User Tag List

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2430Likes

Thread: October 2021 Frugal chatter (& autumnal leaf colour watch)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl my cousin's kids were only back in school for 2 weeks and had already brought home a cold
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ended up making Homemade Burgers with Oven Poutine for dinner, it was a craving and worked for me.

Got a few things done around the house today, mainly got the kitchen cleaned. We had quite a few baking pans/dishes that needed to be washed by hand.

I have started working on my to-do-list and ingredient/meal prep list for next week. I am already working on my meal plan, it looks like next week we slide back into fall like temps so I added in some soups & stews.

I am looking for some new recipes to bake this weekend, I have some fruits to use up and feel like something different so we shall see what pinterest brings me. Thinking some muffins would be nice, I found a recipe for Cranberry Orange Muffins I might try this weekend. Also found a recipe for for lemon muffins, how many muffins are too many muffins?
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Thu, Oct 14th, 2021 at 07:46 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

TGIF tomorrow.!!!! looking forward to this week end!!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Friday I have to go to the office to clear my desk. The office is moving so we need to pack up. I am joining 2 of my favourite coworkers and we are going for dinner. The one person I have not seen since March 2020 so I am a little excited. I have worked with this person over 23 years so it’s not a typical coworker relationship.
    It looks like a rainy weekend so I washed my board and packed it up until spring.
    It’s almost Friday. Yay.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Angela _273 My condolences on the passing of your friend. I hope you have some good memories of time spent with him.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@coupon girl What a lovely day you had in Paris! Thanks for sharing it here.
    You might like to look at sale items for kids at Nordstrom (free shipping) dot ca.

Chapters Indigo currently has Ready Set Holiday (seems early but the sales push is on) sale-30% off for all shoppers on some merchandise; 40% off for plum Plus members-this weekend.

Little Cara-she already knows what a building means for her. Can you get her to eat a dish with raw or cooked garlic in it, to see if helps boost her resilience to colds?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The longer dark hours are certainly putting a crimp in doing stuff outside. I find I sometimes can get up in the dark or otherwise I linger too long in bed. Still get early morning food cravings, then I try to run a load of laundry or go online or tidy the kitchen. Either I tire within 3hours or go on until afternoon, when a nap beckons. Still make a list each day expecting some of the tasks will get done.

Made a point to do a walk yesterday after 5pm so as to have sunlight going to stores and while heading home. Did find a quarter and a McDonalds large fries package without the Monopoly stickers. Got sandwich bags at a grocery store (needed one for cheese and saw less than 5 bags remaining on the shelf). Happily new box was on sale for $3.99! Bought a Diet Coke Extra with Blackberry at Dollar Tree as I could not see the Cherry Coke Zero in the cooler. Still no community paper bundle yet.

Rain tonight started about 40min ago-it seemed steady at its start. Saw an alert about possible heavy rain overnight and into the morning. I'll need to wear something bright when I head out Friday morning to perk up my mood.

Mom got word that her brother-in-law (my step-uncle) had passed away on Wednesday. He had been really ill the past two and a half years and was sundowning more recently. My aunt did her best to care for him as she found it very difficult to find reliable carers to spell her off sometimes (hospice care or dementia care seems not to be available in her city). Her step-son is handling funeral arrangements. I said to Mom it's good that you were able to spend time with step-uncle when he was in better health during your past trips abroad.

Basement rec room got overdue attention when I started moving stuff around and shifting two pieces of furniture. Freezer is out in open and ready to go to recycler/dump when Bro arranges it. Can't use freezer as it seems to have a couple of sticky issues and rust is noticeable along bottom of appliance (not bad for early 80s chest freezer). Also boxed/corralled items long overdue for pitch/keep/sell assessment. Then I had to nap as my core strength went "poof."

I found a way to deal with recent baby clothes buys -I'm going to give them to someone who does not know if a baby boy or girl is joining her family.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ontario SCers-a reminder that Summer Time of Use hour ranges for electricity end on October 31. Winter Time of Use hour ranges begin on November 1, one week before the clock changes back to Standard Time. Allowing you two weeks to prepare before Halloween! You might want to change any sprinkler system settings this week as well any other timers (lighting).

Gardeners-low overnight temps near 0C will be here soon. Time's running out for fall bulbs (garlic, flower) as the next full moon is due next week. Plant those bulbs ASAP.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    So many things I want to get done this weekend but we shall see how that pans out.

I have to admit I was super frustrated yesterday, they still have not done the waterproofing on our basement which means our basement is still in chaos. I am finding it impossible to find things in my pantry and keeping up on what we have and what we need. Good news is apparently they have found a contractor they approve of to do the work but it has not been scheduled yet. I will give them a week and then they are getting another email as right now the front of our basement has no insulation and I am working to bring in some the first week of November to keep our heating costs down.

Still waiting to hear if I have to work this weekend, I was supposed to work last weekend but things did not fall into place so it was being moved to this weekend. But, I have not heard if all the pieces have fallen into place now and we can move ahead this weekend.

Time to get all of the things done.

Happy Friday everyone

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning and TGIF!! We have sunshine but the sky is mostly gray so the rain is coming in.

I made DS and I our wonderful lunches. Roast beef sandwiches on grain bread with cut up apple and a clementine. I can't wait to eat mine!!

Paid all the bills and transferred money to the appropriate accounts.

Checked over our Virgin account (cell phones) DS's new phone upgrade is actually costing us $15 less a month. I can upgrade mine at the end of the month and will bring the cost down too and free GC's or PC pts depending who has the best deal. ( I think Costco because they credit the $50 upgrade free and they gave $75 more in GC's plus extra charger and ear buds).

I was on my way to the marina last night and stopped at Costco. I grabbed 2 things (blender and salad) I ended up putting it back and leaving as it was so slow. I usually have no problem waiting but last night was crazy slow. So Costco is on my list this weekend.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning. I normally go shopping every Friday morning so it's a nice treat to just chill with my coffee. We're planning on puttering around this weekend with fall prep. DH cleaned half of the windows and screens yesterday which was great.
    DH gets their wisdom teeth out next Wednesday so I'm stocking up on soft foods and soups for him. The surgeon said that it will take him longer to heal since most people get them extracted when much younger. Perhaps I'll treat him to a trial month of Disney while he's recovering.
    Not sure what I'll have for lunch but pretty sure it will involve leftover BQd chicken from last night. We're having tacos for dinner.
    Have a great day!
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    Good morning. I normally go shopping every Friday morning so it's a nice treat to just chill with my coffee. We're planning on puttering around this weekend with fall prep. DH cleaned half of the windows and screens yesterday which was great.
    DH gets their wisdom teeth out next Wednesday so I'm stocking up on soft foods and soups for him. The surgeon said that it will take him longer to heal since most people get them extracted when much younger. Perhaps I'll treat him to a trial month of Disney while he's recovering.
    Not sure what I'll have for lunch but pretty sure it will involve leftover BQd chicken from last night. We're having tacos for dinner.
    Have a great day!
    Cheers to you being on beck and call for your husbands recovery! I just did this for my 22 year old (mind you he bounced back quickly) but it was so much pressure making sure he took his meds on time and having food ready when he wanted to eat! He was a hoot on the drive home to while still under the laughing gas lol.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Oct 15th, 2021 at 09:28 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Cheers to you being on beck and call for your husbands recovery! I just did this for my 22 year old (mind you he bounced back quickly) but it was so much pressure making sure he took his meds on time and having food ready when he wanted to eat! He was a hoot on the drive home to while still under the laughing gas lol.
    Laughing gas... oh that's the one perk my hubby will enjoy Poor guy, he's so nervous. He's never had any form of surgery. He still has his tonsils to boot! Have a wonderful day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    Laughing gas... oh that's the one perk my hubby will enjoy Poor guy, he's so nervous. He's never had any form of surgery. He still has his tonsils to boot! Have a wonderful day!
    My son was very nervous! The nurse called his Dad to consult on the Friday before the surgery on Monday and told him that he would NOT be put under. We were very confused about that since his were impacted and it was told to us that he would be. So DS stressed about it all weekend because we couldn't speak to anyone till Monday morning an hour before he was expected to be there. Of course the nurse was wrong and he worried all weekend for nothing Good luck!!!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Oct 15th, 2021 at 10:29 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    US Amazon sent an e-mail yesterday that it's refunding $0.34 of the import/duty fee I prepaid for the vest order. More cents to add to my library print card (the most effective way to use low balances on prepaid Visa gift cards) later this week. Would like to know the exchange rate used so I know how many US cents that represents.

Amazon is also asking me to rate my purchase but I ended the trial Prime membership. No logging onto Amazon until I have $$ to apply to the account for monthly fee.
    If you wait another 6 months Amazon will offer a month free. I have noticed they do this often.

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information