User Tag List

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree2229Likes

Thread: September 2021 frugal chatter; Almost Fall!!!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just a shout out to be careful to all our Newfoundland friends here who are under a Hurricane warning right now !!! I read it is the entire Avalon Peninsula including the Metro St. John's area. Cat 1 storm Larry will hit later tonight. Be safe!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It was sunny earlier and now the clouds have moved in. Of course I want to get some yard work done so hopefully it doesn't rain.
    5 million things to do and don't know where to start like usual
    Giseledta, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I am letting people harvest their own dill and put the money in my mailbox. I made $24 yesterday from one lady who is doing a lot of canning.

The local high school called this morning asking me to teach this afternoon. Of course I had to turn them down because of the appointment. I figured that would happen.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Sep 10th, 2021 at 11:40 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Finally washed up the plastic storage tower I found on the side of the road last week. Will let it dry and then set it up.

Kitchen is clean. It is a start. Now thinking I should sort laundry and toss a load in the washer since I haven't done any in a few days.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just went to fortinos and spent `149.00-100.00 in points=49.00-2.50 checkout51=$46.20 i saved $7.84 in coupons .That was a nice haul for us ,glad i had the points to save this month.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I just went to fortinos and spent `149.00-100.00 in points=49.00-2.50 checkout51=$46.20 i saved $7.84 in coupons .That was a nice haul for us ,glad i had the points to save this month.
    Love PC Pts and free groceries!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Posted one item for sale a few minutes ago and have a porch pick up arranged for 5 today. Hopefully they show up and it gives me the umph to start posting again. ( i item of my mom's she gave me to get rid of so free $)
    Giseledta, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

long week. not sure on a 4 day work week.. but it was long. and tomorrow i finish my cpr.
    might try and do a early vote as well. ... maybe.. not sure.
    we have a bridgefest thing happening in my town. not going... anxsity... ugh.. i am full on expecting it to be a bit crazy... alot of crazy.

plan is .. cpr course.. then quick run to independednt... small shop.. back home.. hide.... laundry blah blah.. movie and crochet.
    sunday.. yard work.. . easy peasy.
    Bridge fest is a 2 min walk from my house...
    i know, i am double vac. , but.. still ugh.. people...

small doses i am ok.. 30 plus in a small area .. i am not good. .. getting better if i plan for it. grocery store, ect.. that i can handle.. but.. i fully expect 1000s being at this thing... 70 plus vendors, 4 food trucks, rotating bands... i would love to attend.. but.. ansxity.. any hoo..
    that is my little thing ..
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Was thrilled to see a Value Village clothing offer (Private sale 30% off clothing, shoes and accessories) on Wed. (can use offer 3x until sale ends on Sunday). Went to local store in afternoon after picking up branches from Tuesday's winds prior to rain. I did find a mocha colour racerback stretch top in lingerie (woohoo-a bit sung in large but I knew I could not leave without it) $8.99-30%, a pair of slip on Foamtread slippers for visiting female guests ($2.99-30%) and a Gilette blue mesh shaving kit bag (I think it was part of some holiday set last year) for $1.49 (now storing Bro's larger clothespegs). Felt good I found some things and was finally able to donate those three long sleeve tops and two eyelash yarn scarves as well. I did not like being asked my phone number at cash-not really private if everyone around can hear it?-so I will resume tucking my phone number on a card into my id case.

Dollarama-popped in to stock up on trash bags, 1 pop and 1 greeting card more suitable for weekend event (we have two cards at home and Mom said no to them; Bro is still working on her car and I decided Mom won't make it to a store before me, so I bought the card).Used most of remaining Visa prepaid card.

Longos-two tetra juices. Used Prepaid card-had to swipe several times as card slot was tight halfway down. Finally payment got accepted. Have 61 cents left on card-fine with that.

Did a Fortinos grocery stop on Wednesday on walk home-glad to have found sale Schneiders weiners $4.99 less 50% off stickers on the original packages so I got two pkgs. No luck no reduced priced buns so I paid sale price for two pkg of hot dog buns and picked up a PC Gigantico hamburger bun pkg too plus some reduced priced produce.

Tuesday night rain and the Thursday afternoon soaker rain were intense. On holiday Monday, our hydro winked off and on three times. I called Hydro One and rep had no idea why that occurred. I was watching Amazon Prime Video and noticed tv light froze and well, no tv for two minutes while reset happened and Cogeco router reset too.

Today I went to the library again. I managed to watch the last two tv leaders' debates on tv and stayed up until 12:30am to get a sense of what the Q&A period post-English debate was like and to hear journalists weigh in on impressions of each leader's performance. However, I still have not managed to research platforms.

I am glad to see two other members are spending time in their gardens. The plan was to have basil or parsley seeds in the garden by today but I'm not up to it. Will see about Monday-just to add something to the garden and let it sit overwinter. I don't want the weeding effort to go to waste otherwise it might be realistic to say to Mom, you are going to grow grass>>buy the seeds.

Have discovered that I can barely lift a 4ft folding plastic table up the stairs. I have to take the table back downstairs today and the plan is to slide it on its top while holding on to extended leg. Fun times.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My porch pick up is complete and I have a crisp $5 bill to start my new savings goal...... Will decide this weekend what the new goal is.

Such a crazy few days I decided to order pizza tonight. 50% off at Domino's which I couldn't find code (I had tossed paper with code) went to store and got code and ordered online to get sticker towards free pizza

DS is off with his friend to get pictures. (they are both little photographers with their fancy cameras)
    I started laundry so have a load ready to hang up to dry.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I actually miss picture days! @Frugalbigmama , how about asking the young men to take your family photo to mark 2021? For holiday card or desktop screensaver or 2022 calendar...
    Giseledta, barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@SassyAshley Repping you for having watermelon and the MacGyver plumbing repair! Do you have large sheets of thick white foamboard at work? To act as insulation for the wall that you think will not be repaired before winter? Just a thought. At the fairgrounds which held spring dinner theatres, the volunteers used such sheets to plug the doors facing the hall to help dampen kitchen cleanup sounds. One set of doors in hall were our exit/entrance doors and we had to be really quiet using them because people talk in kitchens...and we had our dinners and drink glasses in hand to find an empty table to enjoy our food and a bit of the show.

I like your intuition based on past experiences with repairs. Better anticipate a backup plan to help quell concerns that repairs won't be finished before winter until you get it in writing.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Giseledta So happy that you are getting in your garden time! What a thrill between the rainy weather and wind of late.
    I was actually thinking how I should stockpile some yardwaste bags soon. I just don't know how many to get-40 seems a starting point.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Mom needed to run some errands late this afternoon and she asked if I wanted to come for the ride. Normally I would say no but it has been a super long 4-day work week and I needed a break so figured why not.

Mom picked up her order and treated me a vanilla steamer.

On the way home we stopped at Wal-Mart for mice traps, grrrr, not sure how many we still have. Well we were there we grabbed a few other things, I needed more oregano oil and they had none. Checked the flyers and Zehrs has Vitamins on sale so stopped there on the way home, good new they had oregano oil bad news even on sale it was $7 more/bottle. Sadly I am in a flare up and need them so I had to grab them, could not see Rexall or Shoppers being any cheaper as they were not on sale there.

Got my bedding and the couch blankets washed today, did not get Mom's bedding done, there is always tomorrow.

Time to come up with a plan for the weekend, lots to get done so I need to prioritize.

Have a great Friday night everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Amazon Prime Video>Stack TV channel> has only the second season of Martha Knows Best. I have fallen in love with the quilted zip vests with cap sleeves that Martha wears in various colours. 2 show episodes are about Halloween, 2 episodes about Thanksgiving and 2 about Christmas.

My friend said Martha has her own clothing line-she's right. I found a 2019 QVC video but 2 colours are no longer available. Amazon.com has the vests 30% off at $59.99 US right now (Martha Stewart store). Sigh. More wishlist bookmarks on my laptop...vest would be perfect for Mom in the chocolate brown but the navy blue is a good alternate colour.

All you Star Wars Mandalorian fans-the Advent calendar is listed at $49.94 at Toys R US and Amazon.ca. In case you are planning X-mas gifts ahead of time for the fans on your shopping lists...

Noticed that TheBay has an extra clearance code on items from summer that are moving along. If you are looking for summer clothing for kids, you might get some good deals this weekend. There's 30% off women's clothing too and the Forever 21 marketplace vendor has some items in that sales category.

There will be no Halloween at this house. I'd like to think about pumpkin dishes to enjoy on the colder nights of late plus casseroles. Martha used hollowed pumpkins as soup bowls (and a very large pumpkin as her soup tureen) for her US Thanksgiving meal setup in the stable.

GroceryGateway.com has merged with the Longos website (per new Fall Experience magazine). Now you can order groceries, book classes and check your Thank You Rewards points on one website. On Sept. 14, the turkey/porchetta dinner kits can be ordered online (or via Personal Touch counters or phone now)-prices for kits rise on Sept. 20)
    Last edited by Ciel21; Fri, Sep 10th, 2021 at 08:01 PM.

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information