User Tag List

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2180Likes

Thread: August 2021 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cheated for dinner and picked up a cooked chicken. I never do that but DS suggested it the other day and tonight was the night. I made fries in the air fryer and a salad. Dinner done!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I will need to work this weekend but I do not have as much to do as I expected, yippee. I put ER on Prime and binged watched it well I worked and got done way more than I expected.

The basement saga continues, I am not sure if it is good news or not:

They were supposed to come on Tuesday to inspect the damage but they never showed up. Well turns out they did but they didn't apparently. They did come but only inspected one unit with damage and have decided based on what they were told by our neighbour we both have the same issue and they will not be inspecting our damage. Not sure how I feel about this.

They will not be coming in and pulling apart out basement, they feel they can fix it from the outside. So I guess good news that they will not be pulling our basement apart which I am happy about but at the same time worried because they have not even taken a look at our damage.

When I was working away I saw someone outside measuring our front lawn I can only assume this is to quote for the repairs. So it does look like things are happening which is nice. We have been lucky lately and there has not been any rain but now we really need rain.

Pretty sure at some point we will need to rip up the flooring ourselves as it does look like some water got under the tiles but that is a problem for when we know there will be no more flooding.
    ROMEO, JadeAngel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Maxi and cie mini brag:
    Philadelphia big container of cream cheese @3,98$ x3 (BB december 4 and we eat it on ours bagels) +600 pc points per 3$ =to bad maxi system dont round up the points...
    Farmer market cake loaf 2,00$ +400 pc points
    Ficello 8 per packages x2 pm wm @2,47$ each (to bad the coupon is for 10-12 and more count) reg price 6$ something
    Yoplait tubes x2 @1,47$ pm wm(i miss the 1$ off yoplait coupon from last year,.,..) and I wonder if they will be another 1$ oasis tear pad for packed little juice i hope so
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Aug 27th, 2021 at 09:11 PM.
    JadeAngel, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@SassyAshley: good luck with your basement

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Progress is being made on our old house. The house is empty, but needs to be cleaned, carpet washed, some walls painted. Still some stuff in the shed that I’m not quite set up to move yet. Some stuff is sitting in the new house, waiting to be unpacked.

Got 2 loads of laundry done today. Need to finish school supply lists, get kids to try on school shoes, splash pants, etc. Then I’ll finalize my WM list and see what I can do. All of the kids have appropriate clothes for school. I need more dress pants in my current size, but I find it very hard to buy dress pants in my community.

So far in August I’ve sold of $200 in stuff and over $100 in garden veggies.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Angela273 ; Good luck with the remaining moving and the maintenance of your other house

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

https://www.generalmillsfreepaperbags.ca/

new general mills promo buy 2 marked nature valley bars or 1 box of cereals with pins and get free reusable papers bags (it is code to redeem)

hope to find some in sale with pins these would be great for lunchs and those of you who have kiddos at school or wathever

just thougt i will share) posted in the deal too
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Aug 28th, 2021 at 05:02 AM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Happy Saturday!!! not a good sleep again maybr 5 hours but at least I can sleep in today and take a nap.
    My vaxxi code is alright but dad dont have apple so no for him
    I am going to sdm and metro for a fews things
    Too bad the points in offer received is 1 time use only..that suck...

Hope you are all good,enjoy your day

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

Dropped DS off at work and picked up a $1 cioffee at Mcdonalds. Doing a quick tidy up as the ducts are being cleaned this morning.
    Then once that is done I can start on laundry.

I went to sleep at 9pm last night! It felt much later but I just couldn't keep my eyes open. Woke up at 230 then fell back asleep so I actually feel rested today.

DS said it is suppose to start raining at 1pm and lots of rain tomorrow too. We are dog sitting for my sister so I have to go pick the pup up tomorrow. I will stay at their house next weekend and enjoy the hot tub

Enjoy the weekend everyone!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sat, Aug 28th, 2021 at 09:50 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have a list with about a million things to get done

This week will just be getting DS ready for back to school. We don't need anything just getting it all sorted and ready (school uniform/backpack/school supplies) His lunch will be a sandwich/cucumbers/fruit in his fancy bento box which we used on our Niagara falls trip and he said he really liked it. I plan on making chili, pasta sauce. mac and cheese, taco meat the 1st week of school so he will have good eats when he gets home. I will be making up some single serve freezer meals too.

I am kind of looking forward to the Fall back to routine with school and hockey.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbigmama -i am looking forward to the fall also ,relaxing time for me after mammogram and dentist appt which i put off til sept .

I went to shoppers this morning met a fellow smart cancucker we chatted for awhile i spent $88,so i got 20 times the points for spending over $60 .Trying to get a lot of laundry done as monday i will have the guys putting in my furnace and air conditioner .

A neighbour is selling their house across the street from us a couple in their early 50's both kids gone -hopefully it is a family with small kids or a young couple nice to see kids on our crescent .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Not getting as much done today as I would like, I tried getting up and getting right to work but my body is like it is Saturday, why are we doing this.

Spent some time online trying to find a recipe to make in the slow cooker tonight but did not find anything that jumped out at me. I think I am going to try making my Lasagna Zucchini Rolls Ups in the Slow Cooker. I have this massive Zucchini my Bro's gf gave me, it is the size of a newborn baby. So I think this is the perfect way to use some of it up and have a nice dinner. I am missing good nice dinners.

I know I have said it before but this is the week, we are getting back on track. I am going to make a meal plan and come up with some options. It also looks like it is going to cool down this week which will help.

My hope is after working this weekend I will be all caught up and can get back into my routine and get life back on track. This past month has been a struggle but a new month is upon us and time to turn things around.

Have a great Saturday everyone
    JadeAngel, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@coupongirl : how did you manage to get the 20x the point wub 60$ at SDM please? I just have a 5000 offer wub 40$ so i signed up with sdm newsletter and got 10 000 wub 40$ or more 1 time only..not terrible

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Cath-yes i had an offer spend $60 get 20 times the points so i used it .

Also had a great sleep last night the house was cool so slept from 10.00 til 7.00

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@coupongirl :maybe i dont get those types of great points offers because i dont go often to sdm ..who know
    How many points did you get?
    JadeAngel and Ciel21 like this.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information