User Tag List

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree2430Likes

Thread: October 2021 Frugal chatter (& autumnal leaf colour watch)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and TGIF!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl I choose the Kitchenaid one, it is 3.5 Cups with a pour spout which for me was a selling feature. it was $49.97

They also had a cuisinart one 3 cup, no pour spout for $39.97. It was good the Kitchenaid one just had a few other features that was worth the extra $10 for me.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am not sure I am ready to accept it is October, I am a summer girl for sure, but Fall is beautiful. I made a small batch of sauce with the few tomatoes we have. I have 2 plants that are loaded with green tomatoes and lots of people suggest harvesting the whole plant and then hang it up inside and they will ripen so that's my plan for the weekend, seems crazy but I hope it works.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

again TGIF ...horrible headache and migraine... too much i can handle on my plate altought it is all positive changes so I will just focus on relaxing this evening
    Got free muffins,free orange juices, free coffee and free tangerines with life project it was great!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Oct 1st, 2021 at 05:33 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm so glad the humidity is gone!

This month I need new tires and a kitchen countertop. I have tried to match a new countertop to the backsplash tiles without any luck. Its a 70's style pattern and want to brighten the kitchen - I currently have a dark forest green countertop that is rotting out. My Canadian Tire credit card arrived ($99 in Canadian Tire money for signing up) and I will be using the 24 month, no interest payment plan for the tires. That will help to cushion the blow as tires are expensive once you factor in all of the related costs.

Have a great weekend everyone.
    Last edited by barbis9; Fri, Oct 1st, 2021 at 05:37 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

tomorrow... running around for my mom. and rcss order.
    i am hoping to get my back yard a bit... sunday.. i need , need to spend a good 2 hours in the dc rooms. sigh.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

How is this for an amazing deal. My fil at 95 finally gave up driving and he gave us his car. So it was 35.00 to transfer to DH and we have a 2018 Escape with 13000 km and that is not missing a zero😁 and another 4 years of warranty because the dealer sold my FIL the extended warranty which was a horrible move on their part. FIL supports DHs brother a lot so this was a nice gift for us and DH is very happy with his new vehicle. We will sell his car even though my SUV is older because I am not car driver, I like my SUV.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-that is an amazing deal .I am sure your hubby will enjoy his car. Wow on the milage .

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@lilo0 03: wow that is a start the car haha deal !!! Good for you and your husband!!! Enjoy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Update about Stella the cat...eve and her are not bestfriend yet hahaha but they tolerate themselves in their space...Stella is very affective compared to eve,but each own have their caracter and I like that this way.Stella want to play and escape outside so we have to watch her very closely.Tonight she went on the couch to see me and have affection first time she was doing that !!!It was cute This week end I will attempt to brush her with her special brushes no needles but ..I want her to familarize with that again.She is with us since 2 week now!!! Wow time fly
    Good night
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Oct 1st, 2021 at 10:37 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    How is this for an amazing deal. My fil at 95 finally gave up driving and he gave us his car. So it was 35.00 to transfer to DH and we have a 2018 Escape with 13000 km and that is not missing a zero and another 4 years of warranty because the dealer sold my FIL the extended warranty which was a horrible move on their part. FIL supports DHs brother a lot so this was a nice gift for us and DH is very happy with his new vehicle. We will sell his car even though my SUV is older because I am not car driver, I like my SUV.
    @lilo0 03 that’s an awesome deal your DH got and a generous father in law

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lilo0003 great deal for your family
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I slept in this morning but when I got up I decided I should go and do the Costco Shopping. It was becoming that thing that was hanging over our heads to be done and we kept putting it off. I got there just after 8:30, they do not open until 9, I got in line I was about the 10th person. I was able to get in and get out just under an hour and it was a large shop.

I grabbed a few extras, Costco had their squash so I grabbed a two pack each of Butternut and Spaghetti Squash. We do not buy Spaghetti Squash often but I thought it would be a nice change, we both keep saying we want something different for dinner. Each packaged of 2 were $4.99/each and the squash are big, must better deal that buying in a grocery store.

Items I grabbed that are on sale:
    Popcorners x 2 - Love these they are that sweet & salty mix, I love
    Chicago Mix - This is Mom's treat she loves this
    Brown Mix - The Costco one is amazing and I buy it once a year when it goes on sale as a treat
    Chicken Broth x 2 - Going into Soup and Stew season so time to stock up, just wish my Costco also carried Beef

Was kind of surprised I was putting my stuff up on the belt to check our and I will admit my cart was quite full and I had a package of Towelette Paper & Paper Towel, the broth and few other large items. A staff member was walking by and looked at my cashier and said WOW if all of your customers shop like this your going to have a long day. Just seemed weird.

Also not sure if it is Costco wide or just my Costco but you now have to put all items up on the belt including paper products and bulky items. The cashier asked me to hurry up as they needed my cart to reload but now that you have to put all of the bulky items up I could not get everything on the belt to give them cart. The girl loading carts went and grabbed a new cart to load.

Now the fun starts of breaking it all down and getting it put away. Part of me has been holding off because my basement is still in chaos but I cannot just not shop for my pantry especially when things like broth are on sale. I am not going to hold off and have to pay a higher price.

Have a great Saturday everyone

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Was kind of surprised I was putting my stuff up on the belt to check our and I will admit my cart was quite full and I had a package of Towelette Paper & Paper Towel, the broth and few other large items. A staff member was walking by and looked at my cashier and said WOW if all of your customers shop like this your going to have a long day. Just seemed weird.
    Give the staff member the benefit of the doubt that he or she wasn't trying to be mean.
    I am always impressed by folks who have the talent to fill their carts sky-high. You should be commended and not chided.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Also not sure if it is Costco wide or just my Costco but you now have to put all items up on the belt including paper products and bulky items. The cashier asked me to hurry up as they needed my cart to reload but now that you have to put all of the bulky items up I could not get everything on the belt to give them cart. The girl loading carts went and grabbed a new cart to load.
    If they are grabbing additional carts, why wouldn't they always simply leave one additional cart in the queue, since everyone always needs a cart, anyway?

I don't know, because I'm always the guy standing in line with just a roast chicken. Nearly always, everyone generously lets me go ahead since I only have the single item. Bless their hearts. Maybe they do it out of pity; 'That poor bas**** can only afford a single chicken.'
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Herman- the costco chickens are amazing!!! we always grab one, and a ceaser salad when we go . totally worth it personally.

ok.. running around done. my mom is happy.
    my stuff is all put away. i need to do a bit of pantry reorg later....
    i am going to take a break , then go and work on the front i think....
    i am debating decorating the front for fall... just not sure.. i should... maybe
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information