User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: whatever happened to well.ca?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Gosh, I have tried to give well.ca a second chance, but they are taking a long time to fill my (simple) order. I wish I hadn't tried them again. They used to be so much fun to shop at, but now their sales are mediocre at best. Combine that with slower fulfillment and shipping times and I just don't see the appeal anymore.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    bluerose, Lynn49, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I ordered from them a few weeks ago, the speed of the order was the same as usual.

I don't order from them as often as I used to, though - their prices are expensive.
    bluerose, Silk, Lynn49 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

In my last order they forgot to put a item in the box and gave me no problem and shipped the missing item,There items are more expensive than maybe other places but I purchased some flavoring's like pure vanilla on sale and I am sure it was less expensive than the local nature store. I found there a bit slower in processing orders but not by much they sure do have a big inventory.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Their customer service is second to none, that is for sure. I miss shopping with them, but find their prices too high. They were taking a couple of days just to fill my order, and I found that a little frustrating compared to other on-line companies. Amazon.ca, for example, fills orders right away. Well.ca used to be like this, but seem to have slowed down for some reason. I wish it wasn't so, because they are a Canadian company, and I do wish them well. (no pun intended. )
    Silk, macw1960, toronto166 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I noticed this too! I used to buy something specific from them that would save me a trip from the specialty store. But they raised their shipping minimum to $29 which means I'd have to buy 5 or 6 packs, and gosh I have no storage space for all that. Would add food but their prices have just been so high recently and foods I used to buy from them have all been discontinued. Haven't shopped there in about a year. Also received surveys about rating samples but I had not received samples from them.

They do have great customer service that's for sure. And things were packed with so much care, I just wish their selection would widen and their prices even come down a dollar or so. Sometimes items you can buy for $9 in the store are $14 at Well
    Silk, Lynn49, macw1960 and 3 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I also find that their prices are quite inflated, compared to local stores in my area. I think the only value Well.ca would offer would be to those in remote areas who do not have access to Walmart, Shoppers Drugs Mart, etc.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I only recently started using well.ca as it's the only place in Canada I can purchase my unsweetened whey protein powder, but I find the shipment time incredibly fast. If I order on a Monday I have my package by Wed or Thurs at the latest using the regular free shipping. Poking around for everyday items I can pick up at Walmart though, they do seem a bit higher.
    Last edited by TaraF; Tue, May 31st, 2016 at 09:44 AM.
    Lynn49, barbis9, macw1960 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I've ordered from them before because the prices were better than what I had found in stores here, but as you all said, that's not the case, now. I wonder why they don't offer "Flex Delivery" through Canada Post...isn't that a free pick-up service? I know that WalMart has that offer for the products I searched and their prices on the items I looked for were lower than those at Well.
    Oh, Well...moving on, I guess, although I did love their customer service, notifications and fast delivery.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    I also find that their prices are quite inflated, compared to local stores in my area. I think the only value Well.ca would offer would be to those in remote areas who do not have access to Walmart, Shoppers Drugs Mart, etc.
    Yes, I think that's what it's meant to be, serving smaller communities for example. They aren't competing with mass merchandisers.

Another option is
    https://www.healthsnap.ca/

I've ordered from there several times.

For those of you in ON, they have free shipping to pharmacies, check on their site.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Yes, I think that's what it's meant to be, serving smaller communities for example. They aren't competing with mass merchandisers.

Another option is

For those of you in ON, they have free shipping to pharmacies, check on their site.
    Yes, that is what I did....went to Healthsnap.ca and happily saved about $3.00 on a $12 item. Bought enough for free shipping.
    P.S. They did charge me Quebec Provincial and the Federal taxes, though, on Stevia. I don't pay tax on that anywhere else. HealthSnap.ca was not very nice when I asked them about it. I won't shop there again.
    Last edited by GatineauGirl; Thu, Jun 16th, 2016 at 04:48 PM.
    Natalka, Lynn49, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks so much for this new site! I can't wait to explore it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

Another option is

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ordered from well.ca yesterday around 11am, received shipping email around 3pm and tracking number says it's out for delivery today. I usually buy "specialty items" that I can't get elsewhere or they are more expensive elsewhere. I also have used them for gifts (not sure whether or not they still do giftwrapping, didn't check) and for shipping to dd at university.

I used to get the same quick service from amazon but now only when we pay for it (prime).
    Lynn49, barbis9, dededi and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I wait till I need several items and than I will order from them. They do have some items that are difficult to find in stores and I hate shopping at Walmart.

For those that shop at Walmart - I noticed several customers opening personal care items and smelling them, putting their hands in the product and than putting them back on the shelf......there wasn't an employee to be seen. It has made me consider other stores for personal care items that are not sealed.
    Natalka, Lynn49, maple7 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have always have good experience with Well.ca.

It's always fast for me. There was only one time where they filled the order wrong. I ordered 6-7 bottles of various Method cleaners. Instead of window cleaner, I received a bottle of bathroom cleaner which is cheaper. They are both blue, it was an honest mistake. I called the customer service to adjust the price, she instead told me to keep the bottle and will dispatch the correct item for free immediately. I received the window cleaner within 48 hours along with a lot of free samples.

Their prices is fair, they offer quality products with good service. I don't shop with them as much now only because they've stopped carrying the iron pill (Feramax) that I buy regularly.

I agree with barbis 9, I'd be cautious shopping in stores.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

For the Well.ca fans-
    Well.ca is opening soon!
    Well.ca, Canada's leading online destination for health, beauty, baby and Green & Natural brands is excited to open at CF Sherway Gardens in mid-October!
    The store will showcase 1000 of the most popular brand and products on Well.ca, including many of their favourite Canadian brands. The store will also have great holiday gift ideas for everyone on your list and hundreds of fabulous stocking stuffers!
    From the CF Sherway Gardens e-newsletter I received. Might be worth a visit to handle some things if you are in the GTA or can drive in for a day.
    barbis9 and dededi like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information