User Tag List

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2430Likes

Thread: October 2021 Frugal chatter (& autumnal leaf colour watch)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Fans of the Schitt's Creek show-tomorrow night, there's a ticketed Livestream event through Chapters Indigo feature Daniel and Eugene Levy. Just saw it under Events on the website, if you are interested: https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca...er%3A%20Events

You get a book with your ticket!
    barbis9, crafter and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last day to save 30% off top 10 Indigo books for Plum Plus members (20% off for other shoppers).
    Do note: the English top 10 books varies somewhat from the French top 10 books (some different titles!)
    barbis9, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We had family come by for a visit yesterday so the house is dusted and vaccumed. We have SIL coming to visit today to help celebrate a milestone with me. I've washed the floors and just have to make her bed up.
    DH is doing ok but it'll be a long road before he's chewing food and enjoying it. In an ironic way, it makes one appreciate the small things in life.
    I've had a daunting challenge with my left thumb this week. I'm in awe at how much I use my left hand, I never realized. Thanks to the convenience of Amazon, my thumb is now in a wrist/thumb brace. I'm hoping to get back to strumming away on my ukelele soon.

Have a wonderful day! Back to housework. Perhaps I'll take your advice Frugalbigmama and put on some good music.
    Last edited by crafter; Sun, Oct 24th, 2021 at 11:57 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby needed new jeans (old ones ripped and were crappy ones from costco) off to marks workwarehouse ,spend 80.00 or more get 20.00 in canadian tire money with my loaded offer .Easy for me to do ,plus he got a nice long sleeve shirt as his are all old .

The things i noticed not many sales his jeans were buy 1 get i half off( i hate those sales just give me a percentage off on one item),couldnt get another pair as not many mens size 40"s .Then the girl told me they are waiting on 3 shipping containers ,some or one may be in the ocean .

Hubby had just about enough with his mask on trying on jeans .I was laughing in the car on the way home.Of course saw a guy wearing his mask under his nose -which ticks me off.The change room attendent told me she wishes she could say something but it just not worth it in the long run.

Home doing 3 loads of laundry.
    barbis9, lilo0003, crafter and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl so many things are out at sea right now in containers.

Some shipments have been delayed 3+ months, they did not leave late but just get stuck on the ocean and cannot come to port. Now there are so many just floating at sea that companies cannot book new containers as their boats are just floating at sea.

Some many of our suppliers are dealing with this in both Canada and the US.

Driving to work on Friday they were saying there is a Halloween Costume shortage because they are all out at sea and will not port before Halloween. They are suggesting if you do not have a costume it might be best to come up with a homemade costume as stores are now sold out and won't be getting more.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Driving to work on Friday they were saying there is a Halloween Costume shortage because they are all out at sea and will not port before Halloween. They are suggesting if you do not have a costume it might be best to come up with a homemade costume as stores are now sold out and won't be getting more.
    One chain reported that they were doing well because of their huge stockpile remaining from last year.
    barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    On that note I am trying to find other recipes we like with ground Chicken or Turkey but that is a work in process.
    Try using chicken or turkey as stuffing for peppers. My mom loves her pork, but I try to substitute with fowl to minimize cholesterol.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Dad started the heat..lol
    Have a good week !!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

My 25 cent tomato plant paid off. Planted it in July in the garden the garlic had just come out of and figured I had nothing to lose if it was too late. Then they never turned green so I tried the trick of pulling it and hanging it upside down and lo and behold today I had 40 Sam marzano tomatoes ready so DS1 and I made sauce. We have 6 jars and will likely be able to do another small batch. We had pasta for dinner today and it was yummy.
    I am off on a vacation day Monday. Will putter around and do as little as possible
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I did a cleaning of my coupons and added the ones I will not use to the tradding section..feel free to take a look and maybe make me an offer
    barbis9, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    A little jealous of those getting all the things done around their house. I did manage to get a few things done yesterday but it was slow, it took me an hour to empty and reload the dishwasher as I had to take breaks.

For me there is something about Sunday Dinner, I think it is because growing up that was the night we switched houses and both Mom and Step Mom would make a nice Sunday Dinner before the switch happened. I had some Zucchini to use up and I knew Mom would prefer Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups but there are labour intensive and I just couldn't so instead I made Zucchini Lasagna Boats and with the few tweaks I made the recipe Mom liked them.

Now the million dollar question is what is tonight's dinner? Not sure what I feel like yet.

I had to rearrange my schedule for this week, I was supposed to go out of town tomorrow but the way I feel there is no way I can sit in my car for 6 hours tomorrow. I think I will rearrange and focus on remote training this week where I can be at home with my ice pack and arrange the pillows just right.

I did not sleep well last night which I know is not helping as everything seems to a hurt a little more when you do not get a good night's sleep.

Yesterday I did get the strawberries we had cut up and today I need to do the pineapple I bought. I also need to figure out if we can skip shopping this week. I feel I could do the shopping but hauling it in once we get home would be the issue for me.

It is a new week, I need to readjust my goals to fit in what I can physically do but I will make it work.

Happy Monday everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

I wrapped all my boys Christmas gifts and stocking stuffers yesterday. So happy to have that done. Now I can wrap things as I buy them and keep on top of it but don't need much more so that makes me happy

Winter tires are being put on my vehicle this morning. Perfect timing as it was 7 degrees out when I drove DS to his CO-OP this morning. I will be ready!

Have a fantastic day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Washed the pile of dishes in the sink. They are drying on the counter and oldest DS will put away.

I have BLSL chicken breast thawing to cook this afternoon. Will put on a pot of rice now.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It is cold and rainy here today so I wanted something comforting for dinner but was torn between Beef Stew or Potato Soup. Mom voted Potato Soup so Potato Soup it is.

Works for me this is really easy to make. I could have done the beef stew but would have had to do it in steps.

Will get Mom to grate Cheddar since I did not do any ingredient prep this weekend.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Angela-nice that you know your sub work for a few weeks at a time-rather than a surprise every morning.

I have a busy day planned today-groceries, out for lunch with a friend-then to drop some groceries off at my Mum's and take her to pick up her new glasses. In the evening I am babysitting for a friend who has been redeployed to ICU nursing-I volunteered to give him and his wife a much needed free evening out.
    that is a priceless gift.

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information