User Tag List

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2430Likes

Thread: October 2021 Frugal chatter (& autumnal leaf colour watch)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil-i am in agreement with you yelling out my phone number would have rather just given the card at value village .

Just went to library and got my hold book, printed out 2 coupons for free ,allowed 2 a day.

Then popped into pharmasave and bought more candy rockets ,and a box of chips .I will make the grandkids up a small loot bag and give it to them when i see them .Also found my hubby mustache clippers and comb 3.49 reg 13.99 and its made for guys with big hands .lol

Bought a gift card at urban barn and starbucks for xmas gifts .Then home .

Supper just pasta nice and easy.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Oct 27th, 2021 at 06:47 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

busy week, lots of little things getting done....
    called rogers today got the yearly deal... sigh. such silliness...
    and they are coming to do wiring issues.. .. fun times.

the next 2 days will be busy as well. all good stuff, but needs to get done.
    lists work....lol.

any hoo... got the kids out on just had them run!! so much fun on such a nice day.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I did not go shopping last night, although I am feeling better by the end of the day I am tired and sore and I just did not have shopping in me.

I need to go shopping soon, our fridge is looking very bare right now. I was going to go into a branch this morning to meet some new staff members but then I remembered I have a programming meeting at 9 am. Had I gone into the branch I would have stopped at the store on my way home to grab a few things. I love a plan although they do not always come together.

I am slowly starting to get things done around the house again and it feels good although frustrating because I still cannot do as much as I normally do. I am the worst when it comes to myself, anyone else if they were hurt or sick I would be like rest, relax. When it is me all I can think about is the things I am not getting done and it drives me insane. I am trying to tell myself take this time, take care of you which seems to easy but for me is so hard. I am my own worst critic. Sorry had to get that off my chest.

Going to see if I can get the dishwasher emptied before my meeting this morning, baby steps.

Happy Thursday Everyone
    Skippy, Giseledta, ROMEO and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Another beautiful day. I went for a 30 min walk this morning already. Will get out again this afternoon.
    Busy work day for me today since I took tomorrow off so I better get at it!

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Took me a bit and few times had to stop but Dishwasher is emptied, reloaded and hand dishes are done which means the kitchen is clean sort of.

I still need to sweep the floor but I will probably leave that for tomorrow.

This injury is making my grateful for what I am normally able to do without even thinking about it. Like emptying the dishwasher normally such a simple task.
    Giseledta, walkonby and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I emptied out the entrance closet and DS is vacuuming it out now. Then I can put shoe rack back in and only the shoes we are keeping. I am prepared to toss lots!
    Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hope you fell better sassy .

Popped over to shoppers seniors day and bought my recharger with 4 rechargable batteries (needed for my camera )plus finished up cara,s birthday gift for nov(crayola paint and then brushes )plus milk iced tea etc .It sure is a nice feature to get a 10.00 promo card for next time .

Off to clean up my garden and trim back a few items .
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Booked hubby and myself our flu shot tomorrow at shoppers ,watching small grandchildren after school some days it is a must for us.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@SassyAshley I must have missed the post where you got injured falling in the mud and debris 3 times! Oh man, I am so sorry you are still navigating the injury. I will recommend you rest, but we both know that ain't happening.
    take care.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Sassy - i hope you feel better soon.

today feels like a friday...

ok.. rogers is due at nap time tomorrow..lol. should be fun.
    figureed out supper, have plan for the day... and tea... i have tea..

need to gather a few things for grocery shopping saturday.

need to make the halloween bags..
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Birthday was fun. My BIL left yesterday and my SIL left this morning so back to our regular routine. I booked an appt for our furnace maintenance and my doc. I'll book a couple more tomorrow and we should be caught up. Then I'll just have some late October gardening to do.

I picked up a few groceries this week but I'm happy to say that I'm spending less and less each week. Now that COVID has toned down in the area, I'm planning my stops to a few stores instead of just one. I still have a full freezer of odds and sods to get through and a lot of precooked chicken breast. I think I'll plan alternating soups and stirfries to use some up.

Just chilling and catching up on some tv shows. Have a nice evening!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There's a product recall on Longo's Chicken Burgers due to undeclared egg ingredient:
    https://www.insidehalton.com/news-st...=&utm_content=

Found that item late last night in my Twitter feed.

For lunch, I had pan-fried Longo's beef burgers with smoked paprika.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thursday was windy, very windy in the afternoon and evening. Like Mother Nature was chiding the trees for not dropping leaves already windy.

Did stop at Fortinos for some of my grocery shopping on the way home from the library in the morning. The grapes were truly delicious for an evening snack. Took some coupons off of the board. Could not find the specific large Band-Aid in the store that I wanted but noticed some product restocking of the first-aid shelves seems to have taken place.

Friday-depending on the rain, will do a plaza visit for small items then head over to Lime Ridge for a short mall crawl. Have feeling it could be only chance to try a coat of interest if my two preferred sizes still remain at the Bay. There's a dvd I hope to find at the mall otherwise I know it can be obtained online. Trying to think of a couple of other stores to fit into visit so I don't stay for 40min in the kids' apparel section of the Bay (I will peek for 3 min at the racks anyway) as Bay Days wind down (sale ends on Sunday).

I had been issued a credit note on my grocery account but an e-mail indicated the credit note will be replaced by a refund (it's not yet on my card and I've checked twice on Thursday). Friday would be a lovely day to know a refund was pending on the card (I can only use the tollfree phone number to check this card's transactions).

Best find online-realizing that the online magazine selection at the library's website has some titles I have not ever read for crafts or sports or lifestyle. Found several titles to borrow and read, with tea mug at hand. Looking forward to sewing (Sew New has an article on men's tailoring) or craft ideas. The sewing machine has been idle for over a month.

November's frugal chat thread has been posted, so we can all just make the most of this weekend.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Thursday was windy, very windy in the afternoon and evening. Like Mother Nature was chiding the trees for not dropping leaves already windy.
    Had a similar situation last week. Lots of leaves were still on the trees, since we did not have any severe frost. Then, one day, the wind blew hard to bring them all down and the next day was beautifully warm to allow me to quickly rake them all. Sometimes, things just work out nicely.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all @SassyAshley hope you are feeling better today

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information