. So happy to have all that started!

Today- Tackle some laundry. Post the stuff in the diningroom for sale (4 bins full) and then move it all out to the garage and give the diningroom a good cleaning. And make a homemade mac and cheese. That is my plan today.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

We took sebastian to a splash pad and playground this morning ,we just got home and my son dropped by and asked if we wanted to go to a splash pad in burlington -nope not really so my son/and his wife went to take sebastain and the girls in our car ,so we get a break for a few hours-yeah

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Salvaged my second hothouse cuke from the fridge-seems the Walmart produce can turn bad after 3-4 days so after lopping off the bad end, I sliced up the rest for a cool snack with some Himalayan sea salt. Gave the collection bins a well-deserved soapy wash and rinse to make them smell better. Noticed the resident frog has gone a darker green and s/he seems to like resting on the splashblock stored in the bin as a hidey place. I keep finding full size moths in the garbage bin--they must know how Froggy enters the bin!

I need reassurance about my Nordstrom orders made on the prepaid Visa-they have not shipped or moved since I paid for them. Last night, my Visa card statement showed "pending" for the 2 orders and even the in-store Disney shop from yesterday. Terms for the card indicate it can take merchant settlement systems up to 10 days to process transactions. Peoples Trust owns the Visa and MC prepaid card business licences--so are my orders on standby until Nordstrom/Peoples Trust settle up whatever payment? My thought is that the items ordered won't arrive on the stated dates next week; they'll take longer (and the anniversary sale prices on the gift items ends on Aug. 8 so help me with some info if you've had similar experiences with prepaid cards used for online orders).

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Forgot to mention that a cannabis store is going to set up on the lower level of Lime Ridge Mall. Will be curious to see if mall rules ban smoking of it on the property. Mapleview Centre's Rules of Enjoyment ban smoking entirely on their property, along with biking, skateboarding and more (though I think a tweak might be needed as Decathlon sells sports gear in the mall...)

Noticed lots of help wanted-now hiring signs on shop windows and in The Bay.
    Giseledta likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

@SassyAshley prayer offered also for you with work and the basement and your dealings with the insurance company.
    You will indeed get there!
    Last edited by Skippy; Wed, Aug 4th, 2021 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Duplicate post so just changed to another one!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

@Angela273 prayers for your Aunt's recovery and family,your new house purchase to all come together and a teaching position for you!
    Blessings to you&yours!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Although it may have been previously posted I discovered that a crock pot heats up the kitchen but far better than using oven.
    I also discovered that for some reason, one should hold a lemon meringue pie with two hands rather than one as the weight shifts and it ends up being an upside down pie on the floor(in the cat food dish).
    Enjoy the rest of the week my friends!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am in constinate shock that this is august.. like how.. how did tht happen. sigh

tonight using a gc for supper. adding that amount to my personal challange of saving slash earning a extra 150 this month. the gc was a gift, and no money out of house budget. it is also from one of my youngests fav places and makes the best pasta for her. she loves it. i may love the baked brie... so yea.. fancy food. tonight has a burger special ( not on thier reg menu )

my lower back pain has been constant for several months. sciatica is bad. i ordered some special othopedic slippers from amazon. totally worth it my knee feels so much better and so does my back . i may order a spare pair , my youngest dog tend to take my slippers.... love her. she is a twit.. but my twit.

i spent about 20 min this am , thinned down my fb friend list. felt kinda good.

any hoo thats my day . have fun all
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Looks like the gift order is getting shipped tonight or in the morning as I got a notice that a label was created. Progress...

Freebie offer in the mail-Voila wants me to use a code on next three orders (for free delivery with min. $75 spend per order) to get me to shop again. The coming heat might just melt my resistance and budget if I go for it. Deal expires near end of Sept-plenty of time.

No sign of the weekly paper and flyer offers. So pleased to see flyers posted on the board by our regular flyer contributors!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I had a relaxing afternoon -rested ,washed one floor (main bathroom and baseboards by hand ) and then tried to clean a bit of my daughter-in-law's car as they used ours to take the kids to a small water splash park.

Daughter and sebastian went to the show tonight (as she had no meetings)So we have the house to ourselves ,treated hubby to five guys and a pita pit for me (sometimes we need to splurge on ourselves ) Arthritis is killing my one knee today .I ran into a old co -worker at five guys we talked ,so nice seeing her.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information