User Tag List

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree2229Likes

Thread: September 2021 frugal chatter; Almost Fall!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My dear son called me from work to wish me a happy birthday on his lunch.

I got my books from the library as i now have more time to read and my vaccine passport laminated free from the library.There was a few older people ahead of me(in their 70 or early 80's) getting their vaccine passport laminated and they sounded so excited to be able to feel safer going out to restaraunts .
    walkonby, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

*** Friendly reminder*****Dont forget to save yours pc offers!!!! I just did mine!!!!
    SassyAshley, GoodBoy and Ciel21 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    morning everyone its my '62 nd birthday today -first day of fall and first day to use show our vaccine passports,so happy to go out to kelseys with hubby tonight plus free dessert always nice.

Plus my anniversary,when i made reservations last week on the phone the guy said "oh double whammy" i laughed.

Yes ceil seen on the news last night they were laminating the vaccine passports for free at the library.So i will try to go today before i babysit the girls after they get off the bus .
    @coupon girl : Happy Birthday to you!!! And good anniversary to you and your husband!!! Enjoy your dinner out!!!
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!
    Today was ok with life project.
    Still have tooth pain but I take strong tylenol pill for it.
    I will order more coupons by email...I hope my mail will enter soon...I listed the things I am supposed to receive
    Time to order more compagnies coupons per email !!! Colgate-Palmolive site was down for chatting again so I did phoned ..the lady was terrible speaking and understanding my adress...just hope to receive the coupons
    Have a good evening and night,yay more than half of the week is gone!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Heavier rain in the past hour. Past few minutes, I heard several sirens head onto Hwy 403 so there's a situation on the roads in Ancaster.

This morning, I indulged with some Prime Video time watching Satchie's Kitchen. Recommend turning captions on as she's a New Zealander who also speaks Japanese. Her English switches between New Zealand phrases (what does tossing noodles into a chook mean? Microwave oven?) and English spoken as by someone who drops consonants as a second language speaker. Then there is her use of we-could mean as Japanese, as New Zealanders and once as chefs/cooks of Japanese cuisine? Four episodes in, I figured that out besides her enthusiasm for food. Whoever did the captioning put some errors in. Erring sauce is actually mirin (the audio and captioned words disagree regularly) for example. And whenever the host speaks Japanese, the captioning indicates (speaking in a foreign language). Why not just state Japanese? The only two caption language options are English or German (Deutsch). The living museum of Ramen is worthwhile viewing!

I only ventured outside to take out the trash and get the mail. Bro noticed some smaller branches had fallen and thought I should have collected them. Body was saying no to being upright for most of morning so I took a nap or brought a throw and pillow to couch to watch shows.

Likely will get the weekly paper tomorrow some time. Plan to look for digital flyers to see what other specials await us.
    cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@coupon girl Happy Birthday and Anniversary today! Glad you did something special for yourself and DH! May you have many more wonderful years of adventure and happiness together.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Happy Birthday and anniversary @coupongirl I hope you hadn’t lovely dinner.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thank you everyone ,yes our meal at the keg was lovely and intimate in a small booth .They have a new item on their menu short ribs with small apple pieces(au jus)and roasted brusell sprouts,well i decided on it and let me tell you it was a bit burnt on the edges ,so the assistant manager was walking around asking whomever ordered it how they enjoyed it -so i told her i didnt .I only ate a bit of it and i had it before in the summer at spencers on the waterfront and it fell apart .

No worries let us make you another dish will only take 15 minutes ,so i said yes hubby was eating his steak slow -this time it was melt in your mouth but i took some home as i was stuffed from the garlic potatoes and they also said your meal is on us the short rib wow wow how nice plus dessert was on them as it was my birthday .So in the end great service and i gave the waitress a nice extra tip.I still got to use my 50.00 giftcard also so really great service and nice meal.

The process went very fast with customers showing their vaccine passports ,some on their phones ,some like myself just showed the laminated version plus our drivers license.So nice to be in a restaurant were all the patrons were double vaccinated.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Sep 23rd, 2021 at 12:08 PM.
    cath007, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

woo hoo!! Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary @coupon girl !! Wishing you many many more on both milestones!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Ijust checked my pc offers quickly and they are pretty good this week with the 4 ones I saved !!! Happy
    Anf I have a special offer to bad it is 1 time only of 6 000 pc points wub deliccioo pan seared pizza and it is 6,49$ at maxi youou pizza tonight
    We have in our city at community center sale of used books at a ridiculous prize so I will go with father of coarse I need books to read.
    And they will do a fall market too should be interesting!!!!
    walkonby, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!! Happy Tuesday!!! Yesterday I went to bed very earlier so I got up at 5;30 am huh...
    We will check if we can change our small outsides chairs to new ones,they are old and finish
    I have a few reasonnable second hands stores I will go
    Have a fabulous day!!!
    wow 21 degres it is awesome in the end of september comparated to the 7 degres the morning last week so no coat is required today
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For those of you that know or interacted with @cabmonk here on SC he is doing well.

Here is an article about him and a video interview from June 2021

https://northernontario.ctvnews.ca/t...hers-1.5468011

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I was supposed to be covering a manager today but got a text at 5:30 this morning, change in plans. So I get an unexpected working from home day. I will take advantage of this day to get caught up on some work things but also try to get a few extra things done around the house.

I checked the towels this morning and they are still dry, yippee, looks like we made it through this rainfall with no flooding. I was really worried we would flood this time with the wall being down.

I have been taking an hour the last few days to clean up my work stuff. I try to work as paper free as possible but I always keep a sheet of paper beside me as I work to write things done. The only issue is all of these papers are piling up as most of them one or two things writing on them I still need to work on. So I have been going through finishing up anything I can that will not take a lot of time and anything I cannot focus on right now is going on a long term to-do-list.

Last night I ended up making Loaded Baked Potato Soup for dinner, it wasn't on my meal plan but it felt like a good Soup or Stew kind of night. It will too late for Stew so decided on Loaded Baked Potato. I also pulled a few Cookie Dough Balls from the freezer and baked off some Chocolate Chips Cookies for dessert.

Tonight's dinner is a mystery as I was not expecting to be home all day. So far not cravings we will see how I feel as the day goes on.

Happy Thursday Everyone
    walkonby, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Laundry on the go. I can't put it off any longer.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Furnace and air conditioning paid off with our savings -a good thing as that was a substancial bill.

Off to pick up my pictures at walmart then on to wath the girls for a bit after they get off the school bus .

My sister-in-law called last night to wish me a happy birthday as my dear older brother cant remember short term anymore,she is getting help come in for him twice a week to shower him ,as she hurt her back in a fall(off a stool) a few months ago plus she needs the help ,so family doctor okayed it -thankfull for her as it is a lot f work taking care of him .

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information