User Tag List

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree2229Likes

Thread: September 2021 frugal chatter; Almost Fall!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Tomorrow is DH’s and my 10 year wedding anniversary. It’s hard to believe. With the amount of Covid cases I do not feel safe nor comfortable going out on a traditional date. I’ve been thinking about ordering sushi from our favourite place in town.

Happy Anniversary @Angela273 to you and your DH

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Forgot to mention the on going drama with our kitchen sink should be over now.

I think it was 2 years ago the drain part fell apart, it rotted from old age. We got it replaced but after it was replaced the pipes under the sink started leaking. I did some research to see if I could figure it our vs paying a plumber. I learned the new drain he put in was shorter as that is now the standard (the old one was original to house which was build in the 70s) so the pipe under the drain was too short and he did not replace it. It must have been 2 years ago (it was before Covid) I bought the longer Pipe but I could not get it installed myself, I needed help.

Last night the pipe was leaking so bad and I was getting frustrated as I knew I had to do dishes today. Mom helped me and we were able to fix the issue. Someone needed to use pliers to hold the drain well we undid the top pipe and then switch them out.

In the end because it still had the price tag on it, the fix was $1.62 + tax instead of paying a plumber who knows how much. Do not get me wrong if I need a plumber I will call one but this lucky was an easy fix.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Happy anniversary @Angela273 . Dinner in is likely a safer option. I am just cooking some bacon for bacon and tomato sandwiches. The garden has not given us enough tomatoes for sauce but it’s enough for sandwiches which is the best thing for garden fresh tomatoes in my opinion. The laundry is on the line and I am now enjoying my cheap cinnamon raisin bagel. I never buy them because I am the only one that likes them. Yesterday No Frills had a 4 pack for 25 cents. Can’t say no to to that.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Happy Anniversary angela

I just got back from shoppers spent 100.00 so got 20 times the points -i was down to one toilet paper plus laundry soap was none existent i was down on that too-managed to get peek frean cookies for 1.39 after personal points (love the odd one with a tea)

Towels are hanging and i am on my second load .I feel like a truck ran over me ,i need to get out and get sebastian's 5th birthday gift but will wait tile another day ,as we will be going to toronto next week to celebrate his birthday .Then i will get to see daughter's new place .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

well last night I got my 3rd Covid shot-Pfizer this time and so far so good. Will likely need a fourth in order to travel this winter as Covishield/Astra Zeneca is not recognized/accepted everywhere. We are back to masks here and cancelled surgeries-so glad my husband slid in under the wire and got his last month-he continues to recover well and plans to return to work Oct 1.

We just got groceries-picked up quite a few healthy things for $27 after cashing in $10 in points-of course we are planning to go to Costco tomorrow and that is never $27-lol. Laid back long weekend planned around here.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well done getting your third. Awaiting some place on Toronto to get the third dose. No one seems to have been given direction yet on doing it. Typical Ontario Prov Govt BS. They cannot do one thing right wrt COVID. So we wait. It will happen. May end up via TGH.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good lunch time and earlier afternoon!!! Went to marche public,took the trash and recycle out into the bins and did a little walk.Productive morning I would said.Dad did the dishes.I will always try to buy my cookies at marche public from now bulk=less expensive,fresh and more varieties.I cannot wait to try the oatmeal apples ones and the peannut-dark chocolate ones!!! Had sushis and cheese for lunch a treat well deserved foy my accomplished week.Tomorrow i will try to declutter and organize more the spare -storage bedroom it is the only time i will have to do it or by week end but i want my week end to me for me myself and i time ...i guess time will tell about that.
    Per chance I did not buy socks I find 8 pairs when sorting the laundry bin,...I knew I haved more...so no expenses for that dont need it..oh i am so frugal

Have a good day!!!
    Just an FY1 for those who want the fpc kelloggs rice krispies you have now to log to your account and it is 1 per household
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Sep 4th, 2021 at 12:22 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Forgot to mention I saw some pumpkins at marche public ..I was surprised..lol. maybe people will cook with them???
    Giseledta, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Cath - i find here everyone is full on ... fall mums, decorate outside, let do pumpkin spice and go apple picking... ugh.. give it a few weeks...

Angela - hope you have a wonderful anniverary

my coupon trade fell through.. sigh.. ok. i was looking forward to some... grrr.

spent 3 hours in the garden... do a tiny dent. so much to do . it will all get done.. just need time..
    going to grab a shower... figure out supper .. then curl up in a chair. and work on the online portion of my cpr first aid course..
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I was watching TV the other day and started seeing all the ads for Halloween shows, all I could think is I am not ready for the Halloween shows to start.

I have not seem many decorating yet but I see a lot of people online looking for fall decor. Not sure if our stores are lacking supplies, haven't been in many stores myself to see. Lots of people looking for Hay Bales & Pumpkins.

The way I see kids are not even back in school yet, it is a bit early for fall, although I am loving the fall like temps.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Yup.it is too soon for halloween ..dollorama already put theirs decorations and my maxi and cie already have the candy and chocolate boxes ..sigh..dont get me wrong i live for fall but would had love the summer to last a little bit more!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Giseledta : I send you a pm if you want to check

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Time to order more coupons from compagnies yay!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I just saw an add on facebook for 40% off t shirts at reitmans website...huh guess what I splurged...I bought 3 t shirts differents as the old navy ones ,1 acrylic crossover cardigans and 1 jacket( for sleeping) I dont have one right now ..only a night summer dress....so that was my order ...Saving are there but they e-mailed me a code for 20% off my order but the code could not work with theirs sales as they already put an extra 20% off..huh
    So now I am good with my wardrobe just plan to buy jeans when I will loose some weeight

Dad paid with his credit card(I dont own one) and I will refund him or it will be my christmas gift earlier and birthday gift too...so practical

I hate taxes lol...Not a frugal month for my wardrobe
    But the delay of expediting is much longer than usual...
    I could not imagine paying full price for my clothes and I never did hahaha
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Sep 4th, 2021 at 03:41 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Change of plan again for dinner I noticed my cold cut meat expire soon so I will make some sandwichs the quiche will have to wait until tomorrow lunch and monday dinner lol
    I noticed that my jean coutu and uniprix drug store dont put now often the dish soap on sale at 3 for 5$ ...so yesterday I splurged at wm .The bottles of Palmolive where bigger that what i bought in t he 3 for 5$ drug store sale (800 ml) and they where 1,86$ so I bought 6 even without coupons it is a good deal!!!! I will order my colgate palmolive coupons in 2 weeks but feel good to have 1 less thing to worry about..now I am stocked...was down to 2 bottles I think. and it dont expire
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Sep 4th, 2021 at 08:34 PM.

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information