User Tag List

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2229Likes

Thread: September 2021 frugal chatter; Almost Fall!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I do t have any teaching days scheduled yet. I’m trying to make the best of these days. As expected, we ran out of paint yesterday so we were unable to finish painting the old house. Our renter is scheduled to move in next week. Time for a little break. I spent the last 45min scrubbing the walls and front of the bottom cupboards in the kitchen. My right shoulder already hurts, but the cupboards look brighter already at the old house. I’m at the old house to tackle some serious cleaning. Then I’ll check the mail boxes for coupons before I go shopping early this afternoon. Today is 10% off Tuesday at Sobeys. I might redeem some meat rain checks. I haven’t seen much in the way of meat sales.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Had a healthy lunch of chicken and brocoli. Food is all packed in fridge so everyone can make a plate and heat and eat as they want.
    Kitchen is clean.

I want to wash my big floor mat that is in bathroom but it is so big and heavy it really gives my washing machine a work out. I think I will take it to the laundry mat to save my machine. Will plan to do that Thursday or Friday.

Wanted to make healthy protein balls but I need natural peanut butter. Will pick some up later this afternoon. Will wait till DS gets home from school and then head out for a bit.
    cath007, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS's phone is ready for an upgrade. It will save me money to get him a new phone (better plan for cheaper) and I will get either PC pts or Costco Gift cards depending where I upgrade. Costco is the better deal - more $ in gift cards and free ear buds and car charger. But I love my PC pts...decisions!
    lilo0003, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Luckily I woke up early this morning as I forgot to turn my alarm back on.

I was supposed to work this weekend but could not do the mass upload/download as the person who needed to upload before me did not do their upload. They did it this morning so now I am trying to play catch up and trying to get this done during the day without disrupting day to day business.

Going to make homemade pizza for dinner tonight, nice to be able to cook again and use our oven.

Trying to get some stuff around the house done as well since I am working from home today. Getting a few things done but I think my co-workers have a 6th sense, every time I walk away from my computer someone calls and I have to come back LOL. Good news is getting the work to-do-list done and hopefully later in the week I can focus more on the house to-do-list.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Tue, Sep 7th, 2021 at 02:52 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just made the protein balls-used a new recipe I found and it mixed up so well! They are in the fridge for 30 mins then I can make the balls. Can't wait to try them!
    cath007, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

So the basement saga continues, now we received an email saying they have been advised that the drywall on the front wall as well as any studs need to come down for inspection. So next week they will sending in a handyman to take down the drywall and studs on the front wall where the water is coming in.

Now the part I do not understand is they were advised of this but at this time they do not have a company to come in and inspect the basements yet and are still looking for a company to take on the work. Just me?????

I have to be honest, I am starting to get worried that before we know it the ground will be frozen and the work will not be done and will have to wait till next year. Then we will have to get through the spring thaw and hope we do not flood again.

I know so many other industries when it comes to home improvements are backed up and still dealing with backlogs from Covid shut downs. Not to mention supply shortages, can they get the supplies they need. It has me concerned.
    walkonby, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Sobeys trip this afternoon while my kids were at school.
    $125oop (paid with gc)
    Saved $19.83 with 10% discount
    Used $56.44 in coupons
    Earned 129AM
    Redeemed 3 rain checks
    Bought 4 packages of Dempster’s wraps and got a $5 Sobey’s gc
    $2.25 CO51
    Submitted receipt to Swagbucks and Receipt Hog
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Sep 7th, 2021 at 06:11 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Huh just checked the blog and I miissed 1 perfume sample...that frustrate me because people dont post their find in the freebie and sample section anymore...a lot of ''smart canucks.'' if we can call those....dont contribute to the forum they are just lurking...
    Ciel21 likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My cold is gone =yeah but last night we picked up the two girls at 5.00 p.m for a sleepover ashlyn asked us if she could sleep over before she goes back to school,so couldnt say no the the little one cara.Cara woke up at 2.00 a.m "i am scared nana"so i got her back to sleep then she woke up again at 4.00 a.m .

Off to mastermind for 20% off grandparents day saved 6.00 off sebastian's fun gift small bugs that are battery operated plus a few stocking stuffers for him and the girls =got free wrapping on his gift a nice gesture thats for sure.

Then into winners found 3 nautica padded sport bras 29.99 so 10.00 each is a good price -i hate underwire now i am choosing comfort at my age .
    Plus i bought 2 small candles reduced 3.00 each for me .

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I posted the 2 perfumes samples in the freebie and samples section if you are interested
    lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Sobeys trip this afternoon while my kids were at school.
    $125oop (paid with gc)
    Saved $19.83 with 10% discount
    Used $56.44 in coupons
    Earned 129AM
    Redeemed 3 rain checks
    Bought 4 packages of Dempster’s wraps and got a $5 Sobey’s gc
    $2.25 CO51
    Submitted receipt to Swagbucks and Receipt Hog
    @Angela273 ; WHen you have that numbers of coupons do you put them at the till with the products or you give all the coupons to the cashier at the beginning?Thanks
    Angela273, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good evening everyone!!! I managed to go to Dollorama but forget 1 thing on my list...the less important one at least and after when to iga found the amooza ,motts and mere michel coupons was surprised.The others ones where not there or where cleared...Does all the stores put all the same tears pads coupons or it is up to the store to decide or depend of the rep???
    Did not get my call back from life insurance director will wait friday and will regive him a call.....
    please pray that the dentist i will get a call tomorrow will do my rooth canal..tired of being on tylenol extra stengh and have pain....
    I wanted to go to a bread and dessert store but the store changed is opening hours due to covid grr no longer open the afternoon
    Have a good evening and night
    Will go if needed to maxi and cie tomorrow
    keeped the dinner simple : hot dogs
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Sep 7th, 2021 at 08:09 PM.
    lilo0003, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

So far my dinner planning looks like that
    Lasagna with garlic bread and ceasar salad
    Provencale and spinach quiche with gouda cheese and macaroni salad
    kaiser with smoked turkey and swiss cheese..maybe tomatoes and salad
    chicken eggs rolls with chinese fried rice
    shrimps rice
    salmon pot pie to make (just need to purchase the eggs)
    tempura shrimps with wong wing citrus chicken

those are ideas for what the fridge and freezer look like
    lilo0003, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I made waffles, grapes, and bacon for supper tonight. While it was cooking I also prepped a large pot full of garden tomatoes. I’ll simmer them this evening, then press it through my sieve to make unseasoned tomato freezer sauce.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    @Angela273; WHen you have that numbers of coupons do you put them at the till with the products or you give all the coupons to the cashier at the beginning?Thanks
    I try to pick my teller, if I have the opportunity. I sort my items and place them on the belt in the order that I want. When I have multiples of items without coupons, I often give the teller one of the items and tell her how many I have in total. I find that it is faster and the cashier handles my items less. I place my coupons directly on the item on the belt, or hand it to the cashier when they’re scanning the item.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information