User Tag List

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2430Likes

Thread: October 2021 Frugal chatter (& autumnal leaf colour watch)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier afternoon!!! I slept late and after I went to public harvest.I need to work on life project this week end monday I am in holliday and friday afternoon too so that should help ...maybe order a few coupons too and just relax the rest of the time,I need it ...and go to pick apples tomorrow..Have an happy Saturday!!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Taking a break.

I decided today I would do all of the prep today and then tomorrow I can do all of the cooking.

I cut up more strawberries, some to eat and some to use in baking, I want to make a crustless strawberry pie.

Checked our sweet potatoes, lost a couple, but chopped up what was left and will use it in my Ground Chicken Chili.

A Butternut Squash I previously purchased locally had some spots on it so I peeled it and chopped. Tomorrow I will bake it off and with some Butter, Spices and Parm, they come out like potato chips and I could eat the slices like potato chips.

Tonight for dinner I am going to make BBQ Chicken Caesar Wraps for me and Wings for Mom since I grabbed some today at Costco. We will both have oven fries on the side.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Oct 2nd, 2021 at 02:38 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

https://www.legeropinion.com/en/

I just subscribed to this site and you earn points when you do survey and after you can exchange yours points for gifts cards
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath -i have belonged to this site for years now they use to send 20.00 cheques when you hit the amount of points needed but no longer ,i am happy to get giftcards or airmiles etc.

I use to make about $60-80 a year but again gift cards are still great .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I have been feeling down today ,just with life in general during this pandemic.

But then i chatted with my daughter and she said she has lost a few friends given that her life situation has changed .I just feel i have reached out to some other women and it just irks me to no end when someone cant get back to me for a quick chat ( i dont own a cell phone and personally would rather talk to people)Of course i get a call from the husband ,we are thinking of you.This is a family member on my hubby's side .

So then i feel i just want to focus on my 2 grown kids and my grandchildren .
    Sorry ,i am just not feeling myself today.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

**HUGS** Coupon Girl
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We are under an air quality advisory. The wind from the north is brining a lot of smoke from forest fires.

The twins and I finally put up the wall stickers from the other house. Twin boy wanted all of the numbers. Twin girl used all of the different animals to turn her room into a jungle and she made a garden too. It looks pretty cute. We threw out the letters and words.

Two loads of laundry are done. Did a quick Sobeys trip for milk and bread. Soon it’ll be 10% off Tuesday, so I’ll pick up other items then.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Glad you are settling in angela my dear daughter moved in sept 7 and still is putting ikea stuff together for sebastian's room and trying to unpack and work her demanding job,of course she doesnt have a bedroom closet til they have one built in nov some time .So she bought 2 rolling rack to help for now.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I think I have everything prepped unless I decided to add more things to make. I do not think I will, we already have quite the list but with everything prepped it should be super quick.

Basement update, turns out before I even asked Mom she had reached out about our basement twice. We finally got a message back yesterday, the insurance company gave a quote (they will not be going with this quote) and they got 3 independent quotes and will continue to get additional quotes so there is no timeline at this time and to be patient as this is going to be a costly repair since so many units are involved.

Going to be honest, I am getting a little frustrated. We have been lucky so far and have not flooded again but I am not the type of person who likes to push my luck. As well the basement is still in chaos as everything has been moved to allow them to work, I would prefer not to move everything back just to have to move it again. These are large shelving units full of stuff it is not easy to move.

Hoping we will get answers soon and the work will be done sooner rather than later.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Lots of temp teaching contracts just got posted locally. They are vague, posted by area. I’ll apply and call the school division office on Monday to check that my application worked properly. I’ve had a lot of issues with their Applitrack system over the years.
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@coupongirl : many hugs xxx

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Finished harvesting a neighbour's apple tree over three days. A single tree yielded 750 pounds! Even eating a pound/day would give me enough for two years. What the heck am I going to do with all of them?

Got a few neighbours coming for some, but the rest will probably end up as apple sauce. The last time, I made over 20 litres. I wonder how many I will get this year. I was forcing myself to eat apple sauce until June to finish the previous 20 litres.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good evening, SCers!

Second vaccine dose was acquired yesterday and I felt relatively ok until I lifted my left arm to close upper sink window. Bad idea. Since yesterday until today (about 5pm I felt like I was getting better), I have felt kind of stodgy and stiff. Felt the fine dry heat from shoulders to temple on face about 4 hours later (after the dose; like onset of hot flash without the sweat) then it eased off. Kind of like a little fever ebbing away (I had that experience after dose 1 on day 1 too).

I was sipping Dr. Pepper with water most of the afternoon and evening. I made seasoned sweet potato chunks for lunch and had Chinese takeout for supper. When I went to bed after 12:30am I had the weirdest experience I can only describe as being on the "caffeine jitters train." Within 5 minutes of lying down, my lower back starting shivering (I was not cold) then shivering went up back, my legs were twitching, the front of my body from collarbone down to tops of feet heated up (not unlike when I have come indoors from a -20C winter windchill long walk and need 45min to warm up again), my limbs twitched and get this, I felt like electrical popcorn was hitting all parts of my front body under my skin-it was surreal but happening. Best thing I could do was almost lay on left side without aggravating shoulder, bend knees to left side and tuck a pillow between knees and massage my right arm and leg. Fairly intense experience for 10-15min, slight ebbing for 30 sec then another wave of energy, heat, twitching. This went on for about 30-40min. Then I was able to doze off. Woke after 1:30am for another round of shorter intensity activity. Then off again to sleep. 3:30am-it was like the heat was ebbing from front of body but the electrical energy was circling clockwise on my body for 5 min. THen it was over. Let me tell you I was awake for 2h, had to use the restroom, get something to drink and try to drift off again. Today, I could feel achy gums, teeth, left cheekbone...

My advice is to avoid caffeine for the first 48hour after a vaccine dose if you are a perimenopausal woman. Hormone drop has something to say about caffeine! Got emailed my vaccine portal link which has a 6 day timeframe, after which I'll need to use the Ontario portal to access my vaccine certificate. Plan is print off the certificate for lamination at the library on Monday.
    @coupon girl That you had a male call you back on behalf of friend-how rare! I too miss phone calls (not all calls need to be marathons because then you miss tv shows or other things)
    You have hit the issue head-on--some friends don't keep other friends in the loop of why they are not calling back or what issues might be keeping them away for a time or even plain ignoring their friends. I could list a lot of peeves, but in my 20s when some friends and relatives were getting married, I cannot say that I really knew the men they were marrying. After marriage, some of the husbands might muster a "hello" if I was visiting but basically stay out of sight or not converse. Very few men realize how to be social with their wives' friends/relations! Middle-age insights-not being paired with anyone, I could manage one or two occasions per year having to interact with both friends and their husbands or partners but for the most part, married/partnered friends seem only to connect when they were having a gift giving occasion/sales party (you know Avon and the like) or needed something. They did not always invest in the friendships or learn what is going on in my life (friendships change with decades-it's so hard to keep 30+ yr friends). So I have mostly single friends, and one or two married friends. With former best friend, I felt like I got the barest attention in past few years, as she was always doing something with partner and there was maybe 2 times per year we actually got together for a time by ourselves.

I don't know if you have friends who have had marriages end-that is another issue that can impact friendship. When you have had relationships with a couple and their kids, usually if a couple breaks up (friends), it's very hard to see the kids again unless one of the couple remains in your area/attends local venue/activity. I have a saying "when a woman is lost (life change/death/ended connection) from our social network, we also lose connection with her family."

One of the pleasures of walks in the community is the random chats with other walkers. Never know when I can learn something new and interesting or realize someone has had a similar journey with health and lends some insights. Plus the odd time, it's lovely to just be social without having to worry about invitations, what to wear, dealing with spouses of friends, etc.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My HBC order item 2 is still showing as in transit. I guess it's on a truck in Ottawa. Despite Canada Post indicating Oct 1 &2 updates, there are no corresponding dated items showing the tracking history, which is still stuck on the Sept 29 posted update.

I was looking at a furniture consignment store and saw many things I'd want to bring home. But getting the dessert bowls remains the priority buy next week. I still want a couple of lamps (one table, one floor). Not sure where to find new or decent secondhand lamp shades-kind of particular on colours and styles. Have to relook at a lampshade at Value Village-right colour (for living room, as I don't want beige/white) but I'm not sure of condition.

For dessert with our turkey breast meal next week, Mom's indicated she wants it to be homemade. I would like it not to be the usual fallback items. Bro bought some apples--think they are eating ones. Will see if a galette (free-form pie) is in the baking cards. At the very least, a fruit crumble!
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

PCO was nice to me this week. SDM gave me 20x $50.00 plus 5000 PCO for using PC MC and it’s the only card I use. Managed to spend 56.00. This is the 1st 20x event on my card in at least a year. Then No Frills offer was 7500 wus $75.00. With chicken on sale that was easy so I spent 123.00 and earned 15000 PCO, but wait there is more. I had the fuel offer of 2000 PCO for 20.00 of gas. Honestly I don’t recall the last time I earned so many points.
    It was a gorgeous day here so I went paddle boarding and then we did dinner out. Won’t be many more dinners on a patio. Sunday the plan is Costco and it’s supposed to rain. So we shall see if that pans out.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information