User Tag List

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree2430Likes

Thread: October 2021 Frugal chatter (& autumnal leaf colour watch)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks barbis

Not sure if i can go to pools as of yet because i dont own a cell phone .I will keep looking in to that thou.

I went to mastermind and got 20% got a jump on xmas toys for the grandkids plus cara,s birthday in nov.Such a great feeling .
    Tonight we will go over to my son's for supper and to celebrate ashlyn birthday early oct 6 my oldest grandchild is now 8 wow .
    My son was going to have his best friend and girlfriend come too but they are not vaccinated and i dont really feel comfortable with the delta varient out there being indoors( i know i grocery shop but that is different) ,so he is coming another time (he cancelled anyway)
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Drama! Oooo Yaaaa!!! LOL We had it in spades so said FFF it to the whole shbang! One Thanksgiving we had to call MIL to remind her to come! Same at XMAS. No thanks. Drama not needed. Plus means more wine for us! LOL
    Guess now, with social media and online ordering, friends and family can decide to order their own kits in and "dine" together from their own homes.

My parents used to have family meals for certain occasions but cut back as kin got married and started their own holiday meal traditions with their kids and older parents. As for our own Thanksgiving meals-they weren't held often and I would make a point of trying to bake something for dessert or find some seasonal treat in grocery stores to enjoy at home with family. Not a huge fan of cranberry sauce (a couple of tablespoons are plenty). It was more work for Mom so that is why Thanksgiving was not a big deal in our house (beyond treats other than pumpkin pie, though that was purchased sometimes).
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@coupon girl Thanks for mentioning Mastermind Toys-I have to see if anything of interest has come to the local store!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Ceil-mastermind has such neat toys -sometimes you cant get these toys elsewhere .
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am full on crafty with the dc kids. we have 3 major projects on the go .. as in... all take more then 1 day to compleate. friday should be relaxed...lol.

other then that... i am full on avoiding people.
    i have a lovely roast in the crockpot, with fixings... yummy. waiting on hubby, then supper.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lunch was going to be some of the turkey breast until I read that it needed 1hour in the oven on a wire rack. Plus some water in the pan below. Set aside that idea. Heated up some gravy to enjoy on rye bread slices. Had the last store bought greenhouse tomato. Enjoyed mineral water and slices of Longos Cherry Swirl Loaf (yummy). Forgot to make tea but there's tonight!.

Mail surprise-my Pepsi Stuff contest win t-shirt came! HBC item arrived today in poly bag. I was not able to start a case for the delivery going out of the way as when I tried "item not delivered" (one of 3 options) with tracking number, I could not get the Continue button to advance. Too bad I did not do this prior to delivery. Lesson learned.

Bro was going on about dehumidifiers-hard to find similar size one like the one that was returned. Randomly I looked on The Bay site and noticed a smaller more portable unit that would be good for use in small room. $249.99. I went to third-party's website. Sale on same unit is priced at $149.99. Filter is also on sale ($3 off; sale $20.99). I told Mom about it and she's not interested because she thinks Bro will just buy what he wants. Well, he always seems to buy specs but not design or what suits the room. The portable unit is white and would be a better fit, not be clunky or in the way and there's a smaller tank to empty. So were I to win of those Monopoly HBC sprees, I'd probably use the card to get the small dehumidifier. Though, honestly, I would much rather get the unit and an extra filter straight from the vendor selling the product and pay the $20 something shipping with a prepaid Visa card. #Goals.

Twitter meme of the day-users taking Adele's teaser clip of new song and matching some other singer's tune to the video. Guess seeing Adele put a cassette tape into her car stereo system was just the invitation people needed.

Vaccine link will expire sometime tomorrow morning. I will attempt printing a couple of the passports at home but the printer seems to be acting like only part of a print job needs doing. Sometimes I get the page of content I want or I get partial print plus grayscale or I get black & white (I have mostly colour ink left) for a section, then a lighter greyscale bit then white space or horizontal streaks. Maybe I need the printer to do a test-check. Not sure I'll get to the library early enough tomorrow to print copies there before link goes dormant.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Retail Council of Canada tweeted a link about shoppers not being disappointed for Christmas by buying now. Still lots of supply chain issues and companies' production impacted by COVID closures when cases are known to affect how much stock and variety will be in-store or online.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good night all...I lost track of time because I was working in life project it is time consuming but in a good way.If I am not online tomorrow morning I wish you all an happy wednesday the middle of the week!!!
    I will try my best to catch up the posts tomorrow!!!

The CLSC call me back I start my follow up with a psychologist (a guy) next week...I hope it will resolve some long time due problem and anxiety and crisis of panicking.... big hope in that
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Oct 6th, 2021 at 12:50 AM.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm heading to bed soon as well!

RECALL notice for Advil Cold & Sinus Convenience Pack:
    https://www.thespec.com/local-burlin...spec_web_ymbii

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Dont forget to save yours pc offers today if you are not planning using them!!! I saved my best 3.cream cheese tomato juice and nescafe coffee)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Brr 3 degre only this morning..OMG we will have frost soon....
    Have an awesome day"!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I was in an out of town branch yesterday, got to spend 6 hours in my car.

I am struggling hard right now. I have been talking to my boss about the fact that I cannot keep up with everything on my plate right now. The best way to explain it is my job takes 20 hours a day, to keep up with my schedule I need a solid 8 hours of sleep so needless to say everyday there are things I am not getting done. I have been trying to move stuff off my plate but those I am trying to move tasks to are not accepting at this point.

One of the benefits of my job is I can cover almost every job within our company except 3, the bad news is there is no one to cover me. So every time I have to cover someone, no one is doing my job. The current frustration I have is I get told we need your help so do not worry about X, but the issue is X is not off my plate it just gets pushed back. So now instead of completing X this week and Y next week, I have to try to get X & Y done next week even though both need a solid 5 days of my time.

I am super frustrated to the point I was almost in tears when I got home last night. Sadly my Mom got the brunt of it last night as I spiraled into I am already working these weekends, if I add in these weekends I am not working and extend my work day, maybe just maybe if nothing else get put on my plate (ha ha not realistic, I already got an email another new staff member is starting and needs training) I can be caught up by the middle to end of November.

I asked for Friday off but I guess you cannot openly admit to your boss you're struggling to keep up and then take a day off. I have made the decision that since I did not get Friday off, I will work this weekend and I think I am going to skip Thanksgiving as I honestly feel like mentally I cannot. Right now I am fighting the urge to just curl up in the corner and try to pretend the world does not exist as I sit here looking at my to-do-list for today.

Sorry for my rant, I just needed to get it out.

Have a great day everyone.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 6 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-I know you work for your family but seriously time to seek other employment if your boss can't/won't limit your work hrs. Enough is enough!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Agree with Lizzy Bargain @SassyAshley at the end of the day, YOU are who matters. Take care of yourself first and foremost.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well our trip to Toronto went well yesterday and I was so lucky. My doc and nurse took me in for my procedure as soon as I arrived and I was 45 mins early!
    This morning I slept in (still on BC time) and then took my dog for a lovely fall walk along the trail. Some of the colours were absolutely vibrant. I sometimes forget how beautiful fall can be.
    Today I'm going to focus on strategizing savings for the next year. I really want to go back to BC with DH and to visit DD and it's going to be expensive. Even with seat sales, the tickets will run $1,100 to $1500 for the 2 of us return. Then we have accomodation costs as well as restaurant costs (my plan to buy from grocery stores didn't fare too well my last visit). I have my 3 categories started below as well as our continued savings fund for our new tv/soundbar. I put all of our savings from loyalty redemptions into the tv/soundbar fund (with exception of Shoppers Promos... those go to "my fund"). Our TV is over 20 years old and is still working ok with the help of Google TV additions etc but it's almost time for a change. Our old TV will be moved down to our gym area so we can still try to squeeze a few more years out of it.

Have a wonderful day!
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information