User Tag List

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2180Likes

Thread: August 2021 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went out to get a few groceries and now I am cooking up a storm.

Making Chicken Tetrizini. Cooking extra chicken in the oven and 1/2 package of bacon.

I bought 2 baskets of peaches. So we will get our fill this week.

Put $30 gas in my vehicle and will put $30 in on Tuesday to finish PC Pt offer.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I was able to get 4 boxes of Royal kleenex for .99 each less .99 coupon. They were trying not to accept it but they did at the end. It does say ANY. and does not have a note to exclude single boxes.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok..... so went outside of my comfort zone...

i price matched several items.... saved 24.98 in price matching... and 3.00 in coupons
    i need to get faster on price matching.. does anyone have any hints for this...
    i can see it being very good for me.

1.50 on ecipsa
    1.00 co51
    22 100 in pc points

i got all the yard for my rug project.
    and stayed in my budget. so .. i am insanly pleased.

did up some pork snitzle for th freezer. and a new chicken recipie . tryng it tonight.. and froze one for trying that as well.

my goal for next shop is.. how to price match faster.... lol. if anyone has any hints.. please feel free to post or message me.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Price Matching- I like to have actual flyers so I don't have to worry about wi-fi working but I don't get many of the flyers now.

If I have the flyers I put all the same flyer items together to make it easier.

I'm sure you have the F L I P P app.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Giseledta do you use physical flyers or a smartphone to price match?

I do a few things, in my cart I keep my price matches separate and if space allows I seperate them in my cart by store.

When I go to check out I line my price matches up in order they show in my phone, I use Rebee. So if Freshco is the first store I line up all my Freshco items in the order my phone lists them so I can quickly flip between products.

If I am shopping with Mom I do my Price Matches first well she loads the belt. If I am shopping alone I do them last and let the cashier know starting at _____ item I have price matches, so even if I am still loading groceries they wait for me to come and show them my phone.

Hope this helps
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

This is why I use Rebee over F L I P because once the flyer has been opened and loaded on my phone, it will load without Wifi.

I now have Data on my phone but I used to use an Ipod with no Data and I found Rebee easier to use because it did not need wifi. Since you open the flyer to create your list the flyer will open in the store without wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Price Matching- I like to have actual flyers so I don't have to worry about wi-fi working but I don't get many of the flyers now.

If I have the flyers I put all the same flyer items together to make it easier.

I'm sure you have the F L I P P app.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Lasagna Zucchini Roll Ups are in the slow cooker, been in for about an hour and a half. I took a quick peek at them and they look amazing already.

I am slowly cleaning up our kitchen it is a disaster.

I do a little bit of work for work and then I do a little bit in the kitchen. Trying to keep cool well I clean the kitchen, I have a fan going and once I start to feel warm I go back to the living room and do my work in front of the fan.

I will make a Ceasar Salad and maybe a Garlic Bun to go with the Lasagna Roll Ups for dinner.

Feels good, I know it is only one meal but feel like we are starting to get back on track. Once the kitchen is clean I will slowly do some ingredient prep, I have some stuff on hand but will need to go grocery shopping at some point this week to get more fresh stuff, we are completely out of fresh fruit.

I used the massive Zucchini my bro's gf gave me I only used a 1/4 for dinner, the rest has been chopped up and is in the fridge for a quick side dish. Add some Olive Oil, Seasoning and toss in the Air fryer for about 10 minutes and we will have a quick side dish. Or if I have more time for dinner, I can dip them in Egg Wash and then in Bread Crumbs with some Parm and Air Fryer for about 10 maybe 15 minutes. So many options for a quick side dish. I have enough left to make side dishes 2 to 3 nights this week.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath -i go to shoppers once a week as its 5 minutes away -i got 22,030 points today on my $88 order and i buy most everything on sale excluding the bananas and my pears today plus the paper.I did splurge today and bought myself a nice exfolient ,when it comes to my face i use the higher end products and the cosmetic girl said i look young for my years today made my day .My grandkids keep me young.lol

I have a question for you fellow ladies i bought 2 baby gifts for recent babies being born -my girlfriends daughter-in-law called me when she recieved the gift to thank me which was lovely .
    Now my nefew's daughter just had a boy on last tuesday ,so i am a great aunt .I am not super close to them ,my older brother i am but his 2 boys not as much so .I had given the gift before the baby came ,but no thanks .I will give them the benefit of doubt maybe her mom never gave her the gift yet .

Does everybody feel the same way i do that when a gift is given a acknowledgement of some sort of thanks is appreciated -a phone call or a thank you card in the mail ? I remember my dear mom never got a thank you for a wedding gift and that ticked her off so much.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@coupongirl : thanks for the infos.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Giseledta : I use reebee most of the time on dad cellphone the maxi &cie i go have free wifi
    sometime the flyers but I only receive the iga and super c one.so ....
    I put in my cart all the things i want to pm at the same spot in the cart
    I do my pming at the end and I writhe on papers what I have to pm and where
    hope that helps after i give the coupons or put them on the product and i scan my pc card first to not forgot

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I was able to get 4 boxes of Royal kleenex for .99 each less .99 coupon. They were trying not to accept it but they did at the end. It does say ANY. and does not have a note to exclude single boxes.
    Good for you!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just had a small serving of the chicken tetrazini for my lunch. A few containers made up for the fridge to heat and eat.
    Chicken breasts are cooling now so will slice them up shortly for the fridge. Bought wraps and we have bacon/romaine/ceaser dressing/parm cheese for wraps. DS will be happy. Washing up the last of the dishes now and the kitchen is clean an no more cooking for me today!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My SDM is so small they dont carry much grocery it is minimal no fruits and veggies...it is really a pharmacy @SassyAshley :never taught of using my i pod for pming too that is a great idea ..i surely would have love to know when my dad was in hospital and did not have is cellphone..how well always learning something in here..hahah

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Guys do you eat Philadelphia cream cheese sometime? I just want to know if this is me or the end of the container is always dry and been toss away in garbage..not fun because it is expensive

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl I completely get where you are coming from but I have also learned sometimes things happen. In my family some of the couples have a rule, I handle my side of the family you handle your side of the family, with that being said the boys in our family are somewhat forgetful and do not think of these things. I am not saying it is right by any means but it happens. Generally I will follow up just to confirm they got the gift.
    @cath007 we do not buy the tubs often as the bricks go on sale more often here. With that being said I do find when we buy the tubs it does depend on how quickly you use them. We do not use a ton of Cream Cheese outside of baking so what I do is I will scrape down the tub making sure there is no cream cheese on the side and then I put plastic wrap on top and press it down so the air cannot dry out the cream cheese as those containers are not ait tight. Other option is to move it to another container but I only do that if I flavour the cream cheese.

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information