User Tag List

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree2430Likes

Thread: October 2021 Frugal chatter (& autumnal leaf colour watch)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    wow interesting...crappy neigbour installed camera to his door,...what a freak!!!
    Must be the new neighbour wanting to screen who he'll open the door to. Maybe only the superintendant or friends and family. What will happen if the fire chief were to appear?
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@crafter I like your gift ideas!
    @Giseledta -a variation of crafter's idea could be if any of your kids really does not want stuff, ask her/them to give you a list of 3-5 causes relating to their interests or student food bank/emergency fund at their schools and you choose one cause to donate money in your kid's name (preferably if it can be online?) And jot a note in their Christmas e-mail or card about which cause received your gift donation! Add a photo of you and DH and your pet at home and all will be done!
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sent in an e-mail re: grocery order. The invoice amount is higher than the order confirmation as I did not get the gravy free and I think I lost the discount related to buying a turkey meal. I checked my prepaid card balance on the phone and was rather shocked at the negative balance (hold on card plus a purchase entry=headache). Will have to wait and see what response will be.

Remembering that my vaccine passport link would expire this morning, I attempted to print off the proof of vaccination and the passport (a few times) last night. The dates don't appear on the proof (miffy printer and rundown black ink cartridge) and the passport only shows the Ministry of Health's watermarks. If I tilt the pages to the light, I can see the imprint of words and numbers on pages 1 and 2. I tried to print again-same outcome. Noticed the tiny print on bottom of passport showed the date I had printed the document. Swell. Then recalled I could save my passport online through Pocket Health for free so I uploaded the file there too. I thought about requesting a health record from one provider but Pocket Health wants a person to make an electronic signature with the request. I don't have a stylus for that and a finger signature would not be good. Besides, I don't know what fee might be charged as part 3 of process might need a card (the word that is visible is Payment).

Dinner was cooked rotini, tossed with a tinned tuna, splash of red wine, some herbes de Provence and chili flakes plus a few shakes of sea salt (which clumps in salt shaker so a few shakes to get enough grains to leap into pot).

I got sidetracked looking for photos in online files. Time to get some miscellaneous photos printed this week. Given the comfortable temperatures of late, I feel like I should have a few snaps taken to mark October and fall.

How is everyone's contesting going with the Monopoly game today?
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late night everyone,
    I wanted to rest for 5 minutes because I was so exausted and as a result I crashed on the sofa 2 and a half hour... grr but my body need it.Now the challenge is to force myself to rego to bed lol
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I readed and heared the news that covid 19 numbers are 457 cases now.Much better than the 850 case last week but still scary in QC....

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good ealier morning everyone!!! Only 2 days until the week is over;!!! Canoot wait altrought I had a 4 days week and it is not the friday on the others hollidays it is the week after grrr.
    I was so down yesterday night...my uncle the one I dont talk anymore for many reason....is on facebook and never he ask me to be friend...and he know i am on facebook....Yesterday he commented a picture of my cousine ..the one who is a nurse applauding how she had a fabulous perfect familly. and how she have succes in life.....hum ok... But we live at 10 minutes and you dont give me news ...this is why I stopped to wrothe and phone him...Me for him I am like the crap problem person in familly who dont have succes enough...that is sad and I find him so selfish to act like that with me....I just have to accept this and move...sorry for the rant..

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I will catch up all the posts tomorrow nightor this week end ;busy with life project

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil-my hubby had a mcdonalds coffee yesterday and won a free soda drink.I will use for sure when i am out and about .

cath-people on face book are so superficial,they post these perfect lives and theirs is not ,that is one reason i dont wish to have face book .I f you cant email me or call me then forget it .I have looked at my daughter,s face book when she is here,no thank you at my age couldnt care less.

Off to my appt soon for 10.40 .I am all dressed up in thrift tommy hillfiger burgundy pants talize $6.99 ,reitmans short sleeve very pretty dark patterned blouse $7.00 style encore and a long black sweater from talize years ago i paid $5.00=$18.99-i look like a million bucks ,at least i feel this way.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Speaking of McDonalds coffee. I was pleasantly surprised to receive McDonalds coffee with coffee stickers on my complimentary beverages. I collected 3
    Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    ceil-my hubby had a mcdonalds coffee yesterday and won a free soda drink.I will use for sure when i am out and about .

cath-people on face book are so superficial,they post these perfect lives and theirs is not ,that is one reason i dont wish to have face book .I f you cant email me or call me then forget it .I have looked at my daughter,s face book when she is here,no thank you at my age couldnt care less.

Off to my appt soon for 10.40 .I am all dressed up in thrift tommy hillfiger burgundy pants talize $6.99 ,reitmans short sleeve very pretty dark patterned blouse $7.00 style encore and a long black sweater from talize years ago i paid $5.00=$18.99-i look like a million bucks ,at least i feel this way.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Gifts - I know a lot of people feel Gift Cards are so impersonal but I have to say I feel the complete opposite. I appreciate them for many reasons but with that being said it becomes impersonal when you get one for somewhere you would never shop. Like for me giving me a Movie Gift card is pointless, I have not gone to a movie in over 10 years and no a gift card would not make me want to go to a movie. It is a me thing.

Personally, I love gift cards for places like:
    RCSS
    Wal-Mart
    Costco
    I like these because if $$$ are tight I can use it for groceries and daily use items. Or if things are all good I can use them to treat myself to something since they sell more than just groceries. Just a personal thing.

I also appreciate being able to choose for myself what I want. For example the kitchen is my happy place and I am willing to spend a bit more on certain small Kitchen Appliances because we use them so often. So I would prefer getting a gift card I can use against that purchase vs someone buying me a different model that will not fit our needs or won't last. I know we all have different budgets and yes, many of my family members would never spend $50 on a food processor but for me it is something I use weekly so to have $$$ to put towards it great.

As you can all see I am a huge fan of gift cards.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning. I'm just scanning the flyers and planning my shopping trips tomorrow morning. I noticed that Burnabrae Omega 3 or natureegg are still on at Shoppers till Friday for $2.99 which is fantastic with the caddle rebate. I normally just picked my eggs up at Metro but they are incredibly expensive there now. Is it just Metro or are eggs expensive at most stores nowadays?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Eggs have gone up everywhere!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Eggs are insane, they are one of my when you see it on sale, you go and you stock up. I used to buy them at Costco if they were not on sale anywhere else, slightly more expensive than on sale but cheaper than just buying. Even Costco is now insane I think it is $7.99 for 30 pack
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Since egg prices have gone up, have you been making choices to use the eggs for baking only and cutting back on their meal use or using them just for meals and skipping the baking? I only on occasion will scramble 2-3 eggs for a quick breakfast.
    Usually I want something in a bowl that does not involve more than heating up water or milk or leftovers for the first meal.

Thanks for the McDonalds sticker updates! Good to know members are seeing some wins flow their way! I'll have to visit a local location and get something to start my sticker quest. Every 7 sticker codes entered online yields a reward offer!

Re: gift cards-yes @SassyAshley you have a point that cards for big box grocers with home or other depts expand your purchase options! That's why RCSS flyers since mid-summer have had my attention-some fun seasonal or useful home appliance items have appeared and made it worth my while to visit! Just learned today that Bro did use up some of the Costco gift card (he had not left a note or receipt indicating use) value as he was asking why card is on a table (he got a new paper shredder). Our parent still has not learned to be more swift and decisive on moving on gift card opportunities. It's like she chooses to be left on the sidelines then later asks why no one told her...?

Things I'd add to the gift card discussion-if it's a card that I can use both in-store or online (some stores have separate products depending on store or e-commerce channels), good! Better yet is if online, I can use guest checkout without making an account. Having to make a new account to use a card online is really a matter of how many more passwords do I need in my life? The pushback on making one more account/password is ever present. Also, online shopping might have a min. spend level i.e. Home Hardware wants min. $20 order before taxes before it can be accepted for purchase. The tech savvy can swap gift cards with some websites--handy if there are options you can request for another card.

Today's errand list: return items to library, get some food and more bandages, look for treasures on my walk and get two items at McDonalds for takeout that have Monopoly stickers! Bonus round-that I visit the shop with the dishes I want today.

Ms Sunshine seems to be hiding in the drab sky outside. Must be lunchtime!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi all,

Roofers doing my neighbours roof going on day 4. Slowest roofers ever!!

Kitchen is clean. Leftovers still in fridge for meals (cooked chicken breast for ceaser wraps. Mac and cheese. Taco meat for tacos) Mama's not cooking today.
    Gave my SUV a quick clean out. Bagged up the last of the toilet that I broke up and have been putting out in garbage weekly lol. Now just the bag of garbage and a pillow for the garbage and then my shopping bin are in the back. Moved camping chairs etc back to the garage. There is a free place to vacuum your car out near my mom/sisters place so I will go there next time I'm in the area.

Did one of laundry this morning and will hang it up to dry now. Totally on top of laundry which is nice.

Have a great afternoon!

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information