User Tag List

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree2229Likes

Thread: September 2021 frugal chatter; Almost Fall!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Another night of good deep sleep, it is wonderful.

Up this morning and taking care of some work stuff, I was covering a manager yesterday so I fell a little behind on my own work.

They finished pulling apart the basement yesterday so now it is time to clean up. There is Drywall Dust everywhere grrrr.

Then I need to figure out how to reconfigure my pantry without putting shelves against the front wall and keep space for when they come to do the waterproofing. I think I know how I can make sure but will see once I start moving things around.

I think I am going to toss some pierogies in the slow cooker for dinner and serve that with a Salad tonight. I think it is supposed to be warm later today so perfect day for a slow cooker meal, plus I love when dinner time rolls around and dinner is ready to go.

Have a great Friday everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Off to walmart to get a giftcard ,going to take out hubby's sister (he only has one)for lunch at a local restaurant and give her a gift bag with teatowels ,dishclothes and a gift card .Missed her birthday end of august(i was so busy) ,so thought this would be a nice treat ,she doesnt have much as she is on a disability .Plus went thru a few tops and she said she will take them .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I started substitute teaching this week. Our province’s Covid rates continue to be concerningly high, so our provincial government finally announced provincial mandates. We are now required to wear masks in public indoor spaces, self isolate if a close contact, and a version of a Covid vaccine passport is now being created. There is a Covid outbreak at a long term care facility in my community in addition to Covid in some schools. It’s not good.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Sep 17th, 2021 at 08:18 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Angela273 yay for getting some teaching hours.
    the weather is amazing so I ditched work on time for a change and headed down to the river to paddle. This river feeds into Lake Ontario so I passed by a lot of amazing and very large boats. The colours are starting to change and it was a much longer journey than I expected. So I was very pleased when the family decided on pizza for dinner. Yesterday was a good mail day. My checkout 51 cheque and my Kellogg’s coupons arrived. There seems to be so few opportunities to save so these little wins are nice.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Frugalbigmama You scored getting that 50% off housewares! I got a 30% off offer for same category.
    @SassyAshley Yes, your vacuum cleaner is going to be your drywall cleanup buddy each night that anyone works in the basement. See if you can find those flimsy plastic clear dropsheets at dollar store (bedsheets might work but dust will still get through the weave) to drape over your pantry shelving and any other areas like laundry sink or appliances to minimize cleanup times and tape them overlapping each other .Bonus points if you put a cardboard cover on the laundry washer in case tools get placed on top (to minimize scratches). Once you get into a routine of vacuuming each time and sweeping or clearing out corners/crevices, it just becomes easier to do first thing before running laundry or puttering among the shelves or other things. Are the workers taking out the old drywall and disposing of it themselves, since they took down the drywall?
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Managed to get my noontime shopping done. The humidity made its presence known as I was nearing the edge of the SmartCentre when the sun came out in force. Skipped Value Village even though I could see some racks outside (not a frequent situation) and checked out Giant Tiger's $25 puffer vests for women (large is a tad snug across hips for me but XL is too big) and tops. Got the orange (only flavour at local store) EmergenC for $9.97, 2 cucumbers, $2 reduced pkg of apple caramel cakes, and $3.88 ON pears (bit tough but juicy!). Then to Longos for instant lottery ticket (to get entered into 100000 TYR pts contest-no win on my lottery ticket) and some watermelon lemonade. I hadn't noticed the refrigerated endcap of lemonades past health items-could not find bevvie in produce but some stock was in the juice aisle. Also picked up reduced bell pepper four pack for $2.99 (prices have tended to be in upper $3 range for 4 previously so thought this price was a score).

I'll be recycling two of my beloved t-shirts into rags as the necklines have stretched enough to be an issue for me. I have a third one still good for some more weeks of wear. Want to see if I can find a couple of short/long sleeve tops I can layer under sweaters on colder days. So close to cutting up one camisole top after two years of wear and stretch. Need to get the cotton camisole version soon.

Don't have spare $113 to chase the Happy Her or Home gift card (both have Indigo and The Bay stores listed on them) offer at Fortinos to get those 10000 pts or spree at Indigo (Baggu masks are 40% off and I want to get one pack to retire my 2020 handkerchief masks. I love sliding rubber glides on mask bands-so easy to adjust).

Plan to watch rest of BBQ Brawl on Food Network tonight-season 2 is interesting but I'm certain they did not film once per week. They probably did film back to back days. Crew did a good job with set design. Wonder if that town is real or created for the show.
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!! Happy Saturday!!! I am so glad it is the week end and to have some «me» time lol.
    My trade worked out great,I think today on the menu to order some compagnies coupons and a bit of cleaning...
    Have a wonderful day !!!
    barbis9, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Today I picked up 10 lb bags of carrots, beets and rutabaga for 3.97 this morning at No Frills. Will share with family-and I feel some borscht coming on. Liz

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Ciel21 honestly that is what surprised me was last time they sent people in to do work, again drywall, when the ceilings caved in from the roof leak. They came in and they put tarps down in the rooms they were working on and they really cleaned up after themselves. You never would have known they were there.

Yes, anything they rip out they are hauling out except the studs. They are storing those in the basement as they say they can reuse them when they replace the drywall. But honestly, this part confuses me as we were told they would not be replacing the drywall and either we needed to hire someone to do it or go through our insurance but now they are making sound like the replacing it but not until May or June of next year. They do not want to replace it until May or June to make sure the leaks have been fixed and no more flooding. I am confused but I guess we will find out more in the days/weeks to come as they come today to quote the basement waterproofing.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up and out early this morning to do our grocery shopping. It was one of those let's just get it done moments. I know I should be focusing on the basement but we also needed other things like Milk. I thought about just going to our local store and grabbing what we "needed" but decided nope let's just get the shopping done as there were items on sale I could not get locally.

RCSS:
    2 x No Name Flour 10 KG $7.98 - Never used this brand before but missed the Robinhood sale last week
    2 x Broccoli $0.98
    1 x Lime 907g bag $2.97
    1 x Apples 6lbs $4.98
    1 x Romaine 6-pack $5.98 - Same as Costco
    3 x Peppers $0.98/lb
    1 x Green Grapes $1.98/lb

Freshco
    4 x Cucumbers $0.99
    1 x Acorn Squash $0.69/lb
    1 x Butternut Squash $0.69/lb
    3 x Plum Tomatoes $0.99/lb
    **They were out of Zucchini which was my reason for going to this store

Wal-Mart
    3 x Mushrooms $0.84
    3 x Eggs (12-Pack) $1.97
    2 x Sugar $1.47 - Missed the $0.97 sale last week
    1 x Parmesan Shreds $4 - We are out of parm and I need some for a couple recipes this week and not sure when I will make it Costco
    2 x Butter $3.97 - This seems to be the new sale price - We have some in freezer but wanted a few more

Food Basics
    1 x Silk $2.97
    1 x Orange Juice $2.97
    2 x Ground Beef $2.88/lb - Need to make Meatballs & Meatloaves for the freezer
    1 x English Muffins $0.99
    4 x Beef Broth $1.44 - My Costco does not carry Beef
    1 x Lemons $2.98
    **They did not have yogurt and I forgot to get sour cream

I was planning to go to No Frills after I dropped off the groceries to get Zucchini, Yogurt and few things they had on sale but they are paving our road and getting in and out is tricky so I will leave No Frills for another day.

Now it is time to ingredient prep and get what we need ready for week.

Have a great Saturday everyone
    barbis9, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Angela273 : Congratulations on the substitute teacher contract!!! Yay for you
    Angela273, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@SassyAshley : Good luck with your basement.Awesome deals that you got at the grocery!!!
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to indigo this morning and got my "rocky mountain lavender set " a treat for me nice soap,body butter,and hand lotion .Love this company i did buy some a few years back when we went out west.

Then i noticed a few crafts set on sale buy 2 get 3rd free,so got a 3-d dinosaur and book for sebastian and 2 craft sets for the girls & came to 7.50 each ,will put away for xmas or hang on til easter -who knows .

I popped over to shoppers got my milk ,muffins ,popcorn and 2 butter 2.99 each special for me in my p.c ads .

I feel so tired today but managed to wash my towels and hung outside .

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I made another trade in en fb couponning group for tims hortons iced cappucino coupon 2,50$ wub2 that could be found in royale boxes tissue in wm apparently....It is a 7$ saving booklet. I posted a picture of the coupons i am searching in the coupon section.Hope to find others in others trades because tim hortons beverages are expensive but so good..a treat !!!
    Have a good evening and night!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Was up and out of house at 530am so was fading at 6pm tonight so decided to go to RCSS and Food Basics so I didn't fall asleep.

Grabbed a few deals (.94 face masks) Free Scop'd Cheetos mac and cheese for funny stocking stuffer.
    Picked up the baskets of nectarines and pears for $2.88 at Basics.
    Need to clean out the fridge tomorrow and prep some veggies.

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information