Like Tree30Likes
  • 5 Post By DiamondLil
  • 2 Post By cath007
  • 5 Post By Giseledta
  • 6 Post By DiamondLil
  • 5 Post By SnowFlakey
  • 4 Post By anisa
  • 2 Post By DiamondLil

Thread: My daughter's leaving for university!!!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

After a Covid induced gap year, my daughter is leaving home in 2.5 weeks to start her first year in university. I am proud and happy for her, but I am miserable. Shes my baby girl and shes leaving home (maybe Im getting a taste of the empty nest as that leaves my teenaged son and my twentysomething son at home with hubby & me).

Anyone out there I can share my misery with? There must be some other sad mommies (or daddies) moving their children out of the nest in the weeks to come.

Shes excited to leave, a little scared but is excited to get back to school. I am genuinely happy for her, its the selfish mommy in me that is dreading that drive to Halifax to drop her off at Dalhousie.
    This thread is currently associated with: Gap
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

many many hugs. My youngest just left Ontario for Halifax. one of her besties is going to Dalhousie, and othe other is going to Nascad
    Youngest is going to work for a year... then school.. prob..
    I am not ok. hugs.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondLil View Post
    After a Covid induced gap year, my daughter is leaving home in 2.5 weeks to start her first year in university. I am proud and happy for her, but I am miserable. Shes my baby girl and shes leaving home (maybe Im getting a taste of the empty nest as that leaves my teenaged son and my twentysomething son at home with hubby & me).

Anyone out there I can share my misery with? There must be some other sad mommies (or daddies) moving their children out of the nest in the weeks to come.

Shes excited to leave, a little scared but is excited to get back to school. I am genuinely happy for her, its the selfish mommy in me that is dreading that drive to Halifax to drop her off at Dalhousie.
    anisa, DiamondLil, cath007 and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Hugs to you too... Im having it rough with moving her 4-5 hours away from home, I cant imagine having my child move that far away from home. My older daughter graduated university, and has found a job and apartment in another city. Its not easy. Happy for my children for having the confidence and independence to move on their own, but like I said, selfish mommy would like to keep her children just a little bit longer.

Im not okay either, but I have to be... (((hugs)))
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Although, weve been empty nesters for a many years now, i still remember the felling of utter dissolation. Both my kids left within 2 months of each other and it was hard. The first few weeks i cried almost every day. But hubby said we raised our children so that someday they could fly. We are very proud of both of them and they have given us 5 beautiful grandchildren. But i still remember those first few weeks when they were both gone. And in a few years it will be my children going through the empty nest; and i hope i can help them through this period in their lives.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Aww, congrats mama

My daughter will start College this year. She tool a year after Graduation to take some more classes.
    Local college, straight into a full time program. She is hugely talented, and incredibly smart and dedicated, but she is on the shy side so she is staying home and local.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Thanks all for the comments and support.

I dropped her off on Saturday, and poor girl, she called me on Sunday, with tears, to come pick her up. I had to toughen myself up and say to her to give it time, she was there for less than 24 hours! She was upset, not knowing anyone, eating breakfast & lunch alone, not having anyone to talk to.... she has since made some friends (baby girl is sociable!). Im happy for her but miss her so fiercely. It will get easier, with time. I hate thinking so selfishly, and I dont want to add to her homesickness.
    walkonby and cath007 like this.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Thread Information