• 2 Post By GoodBoy
  • 1 Post By Ciel21
  • 1 Post By JDI007
  • 1 Post By win-star

Thread: Best cordless home phone?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is loud, has call display. Answering machine.

I think I want to stay away from Vtech brand.
    I had a 2 Vtech phones. First one, the answering machine stopped working after a while. Second one, was super quiet(even when volume at full) and some phone numbers were not showing up on call display which was a huge problem.

I just want a good, reliable cordless phone that works good! and has all features working.

Any recommendations please
    Thank you!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Ciel21 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can I get some recommendations please? or direct me to a place where I can get good reviews? What brand of home phones do y'all have?

I need to purchase something asap. My current Vtech has issues. I can't continue using it.
    Ciel21 likes this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have an AT&T Brand. Likely purchased at The Source or Staples or something like that. It does the job. Cannot complain. Has a base unit and three remotes in addition. Cannot comment on Call Display as we do not use it.
    JDI007 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Our house used to have the Phillips 4 handsets with bases plus answering machine. The answering machine still works but the phone handsets all have failed one after another. Cannot reset message without working handset. Small window on each handset with black digits showing number you enter and length of call. We did not subscribe to Call Display so no idea how it'd work on handsets. One handset was with the answering machine and a second was in the rec room. Think the dampness contributed to dropped calls and connection issues and short battery life. We cycled through the other handsets as first two failed at some points. Also handsets started not to hold much of a battery charge even after a long wait on the base.

I really dislike red LED digits on the answering machine (it's in the living room where a second phone jack exists-it's a constant annoyance to hear someone checking messages while another person is watching tv, so I'd recommend something that can stay with main handset if possible). I have often wanted to get a V-Tech unit with green LED digits.

Our main phone is a non-cordless desk/wall model unit Bell Vista 200 or something-mounted in kitchen. Good big black digits on display when entering a number or going through directory to choose a saved number. There have been 2 or 3 times when it seems that phone was acting up. On one Bell service tech visit, we learned that phone battery in unit can fail. Thought the phone was powered by wall jack and cord plugged in for the display!

You would not want to live with me-I try to keep the phone ringer as low as possible!
    JDI007 likes this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Our house used to have the Phillips 4 handsets with bases plus answering machine. The answering machine still works but the phone handsets all have failed one after another. Cannot reset message without working handset. Small window on each handset with black digits showing number you enter and length of call. We did not subscribe to Call Display so no idea how it'd work on handsets. One handset was with the answering machine and a second was in the rec room. Think the dampness contributed to dropped calls and connection issues and short battery life. We cycled through the other handsets as first two failed at some points. Also handsets started not to hold much of a battery charge even after a long wait on the base.I really dislike red LED digits on the answering machine (it's in the living room where a second phone jack exists-it's a constant annoyance to hear someone checking messages while another person is watching tv, so I'd recommend something that can stay with main handset if possible). I have often wanted to get a V-Tech unit with green LED digits.Our main phone is a non-cordless desk/wall model unit Bell Vista 200 or something-mounted in kitchen. Good big black digits on display when entering a number or going through directory to choose a saved number. There have been 2 or 3 times when it seems that phone was acting up. On one Bell service tech visit, we learned that phone battery in unit can fail. Thought the phone was powered by wall jack and cord plugged in for the display!You would not want to live with me-I try to keep the phone ringer as low as possible!
    Aww I understand that The phone I have now is a Vtech with green lighted digits, this one here: Name:  71V1OxjVZhL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  8.5 KBThe only thing is, it's quiet on the line when talking to someone the other person hears you as quieter, and when checking messages they are quiet. Just my experience. Which made me disappointed because before this one I had this Vtech: Name:  56546.png
Views: 259
Size:  255.4 KBand I loved it! it was normal sound, the only thing after 6 years the answering machine stopped working :/ don't know why. I mean if you called you could hear the answering machine picking up but at home it doesn't sound. Checked all sorts of settings/volumes everything was on..still answering machine would not work.I will try changing battery in my old one. If that doesn't help I may try to find the old model again or most likely get a different brand, because the current green vtech is quiet. I'm often downstairs and the phone is upstairs so I like to have it so loud I can hear people recording messages from downstairs lol.
    Last edited by JDI007; Thu, Oct 21st, 2021 at 01:27 PM.
    Ciel21 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love the green digits on first V-Tech image but think the style of second unit is snazzier.

About the sound issue-probably some contact or circuit area is corroded or has buildup. Think most electronics of the 21st century are made not to last forever. If humidity does not get the circuitry, something else will impact the unit.

I still have a Hong Kong made alarm clock-rarely can hear it if it does sound off (used to be louder) but I've had it for 35years and won't pitch it. I don't wish to damage my clock by taking it apart and using the can of contact cleaner spray that Bro purchased to use on old stove circuitry (when the LED Display panel was acting up-it was a cheap move to see if panel could be saved, but he had to buy a new panel Stateside (cheaper) to replace the original one).
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Panasonic!!
    dededi likes this.

Thread Information