User Tag List

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2180Likes

Thread: August 2021 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

All 3 of Our children won some of the bigger prizes from the public library. Collectively they won 2x large Dominos pizza of our choice, 3x $5gc to a coffee shop in town, $10gc to a game place in town, plus a couple of smaller toys, 3 draw string bags, and some hard candies.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow Angela-I have to conclude either you are very lucky-or very few people in your town enter contests as you are always winning. Way to go.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Wow Angela-I have to conclude either you are very lucky-or very few people in your town enter contests as you are always winning. Way to go.
    I have entered a lot of local contests and didn’t win a large majority of them. There were 40 prizes from this summer reading program that our children participated in. The more you read, the more times you’d make was entered in the final draw. She said 130 children participated this year and there were 40 prizes that she drew for.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Moved my mother today. Well sat there why the movers packed up her house and moved her stuff to the new house... that she can't set up yet as it is in middle of a full renovation. They hope to have the main floor finished this week so then we can set her up. She will stay at my sisteir's until it is ready.
    She sent me home with bacon x 2 and tried other things but I told her to keep it. My BIL sent me home with a costco pack of hot dog buns, cemintines and a large and half of pizza hut pizza (he ordered for us for lunch) So no cooking for me tomorrow. Will clean out the fridge and get us ready for our trip away.
    I have a bag of stuff to go through from my mom to decide what to keep and what to sell.
    They invited me for a steak dinner but I just wanted to come home and relax. Glad today is done!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Aug 23rd, 2021 at 06:29 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Printed some coupons tonight !!! But I have problem with the tablet and my i pod..to much hazzle to install the thing for working..may try another day

Have a good night!!!
    JadeAngel, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

A very good earlier morning to everyone!!! I will have to nap this afternoon,hope to get back to some routine soon in my sleep,.I so need it...
    Watched the flyers on reebee a few good deals on things we need.And I saw the wm flyer for upcoming week in fb french couponning group the flyer the person receive it earlier so lucky .There will be a deal on laughing cow cheese and i am so in love with this cheese!!!

So I hope my trade will work..i so need it

Have a awesome day!!!
    The plan today is to go to iga and maxi and cie with my coupons for 2 deals i want and need and after a little bit of cleaning and relax
    JadeAngel, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I got a 30.00 cheque from my car and house insurance -nice due to covid this year and this company i have only had a year.I changed last year due to rising house insurance yearly bill,so have bundled both car and house insurance with this new company.

I will go out soon and pop into fortinos and get a few more greek yogurt ,we seem to go thru that quite a bit .

I didnt get to visit my dear brother yesterday as he didnt go to his son's house so maybe today.

Nice wins angela.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went out quick this morning to get the croissants and strawberries to pack up our lunch on the road tomorrow.
    Leaving for the beach in 30 mins for a few hours then home to power clean and pack for our 3 days away!

The fridge needs a good clean out. Taking everything out and wiping it all out and then setting it up again. I'm sure I will toss lots of condiments that haven't been used in a long while.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I got a 30.00 cheque from my car and house insurance -nice due to covid this year and this company i have only had a year.I changed last year due to rising house insurance yearly bill,so have bundled both car and house insurance with this new company.

I will go out soon and pop into fortinos and get a few more greek yogurt ,we seem to go thru that quite a bit .

I didnt get to visit my dear brother yesterday as he didnt go to his son's house so maybe today.

Nice wins angela.
    I received a cheque too! They sent one last year too.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@coupongirl : my father received too a few month ago a cheque of 20$ i think from is car insurance

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Angela273 :Nice wins,hope to get as lucky as you and yours childrens in contests!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Angela273 It's fun for your children to get prizes from the summer reading program! Hope you find some contests that will get you a shopping spree for wardrobe for you or prepaid card for vehicle gas/expenses! You deserve some summer treats after all the moving and family activities. The new paint is making a difference for your new house. Mood is everything. May kitty find it easier to adapt to the new place as well.
    @Frugalbigmama Wonder Woman rep for you! Mom must be thrilled her moving day went well and she had her daughters' support too. It'll be fun to see her new place after the setup (party!). Lucky you that you hit RCSS' no tax event. Don't know if I'll be able to do it by tomorrow (need funds and cold drinks to make it happen).
    @lilo0 03 Lovely social calendar! Book next weekend in your planner as your free time off. You were wanting alone time and you deserve it! Paddleboarding and what not.
    @coupongirl Family must be thrilled you are attentive to their needs. Great to get treated by family in return too.
    @lizzie bargain Apple strudel, crumble and treats time! Wow at the harvest volume! Hope you had some laughs during the picking and some refreshments too.
    @cath007 Printing success rep for you! Technology can be fun or irritating as it only can be...
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Got a start on garden weeding in the heat (wore a hat and long shirt over shoulders to slow sun burn) and bagged it for today's collection. Then a nap--I was losing too much perspiration. No luck on getting anyone to go grocery shopping last night, so I got Mom to provide funds for this morning's quick visit to Fortinos for produce, beverages and a couple of treats. Mailed her letter on the way to the store as well.

Bro purchased a Martha Stewart sheet set (for Mom) from his visit at Costco yesterday. Have laundered the set this morning and hung it outdoors just a few minutes ago. Plan to tackle a little more weeding but I've only one yard waste bag left. Will be interesting-I'll need at least 5 more bags to finish the project this week (main goal is completion by Fri-yay!).

I missed the Paralympics opening ceremony (will look for it online) and also CHCH's coverage of Justin Trudeau's visit to Ancaster this morning about housing (in an area that is certainly seeing lots of older properties getting redevelopment action).

Found out this week that Amazon Prime started streaming the last Neon Genesis Evangelion Thrice Upon a Time movie as of Aug.13! Has anyone watched it? How'd you like the anime movie? Also learned that Netflix will stream the live action Cowboy Bebop series on Nov.19 (John Cho fans, rejoice!). Netflix has streamed the first 3 NGE movies this spring, then they left the platform. Now I understand why and I also anticipated the new movie would be online somewhere in North America this summer (as big movie chain has not shown any trailers or news of release of the movie). As a friend has an Amazon Prime membership but not yet accessed the Prime streaming service, I know there might be a small chance of seeing the movie this month (free trial once a credit card or gift card is provided but 1 yr of service is like $74.99?).
    JadeAngel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Costco sent out letters to Danby dehumidifier owners who purchased certain models under recall notice. Dad got a letter for his unit so I told Mom to plan to accompany Bro to store for a full refund. Will see if Dad left the receipt in the manual-I personally will be glad to have one less appliance in the house when it is returned. I do like the model's green LED display but the unit was acting up about a year or two after purchase and I find it noisy. No fires, however!

Still no update if Mom intends to get a couple of items for the living room based on my online research. Much will depend on Bro getting her car fixed before the weekend-he's not saying when that will happen ( I asked last night)-as she'd need it to do her banking and grocery shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

saved with sales and coupons this week!!! I saved 30$ just in coupons this week(mostly printables yay for ink in printer the ink will be paid easyly,its been long time that I used so many lol!!! Feel great to have more for my precious money!!! WIsh it could be like that each week!!

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information