User Tag List

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree2229Likes

Thread: September 2021 frugal chatter; Almost Fall!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!!!

Yesterday in the car I had AC on in the morning and the heat and heated seats on in the evening!!! Only in Canada!

Just plowing through my desk at work to get it all done and leave early for the long weekend.

DS is all ready for back to school so it will be a bit of fun this weekend and maybe get a few things done around the house. But fun is #1!!! Lots of house time this winter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I called a variety of schools this week in an attempt to drum up some substitute teacher work. One principal informed me of a missed opportunity because I called her in the afternoon and she’d just booked someone that morning to cover for a newly quarantining teacher. A different principal sent me a text while I was moving a book shelf. I replied within 15min and he’d already booked it. If someone wants that fast of an answer, I think they should call instead of sending a single text message.

I’m continuing to clean and organize while our children are at school the last couple of days. Dh and I plan on painting our old house on Sunday.

Walmart
    10x $4.47 Black Diamond natural cheese 400g - 5x $4 wub2 CO51
    2x $3.98 Iogo yogurt cups - $1 CO51

I picked up those deals yesterday and cashed out CO51 again. I also exchanged ds’ shoes because he wore them out before he outgrew them, so I got a replacement pair for free.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Sep 3rd, 2021 at 01:01 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Tomorrow is DH’s and my 10 year wedding anniversary. It’s hard to believe. With the amount of Covid cases I do not feel safe nor comfortable going out on a traditional date. I’ve been thinking about ordering sushi from our favourite place in town.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Happy Early Anniversary Angela

On a side note I am with you, we have decided to will be awhile before we would consider certain activities due to Covid and rising number.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Finally got to go grocery shopping last night, it should not have been this hard to find time in schedule. Although I was a little disappointed, something seems to be going on, I am not sure if it is issue with getting shipments in or something else. A month or so ago I was at Costco and most of the products in the produce room were frozen and then last night I was in a local store shopping and the produce they were putting our was also frozen. The lemon and cucumbers were rock hard frozen.

The second store I went to the selection was not very good, they only had 1 package of mushrooms, all the peppers looked the same as some peppers I have had in my fridge for 3 weeks and some of the veggies that were on sale they did not have.

All and all I was able to make it work with what we could, although I may stop in later in the week to see if new stock has arrived. I thought about going today as I am working out of town and could go to a different location but not sure that will happen, I am getting a horrible tension headache.

Some of the deals I got:
    frozen Veggies $1.97 (I like to pick up the ones we do not tend to buy fresh like Brussel Sprouts, Pea & Green Beans we find fresh to be a bit too pricey) these can be tossed in the Air Fryer, SO GOOD
    Butter - 3/$10 the basket in my freezer is now fully stock
    Potatoes - $1.88 The German & Irish Heritage gets a little nervous when we get low
    Pasta - $0.94 One of those items whenever it is $1 or less I grab a couple to keep our stockpile stocked
    Broth - $1.67 We are going into Soup & Stew season and I cannot get Beef broth at my Costco

I did not get to wrote my to-do-list for the weekend I was hoping to get to it today but it is not looking promising we have a lot going on in the location I am in today which is keeping me busy.

I am thinking tomorrow I will work on ingredient and meal prep get that out of the way and go from there.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Although I was a little disappointed, something seems to be going on, I am not sure if it is issue with getting shipments in or something else. A month or so ago I was at Costco and most of the products in the produce room were frozen and then last night I was in a local store shopping and the produce they were putting our was also frozen. The lemon and cucumbers were rock hard frozen.
    Are you certain they were actually frozen and not 'just above frozen' temperature?
    Wouldn't truly frozen vegetables and fruit simply rot quickly?

I have come across some very, very cold fruit (like cantaloupe) which I thought must have been frozen, too. Happily, my fears turned out to be unfounded.
    Giseledta, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

A very productive day at work! I can now enjoy the long weekend with no worries of work!!!!

Hope you all have fun and safe long weekend! Back to the school routine woohoo!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

last day with a family i have had for over 5 years. bittersweet. but they are off to school . i am going to miss the family alot.

planned ahead, having pizza for supper. and working on my onlne part of the cpr first aid course . i am taking next weekend.

tomorrow is garden work day.. i have a plan for what i want to get done. the puppies will be happy ... they love working outisde in this weather. once i get sore i will work more on my cpr thing.. 8 h on line... sigh.. taking it a bit at a time.

plan for sunday is making a few freezer meals .. . and prob sorting the freezer a bit as well. get it orgaized. and finish off the course

freezer meal plan.. baked ziti with tomoato , veggie and gr beef , and cheese. ... Manicotti, and Lazagna. we will have LAz for supper that night. loblaws has lean gr beef on sale for 3.49 lb i think.. need to check .. so this is a gr beef stock up . might do a few burger patties for salbur steak as well....

i really , really want a few meals in the freezer for .. omg , i am exhusted nights.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Evening - i am freeeeeeee,no more babysitting(except after school the odd time for the girls) ,it was a little tough at times over the past 2 months watching a 3,4 and 7 year .

Plus living with a 39 year old daughter for 2 months was fun ,great to talk to in evenings but she is also opinionated and very outspoken.My daughter did buy her share of groceries and treated us a few times to takeout and the one dinner out for her birthday.

So happy to have my house back ,my daughter gave me a grey shag type rug if i wanted it -of course as one room doesnt have a rug in my front sitting room .

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good evening,!!! I will head up to bed soon,so tired of my week...i will getting use to it
    This is not fun I have tooth pain and a severe headache took 2 strong tylenol
    I got my free friday metro on apps product it is a bag of sweet and salty popcorn
    At wal mart I got a cheap coffee machine basic one
    did the laughing cow cheese deal too x5 (seems it is the only store carriing the smoked flavor)
    Have a good late evening and night
    no sign of the new coupons at iga and metro ....
    I know now that at wm the coupon policie changed but not to bad to compared of what i heared on french couponning group...always go to the source
    it is 1 free coupon at all in the transaction the other coupons are ok not to have the mention 1 per costumer
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Sep 4th, 2021 at 02:16 AM.
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Wishing you and your husband an happy ealier anniversary @Angela273

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Oh and many thanks to @Ciel21 for the surprise enveloppe of coupons!!! I was not expecting that one So generous thanks

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Ugg I slept in by mistake this morning, I work up around 5:30 and was going to get up just after 6 but I fell back asleep. Did not get up until 7:30 which is not good for my sleep reset grrr, I cannot believe I did that. But I know I needed the sleep, this week has kicked my behind.

Yesterday was just insane. It was none stop all day between covering for a manager and doing my job it just never stopped so I am behind. I did not get anything off my work to-do-list done yesterday except for covering the manager.

I am going to enjoy my cup of tea and start writing my home to-do-list, there is a lot to be done but I can do it. Really thinking I want to spend some time in the kitchen today, I miss cooking.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone
    Giseledta, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Hope you are all well and happy!!!
    Feel good to sleep a little bit more (get up at 8:30 am instead of the 6:30 am all the week)
    I had a call from the doctor receptionist yesterday so i have an appointement october 29 at 6:00 glad it is a friday and after life project.
    Got another e-mail from the weight lost program i want to do ..they send me others videos to watch because now we cannot be in group thanks to covid....
    I saw in fb couponning english group that the persil laundry soap changed is wording..it is up to 2,2 l and 40 pods..before that was not marked.....huh so you cannot have a big container when it is on sale....
    I will go to marche public later and that it for me..still very tired of my week
    For the FPC kelloggs rice krispies you have now to connect witg you kelloggs account before no..that is weird
    I putted my carrots muffins and cakes in the fridge because the bb date was yesterday...so no food wasting and they will still so fresh!!!
    At some point I know I or father (he has more time) to defrost and clean the other small fridge
    Alright time to do some lurking and then i dont know..
    Have a good day!!!!
    My life insurance sale person dont work there anymore...i will be with another one....in meantime is is the director who take care of my files....
    I love and hate fb..but this morning i love it...i had a positive memory of my dear beloved mom...when she was in her first years of teaching..wow...that put me a smile on my face.She was a devoted persitant teacher whi was very appreciated by her students
    talked about my root canal with one fb'. acquitance because she had 2 roots canal very helpful person
    No contests win so far....grr
    Oh and i subscrived to aw restaurant for the coupons as i am tired to pay full price when i could have a coupon..i dont go there often but it is nice.
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Sep 4th, 2021 at 09:28 AM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I checked and put the links in my fb for some apple crisp recepies and apples dessert !!! Cannot wait to go to the orchards hahaha

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information