User Tag List

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By greeny
  • 3 Post By bhlombardy
  • 1 Post By greeny

Thread: Bell Satellite (issue with PVR).

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, not sure where to post.

My PVR stopped working. I can still watch any channel, I just can't access saved programs/movies, record any new ones, or pause a show/movie. A message comes up saying to unplug the machine for a minute and plug it back in. This did nothing. I reset the machine, still nothing. It gives a reference code 0521. Anyone ever get this and what was the solution? Would really like to take care of it myself and not have to call Bell. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

My Bell receiver is model 9241 if that matters.
    This thread is currently associated with: Bell
    dededi and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used to do third-party repairs on these... Code 0521 is a hard drive failure.

And you can't just swap it with any harddrive. It has to be a specific make and model with a firmware that the receiver will recognize.
    (there were different brands and models, but once a specific brand/model was paired to your machine, you pretty much had to stick with that model for replacements)

That said, that model (9241) is considerably old and out of date that you probably wouldn't be able to acquire a hard drive for it that would be compatible, I'm afraid.

--

ADDED:
    If you are working at attempting to open it and remove the hard drive (nothing to lose, right?) be sure that the model AND revision of the replacement harddrive (should you find one) be an exact match. For example: Western Digital
    WD3200AAJS was one particular model. But further on the label it had an extended model # which included: WD3200AAJS-57PD80 (for example)-- that extended portion indicates a revision in the control board/firmware that (depending on the model) may be an indicator of compatibility. So be wary of that. In some cases that extended portion didn't matter, and in some it did. It's been so long since I worked on these, my memory is hazy on models at this point.

I dont know how much more I can help, but if you do open it and get the model # off the drive (maybe post a pic of the harddrive's label), I'll see what I can remember.

Last edited by bhlombardy; Wed, Sep 29th, 2021 at 11:36 AM.
    greeny, walkonby and Ciel21 like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you so much for the help...unfortunately this is way out of my realm. Guess I'll just have to call Bell. Honestly though, thank you for replying.
    Last edited by greeny; Mon, Oct 4th, 2021 at 10:49 AM.
    Ciel21 likes this.

Thread Information