User Tag List

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree2229Likes

Thread: September 2021 frugal chatter; Almost Fall!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Downpour in progress for about 10min after steady rain of about 25min. Watched a wedding video to pass the time and it was time well spent. Three sort of ripe small tomatoes were collected during the limited sunshine in the afternoon. Glad I thought to check today.
    I was in a light to moderate rain earlier in afternoon, a few minutes after leaving home. I made it to the plazas without becoming a human sponge (win!). Mailed my election ballot too (thrilled)! No monetary treasure was found on the walk.

Returned 80 cents in beer/beverage containers and purchased two beers (it's been a weekend of strangeness). Went to Fortinos and found out vaccines doses are booked only 1 week in advance. I could get dose two next week (21 days on Tuesday)but I want it at end of Sept *presumably I will still be able to walk to pharmacy at that time*. Bought my yard bags (points!), one 2L pop and one 2L club soda plus bandages and a reduced price ($1.27~ on clearance rack)8 pack of small hooks (not 3M Command but I need something to hold masks and to hold my various shopping totes). Let's hope the adhesive backings hold when I apply them to doorframe and back of room door tonight!

Such was this day that something unexpected had to become known. Whilst Mom renewed her health card, she failed to notice that her driver's licence expired last Friday. Yours truly was not happy after all the drama about the appt for health card and having helped Mom get her plate sticker a week prior. Well, today she put the plate sticker on and FINALLY applied her CAA sticker on the window (I've been on her case for at least 2 years about this sticker). Suggesting that she give up driving did not go well for me. Next renewal in 5 yrs' time means she'll be 80 and have to do the annual print exam and get her eye test. At least Bro finished with her car repairs today and Mom had plans to go out on errands until she decided to look at her driver's licence.

If the early morning weather does not have rain, I may venture out to another grocery store to find some food and pie. But if there's rain, I can make do with what's remaining in the house until evening. Let my yard waste bags make it onto the collection truck tomorrow--not keen to have shovel a split bag (one bag is probably at risk of splitting due to soggy weekend).

The quick cook oatmeal expired in June but since a bag costs over $3 now, I am keeping it. It was very delightful to eat porridge for a change for breakfast. Do need to get cereal.

Longos.com refreshed their website recently and has their online grocery shopping service there. Tomorrow, porchetta and turkey meal kits can be ordered online via the website for October's Thankgiving. Kit prices increase next Monday (aka Election Day in Canada).
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Angela _273 Woohoo at your raspberry canes find! They will be fun next summer for harvesting. Do you have any cutting back of canes to do? Delighted at your garden harvest. Sounds like you have a golden tenant too.
    Something work related is sure to come soon. You had your hands full with two houses to sort out plus getting family ready for new school year.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

So our area had a lovely storm last night.. and for the 4th time this year.... we lost big branches off the 2 large trees....... that sound is me screaming.. the trees will be coming down next week..... a bunch of money. ugh

sold 1 item, it has been picked up, got a co 51 cheque and a caddle one as well.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Giseledta Is there any downpour of rain going on in your area right now? It's still kind of heavy rain here (eavestroughs are getting fairly thorough cleaning). Wish the rain would find some wildfires to douse. Don't know which weather system brought yesterday's and today's rain. Plus more tomorrow.

Hope there are no power issues. We had flickering lights yesterday. So far, lights are behaving tonight.
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

not yet..... we are due to get rain soon... sigh... we are set to get more rain tomorrow......
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We had non stop rain Sunday and did the drive to the in-laws in a heavy rain fog that did not improve on the trip home. We celebrated FIL 95th bday. The LTC has family dining rooms and my brother in law and a dear friend of FIL joined. We could only have 8 people that was enough for my MIL. DS1 made a chocolate mousse as MIL can longer have solids and she has has a sweet tooth so this was very well received. I finally defrosted the upright freezer and I am sure I have shared before but this makes my so happy when it’s tidy and I know what we have on hand.
    tomorrow DS1 turns 21, how is that possible. We will celebrate on the weekend with a dinner out.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One of the first lowrise condo buildings in town usually has at least one unit for sale every month. Was looking online at the recently renovated unit just listed (lots of renos in that building this year esp in spring). A lot of seniors live in that building, plus some families/couples and I assume single adult persons of whatever age (there are definitely a lot of dog owners too as I often come across them on the sidewalk in the area). Two things stand out-the bathtub does not have an accessible door/built in seat and the shower unit has a raised base. Given that many Canadians are getting older plus likely to be on crutches or use mobility devices due to accidents or injuries or health conditions, why wouldn't bathrooms be made more accessible? They'd be less tripable (sometimes it's hard to lift feet high enough clear of steps and curbs and then the balance gets jolted).
    Pet peeve: dark engineered wooden floors, dark beige walls and white baseboards. Please paint the baseboards to match the wall paint.

When I have seen open dumpster bins (in the front parking lot) during a condo reno, I can tell if the previous owner still had the original bathroom fixtures from when condo opened 30-35 yrs ago. I don't know if condo board controls how much change/updating goes on in units. But it seems a failure to acknowledge accessibility issues when updating a condo unit. Accessible housing for ownership or even short term stays (online posts and there have indicated a need for accessible short term apartments post-surgery for people whose homes aren't accessible but they are not willing to go into respite stays at retirement homes (cost). There was a post looking for Hamilton accommodation and I literally cannot think of such housing except for the 30 day stays at hotels (usually have accessible units) or special needs group housing run by non-profit entities. Untapped real estate market need?
    Last edited by Ciel21; Mon, Sep 13th, 2021 at 10:06 PM.
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Giseledta One of the most interesting things on Martha Knows Best season is the episode where she shows viewers her piles of fallen wood, scraps and animal manure. Once per year, she has a tub grinding firm come to run the wood through the grinder twice then to blend the various piles to make black gold for garden use. Maybe see if you can see a tub grinder in action in your area or just watch Martha's show if you have Stack TV streaming (HGTV).

I don't think a tub grinder has ever visited the local fairgrounds. Now it's fair season in Southern Ontario...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Considering getting a Miele appliance? Check out the current promotions, one of which is 10% off the price or 10 year extended warranty on the purchase of any Miele major appliance.
    https://ca.miele.ca/en/Promotions

Separate promotions for laundry pair, vacuum cleaners and dishwashers. Happy shopping!
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Flashfood little brag ( flashfood maxi and cie)(yesterday)
    Chicken Skewers (4) (brochettes) bb today but we have those as yesterday dinner reg:12$ I paid 6$
    Bacon Cheddar sausages small package reg:6$paid 2,99$ bb tomorrow and it is tomorrow dinner
    Small St-Hubert lorraine quiche bb sept 14 reg:3$ paid 1,50$
    saving of 50%!!!
    I love when they have deals like that but it is not everyday...
    Angela273, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    @Angela_273 Woohoo at your raspberry canes find! They will be fun next summer for harvesting. Do you have any cutting back of canes to do? Delighted at your garden harvest. Sounds like you have a golden tenant too.
    Something work related is sure to come soon. You had your hands full with two houses to sort out plus getting family ready for new school year.
    There are maybe 6 raspberry plants in total. They look pretty young, so no need to cut them back.
    cath007, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Hi everyone !!! Busy day today and it did not went like expected...
    I will go to bed after this post but this evening I was so tired that I crashed 2 hours on the couch..lol
    Maxi and cie had friskies in stock this time but only a few bags so I took 2 bags at reg ;6,98$ sale 4,98$ minus 1,00$ purina mailed coupon x2=3,98$
    Purchased 4 chewy cereal bars with coupons 2 separate receipt but was refuted for the quaker 2 $ coupons promo...i saud receipt could not be verified..not sure of the problem....I was buying the cereal bars because they where cheap after coupons but that would have been nice
    Frugual no expenses of the day: I made a cushion for eve..with a pet blanket and a old pillowcase cushion will see if she like it because a pet bed cushion is expensive
    And I put my from the promo many years ago kelloggs mats under stella cat litter because she put the litter all over the place..so it will be a little bit more easy to clean oop:0$ I paid the transporter cage 60$ for hier so no more money to spend on gadgets

Received 1 trade too.That was nice!!! With those nescafe coupons and the sale dad is stocked on coffee..the coupon is better than getting points

Dinner was the chicken skewers (brochettes) with macaroni salad,patatoes salad and penne salad...rapsberries for dessert they where 3 container for 6$ or 2$ each
    but the line up because only 2 tills where open and no express line was a nightmare
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I did a major crisis of panick due to stress this afternoon and it did not pass....So I went to CLSC to have help.I had waited 4 hours to have an appointement but it was worthed..now I will receive the help I need and it was good to be understand about my beloved mother and brother it feel good to have another ears than the familly ones...they are a bit tired of that and I cannot blame theirs
    Forget to mention that I walked to go at my appointement maybe 2 km plus the 2 km I walk everyday so I am tired..but will get use to it
    Watched the upcoming flyers nothing so much interresting no o sole mio in sale grrr

Alright have a good night
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Sep 14th, 2021 at 01:19 AM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning!!!! Only 10 dregres this morning..brrrr
    I had a rollercoaster kind of a day yesterday and was a bit sick du to that..hope it will be better today despite de lack if sleep.
    News about stella: Stella and Eve dont like each other.....Eve eat Stella food and vice versa...Stella put litter all over the floor and want to go outside poor little muffins.......And she destroyed by bitting her bag of food..she is a crwazy cat hahahah hope it will improve by the time....

Alright have a wonderful day

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

whiskas dry cat food recall:
    https://www.whiskas.ca/en/update
    Ciel21 likes this.

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information