User Tag List

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree2229Likes

Thread: September 2021 frugal chatter; Almost Fall!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good afternoon everyone!!!! I made 2 trades on english fb couponning group.not fabulous trades but ok trades.
    I will get 4 full deodorants dove in the mail with the beauty care program nla sorry...a person I made a trade with yesterday send me the link..the free products sold out in minutes so i just had the choice of deodorants that is o k those are the news ones i want to try ..was so kind of her.

A thing I dont like with trading is when people have no wl and say show me or show me fpcs and it is a no to all the things you propose..that really piss me off...

And when you ask and dont stop asking for a video when it is optional...wow.....the trusting is not there anymore even with a picture the only person asked me a video was the lower value trade hahaha
    I so love much more smart canucks because we are reliables traders with no pictures....TRUSTING is all

An acquitance wrothe to me...i dont know how to feel about that..
    Alright .Have a good day
    mailed my trades....just to have peace of mind because no mail monday
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Sep 5th, 2021 at 02:52 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi all!

It just started raining here. Perfect timing as today was a running around shopping day and I already brought everything in from the car.

Scoped Dog treats at Walmart $3.97 posted but rang in $4.17 and it is a new product so goes to show that prices keep getting increased.

SDM- Listerine large bottle with smaller bottle 2pk deal for $5!! (the big bottle sells for $10.99 small $5.49) and 1000 PC points wub 2.
    Grabbed 2 for the boys for their Christmas stocking/pile!

I am set for packing DS's lunch the next while just need to pick up his fresh buns tomorrow.

In my travels yesterday I picked up a road side treasure. Another tall plastic storage unit thingy. I have picked up so many of these on the side of the road. Will give it a wash tomorrow and decide where I will use it.

Have a great afternoon!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good afternoon all...

busy busy day... went and did a little grocery shop.. 1.00 on co51. 38900 pc plus points due to a offer i didnt know i had... lol. upload to recipit hog.

came home.. made...

2 meatload stuffed with garlic mashed potates - to see if they freeze well, hubby loves this meatloaf.
    3 baked ziti
    3 manicotti
    4 lasagna...

all for the freezer. 1 of the lasagna is supper tonight.

having premade freezer meals ready is a huge energy and time saver for me. and we wont go for take out...

we have a huge tree that has been droppping equally huge branches down.. last one was 20 feet long.. ... seriously huge tree. any hoo.. it needs to come down... so that is a expense i was not expecting..

after meal prep, and kitchen clean up...
    i went and worked in the yard for 1.5 h. i figure i have 5 - 6 weekends max... next weekend is prob out as its the inperson cpr first aid course..
    whatever i can do to get it in better shape means next spring will be so much easier.

ok.. off for a shower, and reply to a few messages, and then.. my lovely course.

supper is Lasagna, garlic bread. working on the crochet car rug.. ( on to the track part now!!) and a movie with hubby....
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Giseledta : good job on your pc points with your grocery and the meal s freezer friendly that are ready!!!!
    Yep grocery shopping is tomorrow for me...should be interessting,pm and coupons lol
    nm the groceries are closed due to labour day..so that will wait another day
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Sep 6th, 2021 at 02:45 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I edited my profile info and it is more up to date..no more christmas face below hahaha!!! I was tired of that.I re readed the trade guidelines of smart canucks and readed the en fb couponning group and i have difficulty to calculate so people took advantage of me i think...I hate that.,..I will know for next time at least.

And people dont advertised me on that...it suck just taking advantage...i think it is because i have not posted in a while and they can see it...so ........
    I feel i could have had more for the coupons i offered....that is sad....
    At least it is always fair on smart canucks , 1 had just 1 bad experiance with a member and she was wrong,not there anymore

For those who make trade : QOTD: do you stick to the rules,or if your are both happy that what is count???

My kellogs rice krispies fpcs where lowed ..it is not crap it is an fpc ...

Alright time for dinner..tired of my day
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Sep 5th, 2021 at 04:25 PM.
    Giseledta, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Giseledta great job on the freezer meals. We are the same if we have them we will make those vs take-out.

My hope is to clean out my freezer (maybe tomorrow, if not next weekend) to make space for freezer meals. I know there should be way more room in my chest freezer than I have, there are a lot of holes and spaces. Stand-up freezer just needs some minor organizing and I will take inventory to see if there is anything we need to grab on out next Costco trip.

No more prep was done this afternoon but I did start prepping dinner. I am making Mustard Balsamic Pork Chops with Italian Zucchini in the Air Fryer and a Cucumber, Tomato & Bocconcini Balsamic Salad.

As well I found some bagels that were pushed to the back to the freezer and a little past their prime so I have prepared a Bagel Baked Bread Pudding with a Cheesecake custard. This is on the counter soaking, I will put it in once dinner comes out of the oven. Will make some Whipped cream to go with it.

I am really focused on getting our dinners back on track and I am really enjoying being back in the kitchen, it is my happy place.

Well I was ingredient prepping this morning I started to think about what we may need to pick up to move our pantry from Spring/Summer to Fall/Winter, the big things I can think of are:
    Broth - Chicken & Beef
    Diced Tomatoes
    Passata - We use this in place of Tomato Sauce
    Velotine

Normally I would be looking at stocking up on frozen veggies but I think we are good for the time being. I think we are stocked up on most meats the only real thing we may need is more Beef Roasts so I will watch for those to go on sale.

I think tomorrow I will spend some time in the basement and checking what we have vs what we need and start making a list so I can keep an eye on the sales. Also see if there is anything we should pick up on our next Costco shop.

Really starting to feel like I am getting back on track, still a lot to be done but feeling like I am on the right track.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

nm i found the info
    Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

It’s still to warm here to heat the house up but do like watching everyone prep for winter. I need a good sale on chicken breast. That is one thing we are low on. I have bought baskets for the freezer and that’s taking up space but then helps me see what we have on hand. Dinner tonight is steak and we stopped at a farm stand and picked up new baby potatoes and corn. Yummy. I should probably get started on dinner soon.
    I did take advantage of the cheese offer on checkout 51 and I picked up Rice Krispie squares with my FOC so it was a quick 17.00 back and I can cash out again. We are stocked on cheese until Christmas.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I did manage one load today and hubby just brought it in all dried .Hubby cut front and back and i managed to whipper snip the back.
    Supper was chicken soup with rice and a turkey deli wrap .

I still feel crappy a bit but managed to go to toysrus today to buy part of sebastian's birthday gift i saved 3.00 by price matching to walmart -a playdoh grill set and it makes real grill marks on the burgers (ink inside the grill)as he played with the playdoh a lot this summer when he was here .Plus a few other smaller items .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We did the same thing a few years ago, putting bins in our freezer and although yes it takes up space it makes it so easy to see what we need to buy. You can see the Chicken basket getting low and know it is time to stock up. But also no surprises after you buy chicken and realize you had a bunch that was "hiding" and now you have A LOT of chicken, been there done that LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I have bought baskets for the freezer and that’s taking up space but then helps me see what we have on hand.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    We did the same thing a few years ago, putting bins in our freezer and although yes it takes up space it makes it so easy to see what we need to buy. You can see the Chicken basket getting low and know it is time to stock up. But also no surprises after you buy chicken and realize you had a bunch that was "hiding" and now you have A LOT of chicken, been there done that LOL.
    Lol. I wish I could find some hiding chicken. Usually it’s just a forgotten package of English muffins. I realized a large amount of space is DS2 ice cream cake box, it was just last week but once it gets into the basement we all forget to eat it so I cut it up and put in the upstairs freezer because in two weeks we have another one. And between both boys birthdays we have DH and his dad’s bday so DH is opting for no cake. See what I said about birthdays. We have 5 in 16 days in our family. So much cake.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

In my city this week end we had the festival the la poutine...now i read that people who dont have their vaccine passport are being refunded ....because the vaccine passport was not an option..wow you have all the summer to think about that and you want to be refunded....not sure if this is correct...It is not the festival de la poutine fault if you are not properly or not vaxxed...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Went to RCSS and bought a box of Chapman's 8x dessert bars at price-match for $2. I wanted to celebrate the end of summer, but certainly didn't want to eat all eight, so I asked a nearby mother of three little girls if they would help me eat them. Big smiles all around. It made their day (and kept the additional ice cream off my butt!)

They said their thanks and I told them to just study hard in school.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We had our sitter take care of our kids at the new house while Dh and I work on the old house. Dh and I got a good amount of work done on our old house, but we under estimated the amount of paint and the store is closed until Tuesday. We painted the entryway, living room, and hallway today. We also prepped one bedroom. We ran out of painter’s tape, but we were able to pick some up from Dollarama so that we can continue working tomorrow. We have 2/3 of a gallon of paint left. I’ll need to scrub down the cupboards, fridge, stove, closets, etc. at the old house. I can work on it during the day if I’m not called to substitute teach. Finishing up at the old house is our priority this week. It’s taking longer than Dh and I had hoped.

I applied for a new local teaching contract. It would be 8 months of full time work.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Sep 5th, 2021 at 10:09 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    It’s still to warm here to heat the house up but do like watching everyone prep for winter. I need a good sale on chicken breast. That is one thing we are low on. I have bought baskets for the freezer and that’s taking up space but then helps me see what we have on hand. Dinner tonight is steak and we stopped at a farm stand and picked up new baby potatoes and corn. Yummy. I should probably get started on dinner soon.
    I did take advantage of the cheese offer on checkout 51 and I picked up Rice Krispie squares with my FOC so it was a quick 17.00 back and I can cash out again. We are stocked on cheese until Christmas.
    @lilo0003 I also took advantage of the cheese deal on CH51 just waiting for my receipt to be approved

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information