User Tag List

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree2180Likes

Thread: August 2021 Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Oh lilo how I feel you, as I was going to bed last night I had same thought I need another day, where did this weekend go?

This week and probably next week are going to be very busy for me. I am really struggling with keeping up with my schedule right now, I am being pulled in a lot of different directions. I just really feel like I need a slow week, a week where I can just focus and get all the other things done that I cannot focus on right now.

Last night I was looking trying to see where I could book a couple days off, we will see.

Yesterday did not go as well as I had hoped. I only got about half of my to-do-list done, hand dishes are done - they were piled up, I can admit it we had fallen behind, I got the fruit done - Bananas, Strawberries, Blueberries & Cantaloupe and that is where it ended. For some reason standing at the counter working away in the kitchen was really hurting my back, I think I am still recovering from the basement and my body just needs to rest so I was done. I do still have some veggie prep to do, hopefully I can get this done after work tonight.

Need to find something for dinner, thinking slow cooker is the way to go but we will see what I find.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone

Hot and humid here. This will be an indoors day for me

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Hot and humid day here today too. The dog is home alone in the A/C. My week to work in the office which is nice to get stuff done before my 2 weeks of vacation.

My house is a disaster zone. I think an action plan and a list is needed to get it all back in order.

Selling our crap. I think I will continue posting stuff for sale for porch pick up. Will wait a few weeks before posting stuff since it is quiet right now. Will putter in the garage and sort and post and then pack up summer stuff and start cleaning up the garage so parking in it is possible again. Then I think a garage sale in the early Spring is better then now. I notice there aren't that many in my area so thinking I am best to wait. I can make more $ selling online anyway and then what isn't gone in Spring can be sold for cheap.

Have a great day everyone!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Muggy here but the sun is managing to dry the outdoor laundry. Started my day by checking the Weather Network app on the tv and I spotted the video of the Greek ferry passengers looking back at their island fully in flames. Pity the creatures still left on the island or not in the water. Island was a wall of smoke and angry orange-red fire.

Did my weekly upper and lower reaches dry Swiffer routine in the main rooms. Ate more peaches and watermelon wedges after I had a honey garlic noodles Sidekicks meal for breakfast. Some light yard work and that was my limited time outside. One day I may put the small cast iron pan on the hot sidewalk with a burger patty from the freezer to see if the sun might actually cook it (but I would not eat the patty). This week might be hot enough. Glad I have some ice cubes ready in the freezer for whatever they are needed.

Will need to do a light shop tonight for a newspaper and sponges and some edibles that aren't heavy. Burger buns (I ate the last bag of them without anything, they were salty/spicy good) too.

As I had stayed up past midnight, I checked EBGames.ca 's website for the Mando Mondays deal(s). Seems current promotion is 25% off backpacks and lunch bags-there's one Mandalorian-themed backpack included but the rest of the Mando merchandise is still at regular prices. My Visa refund has not yet come through-today I had to do 5 Captcha match and click tests to get to my card transaction page (it was just one image match and click before).

Yahoo e-mail is testing my patience. Since Friday, I've had to do Captcha almost every single time except once last night before I could enter my password for either of my two Yahoo accounts. Any ideas what triggered this overdoing by the email provider?
    Last edited by Ciel21; Mon, Aug 9th, 2021 at 11:42 AM.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

long day. very long day.

youngest is about 40% packed. i donated a few things on her behave. dropped off some homemade reusable water ballons to a friend who is stuggling.
    Cried most of the day. yep.. that happened. i know she is going to do amazing. she really is . but dang, this is hard.

i have a plan for most of the week. and weekend.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama I think you will be surprised at how well a garage sale will do now, people are missing them. Last week a neighbour had one and said it was the busiest ever. They made masks mandatory and had sanitizer at the end of the drive and it could save you storing it until spring.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    dropped off some homemade reusable water ballons
    How the heck do they work? AFAIK, you fill a balloon with water and throw it. It explodes and breaks apart.
    How do they make them re-usable?
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    How the heck do they work? AFAIK, you fill a balloon with water and throw it. It explodes and breaks apart.
    You can make crocheted reusable water balloons. They work like a sponge.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Finally put my portable fan to use tonight. It's just too muggy even downstairs. Mom had done some frying after 6pm and I was so upset at the worsening heat in the house. Then I took a walk and that helped (so did some Pepsi). Stopped in at Longos for a little browsing and a newspaper, reduced price mini-danishes and a sliced loaf of bread (the store's burger buns were sold out). Then to Dollarama for 2 Pepsi stuff bottles (contest was extended to Aug 21 so if you still have cap codes, go enter them). Earlier in afternoon, I went to bed for a couple of hours as my body said rest (my back was not in a good mood).

Canada Post left Mom a pickup tag and of course she thinks I ordered something (no). I cannot access the tracking number info until I guess the package is available tomorrow afternoon. My intuition says that the CP number looks sort of familiar...hoping it's good news, not bad news. I just want to ensure I know who sent it so I can print off the tracking page before Mom goes to the post office.

I shredded some papers for Mom and combined with what Bro shredded, there was a full bag to put out for tomorrow's collection.

Rainy day expected tomorrow. Should be an interesting day. Hydro certainly will be used for the two fans if the humidity does not get Mr. Wind's support to cool the air down. Bro is not ashamed of how long he runs his fan every single day and night. He won't allow discussion on the topic.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @Frugalbigmama I think you will be surprised at how well a garage sale will do now, people are missing them. Last week a neighbour had one and said it was the busiest ever. They made masks mandatory and had sanitizer at the end of the drive and it could save you storing it until spring.
    I just see they are few and far between in my town. Thinking I don`t want to bother late in the season now

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My DS traded vehicles with me since he had to go to the city today. He needs an oil change and his appointment isn`t till Friday. So I have to drive his loud flashy car lol. I won`t be going far for sure.

Breakfast was almond butter on slices of green apple and a boiled egg. I was smart an boiled a bunch of eggs on Sunday.
    I need to cut up the rest of the watermelon tonight. It takes up so much room in the fridge when we only cut part of it.

Looks like the rain storm will be hitting us any minute. Darn I wanted to go for a little walk down town. I need a break from the computer.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We had some big drops of rain fall like they had no care in the world but no real rain yet today. I did see little frog at the bin when I was putting the cleaned up (something leaked so out came a Clorox wipe!) garbage can away.

Fan is on and staying on for awhile. Outdoors is fresher than indoors, where the air feels like it's Cling-Wrap trying to play tag.

Cold cherries are such a good treat. They'll be gone before 4pm today and the cold peaches will then be enjoyed.

Spent some hours checking the very interesting and varied wares at The Millionaire's Daughter website. Printed off several pages of finds that I'd love to see in person. Will budget for lottery tickets but I have Mom looking at a rug and some table lamps I thought would work for the living room. I intend to see if other shops on Ottawa Street have any finds to check out when the temperatures drop at least 10 degrees. I should have done this virtual $hopping $ooner! Ideas to explore at thrift stores too, in case I find some treasures online too.

Have a fabulous lunchtime!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I took my chances and went for a walk and it still has not rained as of this moment. I think it`s time for a yummy peach

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well daughter and sebastain are off to montreal to visit her cousin and his wife ,she took 4 much needed days off .Plus she was gonna take sebastian on a 1,000 island boat tour this afternoon ,as he has never been on a boat tour.

Of course when i was washing son's clothing and his families when he had no washer i mixed a few articles of ours with his (to save money and doing more loads)and daughter doesnt have the jumpsuit she just bought at winners a few weeks back - so my daughter-in-law must have it -uggg she wasn t too happy my daughter.

We let ashlyn the oldest sleep over last night .After that no grandkids for 2 days til friday ,nice little break for me .

My son picked up ashlyn at 3.30 and i just lay down on my bed from 4-5 a much needed nap.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Aug 10th, 2021 at 05:05 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    crocheted , they work fabulous
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information