User Tag List

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2229Likes

Thread: September 2021 frugal chatter; Almost Fall!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I hope you dont mind @Ciel21 I was not sure you will be online today so I started the september thread

What are your plans for september?
    Are you happy that fall is coming soon?
    Time to dress out a bit more for going outside and walking

Any frugal new habits this month?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thanks for starting the thread @cath007

Plans for September is to cut back on my spending and save more.
    Looking forward for fall since our last few weeks been super hot and humid the cooler weather would be welcoming

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

flemeth -i do agree i need to watch my spending and i have been ,good thing i put aside a few hundred every month ,as now we have a big visa bill next month due to the glorious new air conditioner and furnace .

My daughter cooked a lovely sunday type meal last night ,chicken ,gravy ,mashed potatoes and fresh corn as she will be leaving on friday to go back to toronto.It has been an adventure i tell you living with an adult child ,but we loved spending the time with sebastian.

Then we went to bed only to be woken up by my son calling at 11.30 as cara had to go to the hospital again and he needed to bring ashlyn over to sleep as he has work this morning and didnt when his wife was coming home or not from the hospital .My dear sweet cara i hope she is okay .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Plan for September is to get back on track, August was not my month. Between the basement flood, the hot temps and work I have fallen off my routines.

First and foremost we need to get dinners back on track, this last month has been a lot of quick get it on the table dinners. Time to get back on track with Meal Planning and proper dinners, don't get me wrong quick easy dinners have their place but not night after night.

Second is to get back on track with decluttering our house, the basement flood gave us our motivation to push forward and basically put together a plan to declutter from top to bottom, all floors, all rooms need to be tackled, some will be worse than others. Next step is to finish the room in the basement the flooded, now that we know they are not going to be ripping apart the basement and we do not need to move the shelving units we have in the basement it is time to clear the shelves off. We will be using these shelves to store stuff we want to keep but do not have a place to keep the stuff right now (i.e. our dining room, we do not have a wall unit yet to store certain items so they will be moved to the basement for the time being for storage, we will still have access to it but won't be living in a box or bin in my dining room).

Lastly (although I am sure other things will come up) I need to reorganize and restock my freezers with more freezer meals for those nights we need quick and easy meals. Now that we are scaling back a little bit on what we keep on hand, we really increased what we kept on hand in height of the pandemic, now we feel we can scale back to our "normal" levels and it should give me more Freezer room for Freezer meals. I need to restock.

I am sure other things will come up but this will be my main focus, we were already discussing cleaning off one of the shelves in the basement so we can start the process of cleaning out the dining room. One step at a time but we will get there.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Sounds like we all have similar plans for September.

#1 Decluttering is in high gear! I need to get back selling our crap and build the "crap sold" jar. I am going to start tonight posting tons for sale and keep at it. I will give myself the month of September to dump and sort and sell in the garage. Then I need to pack it up and put in corner for a Spring garage sale and be done with it. Garage to be ready for parking Oct 15th!!

#2 I will be so busy with #1 that there will be no time for spending. Just fresh groceries/small additions to compliment food on hand. The kitchen cupboards are on the list to clean out completely and then plan to use up stuff.

#3 Organize and wrap all Christmas gifts purchased already. I am feeling pretty good about what I have already and think I am almost done! Will finalize my list once I organize what I have. Goal is to have Christmas gifts done and wrapped by October 31st so I can just enjoy the season. Think I will pull the bins out tonight and get on this since once this is done I can then clean out my big messy closet.

#4 Completely clean out my dressers and closet and only keep what I love.

That is my Sept. plan!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    flemeth -i do agree i need to watch my spending and i have been ,good thing i put aside a few hundred every month ,as now we have a big visa bill next month due to the glorious new air conditioner and furnace .

My daughter cooked a lovely sunday type meal last night ,chicken ,gravy ,mashed potatoes and fresh corn as she will be leaving on friday to go back to toronto.It has been an adventure i tell you living with an adult child ,but we loved spending the time with sebastian.

Then we went to bed only to be woken up by my son calling at 11.30 as cara had to go to the hospital again and he needed to bring ashlyn over to sleep as he has work this morning and didnt when his wife was coming home or not from the hospital .My dear sweet cara i hope she is okay .
    Prayer offered for Cara and the rest of the family
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I'm in agreement with @flemeth that I'm looking forward to Fall as it has been quite a difficult summer with me and my health in dealing with the humidity. Also it's really slowed me down by how little I've accomplished this month apart from the essential things that can't wait.
    My latest hack is that I bought a couple of those plastic sealed hams the other week on sale. Add your own veg and potatoes/potato salad and you're all set(unless you don't like the stuff). I also discovered if you buy a smaller sized lemon meringue pie,you are less likely to drop it onto the floor.
    For the fall I'd like to buy more meat and store it.But other than chicken the sales still seem to be lacking,which means buying more in quantity which I don't like to fork out all at once.
    I am looking forward to the cooler temps,the beautiful leaves that I can enjoy by looking at and wading through and their smell of leave rot.
    Blessings my friends!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Feel free to skip this section if you might be bothered by medical stuff.

I spoke with my uncle yesterday. He’s my dad’s older brother. He helps to take care of his sister who never married. Uncle is 65yrs old and experiencing mobility issues. Anyway, it’s their oldest sister that’s in hospital dealing with cancer. She had radiation and chemo treatments this fall. She had a 9hr surgery earlier in August. Her wounds weren’t healing well so they did a debrievment surgery last week. She was able to walk 30 meters the one day, which Physio was happy with.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@cath007 Glad you started the thread. Whoever thinks of the next month as it approaches is ready to start that thread!

September plans-hmm, you know that BMO tv ad where the BMO rep says "Explain Catflix." I seem to be like those tv customers who love free trial periods. I have to end Amazon Prime, Prime Video and the related Stack TV channels by Sept.29. I intend to end them a day earlier to make sure I don't get invoices!

Not sure if I will get vaccine shot #2.

Keeping tabs on remainder of Sept money. Went overboard (for good reason) at end of August.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Evening -today we took sebastian and ashlyn to a new playground (2 playspots ,water fountain to refill your bottles and a splash pad -all free)Then treated them to McDonalds for lunch.

In the afternoon we went to see cara at home my daughter-in-law had her at the children,s hospital for 4 and a half hours last night .They checked her out good and think it is a u.t infection,but the poor little one feel asleep cuddled in papa's arm today with her fever ,she is on meds but if the fever doesnt break by i think thursday they said she will need to go back .

Tonight i will get an nice cool sleep ,mind you i didnt mind being woke up last night to watch ashlyn .

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@coupongirl :prayers offered for cara.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

August savings total - $734.91
    Coupons used - $64.50
    10% off Tuesday - $6.17
    Amazon gc - Swagbucks - $5
    PCO - NF - $90
    Air Miles - $70
    Eclipsa - $20.25
    Stuff Sold - $216
    Garden veggies - $133
    Domino’s Pizza Points - $16.50
    Contest wins
    $50gc - Dunrite Glass
    $57 - public library prizes
    $3.61 - single scoop hard ice cream
    Found money - $0.25
    Tim Horton’s Wins - $2.63
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Hi Guys,I have tons to things to post but grr so annoying I have unfortunnatly computer problems again ...that piss me off...So I take dad computer when he have no need for use it And my portable computer is 2 and a half year old ....so not warranty anymore i will cry...Just hoping it will not be to expensive to my none existent no planned budget spare for things like that.It is the mouse who dont function and the page hold up grr I purchased this portable computer at ordi vert(ecologic reusable computer) it was more sturdy and cheaper...now i know why grrr And my schedule dont match with their open hours so i hope my dad can go and i will refund him...stupid technologie per chance i have my i pod and a tablet but i dont writhe on those...
    Giseledta, JadeAngel and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

and i will make another trade for the news coupons because I have the feeling i wont find nescafe coupons(posted in the dollards and cents page by @flemeth so kind
    I dont know if i will enter contests anymore.....I got scammed today but I did the right thing not to anwser so now i always wonder if the contest is a scam or if it is legit....
    Dental appointement this morning...hhuh so stressed i cannot sleep and it is just an exam no work...they are not sure theu can do a root canal,maybe my case is to complicated...grrr i hate that...insisted to have at least appointment to state it....i hope not to lose my money with nothing in return that is my fear..my teeth is very affected at the roots so they are maybe not specialized and have the stuff to do it..if so they will make a r eference for another dentist who can do it...dont want that...and what i piss me off is I already have my x rays and they wont take it..my dentist was ready to send the scan..no they have to make their own x rays scan..so a lost of my precious money they dont care at all

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I readed google play have problems with the vaccicode app and it is true ..i cannot install the qr code on my father cellphone even if i enter the right infos ..so annoying
    Went to maxi and cie yesterday to have my 12 500 pc points but grr ficello was still cleared and they dont regarnish the shelves...itt is always like that when a good deal happen..but i think they lost money when we pm so they are not in a hurry to regarnish the shelves
    Compagnies coupons start to enter slowly,will have coupons from philadelphia i wrothe to them about the issue i had told you in before post...
    Alright time to close my eyes and relax a little bit..I have to get up at 6:30 lol..that will be an interresting day
    I wrothe an email yesterday to my life insurance and no response grr i want to paid less ..i have something i dont need right now...so it will be budget spare not planned things money
    Have an awesome wednesday!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Sep 1st, 2021 at 05:32 AM.

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information