User Tag List

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree2430Likes

Thread: October 2021 Frugal chatter (& autumnal leaf colour watch)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Crafter-have you considered getting one of the credit cards like Westjet where the buddy flight is $99 plus tax-even if you only get the card for one year( and sometimes they waive the $120 annual fee) it is cheaper than a flight. We do it all the time. I think Air Canada might have an Aeroplan card like that too. LB

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just picked up one of the smaller turkeys at No Frills for $15 plus 5,000 bonus pts today-can't beat a small turkey for $10.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Great point I really should consider that. I think RBC has a Westjet mastercard.
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Crafter-have you considered getting one of the credit cards like Westjet where the buddy flight is $99 plus tax-even if you only get the card for one year( and sometimes they waive the $120 annual fee) it is cheaper than a flight. We do it all the time. I think Air Canada might have an Aeroplan card like that too. LB
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well I think I'm making some progress as this is a post and not just me reading posts which I tend to do more often. Yesterday I was on here for an hour just taking it all in. Now it will be just 30 minutes as too much pain(one of those days!).
    Whatever you're up to take it one day/hour/minute at a time whatever works best for you!
    Blessings my friends!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you everyone, the good news is my boss is supporting me through all of this.

The bad news is, it is a bit of a family on family. A family member has stepped in to help and it is making it complicated and I am the one stuck in the middle because I can do all of these jobs. 2021 has been one hellish year for us, a lot of issues and in the past I have been able to make it work but this year I am at my breaking points. I am over stretched, overwhelmed, worn down and at a point I cannot just keep pushing through.

I just hate conflict and saying no, it is not my strong suite but I know I have to stand firm this time. I just hate being in this position.

I will see my boss again tomorrow and we can discuss.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you live in Atlantic Canada you will get your 2022 Milk Calendar in your newspaper inserts.
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/7171068-post2.html

https://dairyfarmersofcanada.ca/en/c...-milk-calendar
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Wed, Oct 6th, 2021 at 02:29 PM.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Giseledta and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Busy work day but I managed to make time to whip up a homemade mac and cheese. It's almost done baking and the dishes are all washed up.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

wow interesting...crappy neigbour installed camera to his door,...what a freak!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

2 major projects out the door to the parents ... 1 left...
    took the kids out running this am.... running good.

the annoying people about the park are doing more.. sigh. at least now they are doing it right... but still ugh. i have insanely strong feelings about this .. and really will hate to be proven right.. ( and i know i am going to be!!!) watching it unfold is.. going to be frustrating...

ok...
    so .. first world problems... Christmas with adult kids...
    i have 3.... oldest, lives at home... but may move out .. at some point.. really doesnt need anything.
    middle... think .. less is more child..
    Youngest ... lives 3 provinces away, and would need to transprt anything we get her. equally likes to purchase stuff herself. ....

problem... a parent ( moi) who wants to buy them stuff... and help them .. and buy them stuff... ... and struggling with not buying stuff for them at Christmas... but really really knows i shouldnt ... but... their my babies... ..

help.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Giseledta-i find gift cards are always good ,maybe for groceries or clothing .Its tuff i spent a lot less last year on the adults ,but my grandkids i always spent the same amount each year or even a bit more .

My dear daughter is a less is more child as she is in a smaller space for her and sebastian .

On a different note -my daughter said to me today "it is hard being a parent mom -her son is now 5 "I in turn told her it never ends .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    i have 3.... oldest, lives at home... but may move out .. at some point.. really doesnt need anything.
    Youngest ... lives 3 provinces away, and would need to transprt anything we get her. equally likes to purchase stuff herself. ....

problem... a parent ( moi) who wants to buy them stuff... and help them .. and buy them stuff... ... and struggling with not buying stuff for them at Christmas... but really really knows i shouldnt ... but... their my babies... ..
    Love does not always need to be expressed with material possessions. My neighbour received a gift of snow removal from his nieces and nephews, who were concerned about his health.

Arrange a dinner date and order food to be delivered to them and you can all sit down at the same time over zoom and dine at the same time. You may not be at the same dinner table, but you can share the same dinner experience.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Dont forget to save your p.c offers .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    2 major projects out the door to the parents ... 1 left...
    took the kids out running this am.... running good.

the annoying people about the park are doing more.. sigh. at least now they are doing it right... but still ugh. i have insanely strong feelings about this .. and really will hate to be proven right.. ( and i know i am going to be!!!) watching it unfold is.. going to be frustrating...

ok...

help.
    I hear you. With this food crisis I'm going to give each kid $50 gift certificate for a Major grocery store. I'm going to give them a 2nd one for the same amount to give to a friend/person that needs it the most.
    I honestly feel that it's more about taking care of others this year.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 6 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

The good thing about crappy PC offers is there is almost nothing worth saving. I saved the one for mushrooms but the rest were not worth saving and not for products I would buy like Joe Fresh earrings and nail polish. @gisel dta for the child out of province what about restaurants gift cards or Uber eats. She is in school so that could allow for a nice treat. My kids love gift cards to restaurants and movies because these are expensive. My brother always buys my younger son movie gift cards and the older son fuel ones but they are so appreciated by the boys.
    I had a real live doctors appointment today. I was well last the three years for a Pap and I am super attentive to my health. I had another appointment next month that was to be virtual as I have a mole to remove so I thought I would need a referral. So I asked if he could look at it today so next month he would know what it was because it’s on my back so it would be awkward to show him. He took one look and said he can remove it because a dermatologist will consider it cosmetic and I would pay. So instead of waiting a month I am back in a week. Yay for saving money but even better to get this off as it’s sitting right under my bra strap so it’s getting irritated.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information