User Tag List

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree2430Likes

Thread: October 2021 Frugal chatter (& autumnal leaf colour watch)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good question Ciel. Honestly, I find myself appreciating eggs more... I guess I just took them for granted before. I used to buy store brand but I'm finding that the quality is lower so lately I've been buying the Burnabrae brown eggs and paying a bit more for quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Since egg prices have gone up, have you been making choices to use the eggs for baking only and cutting back on their meal use or using them just for meals and skipping the baking? I only on occasion will scramble 2-3 eggs for a quick breakfast.
    Usually I want something in a bowl that does not involve more than heating up water or milk or leftovers for the first meal.

Thanks for the McDonalds sticker updates! Good to know members are seeing some wins flow their way! I'll have to visit a local location and get something to start my sticker quest. Every 7 sticker codes entered online yields a reward offer!

Re: gift cards-yes @SassyAshley you have a point that cards for big box grocers with home or other depts expand your purchase options! That's why RCSS flyers since mid-summer have had my attention-some fun seasonal or useful home appliance items have appeared and made it worth my while to visit! Just learned today that Bro did use up some of the Costco gift card (he had not left a note or receipt indicating use) value as he was asking why card is on a table (he got a new paper shredder). Our parent still has not learned to be more swift and decisive on moving on gift card opportunities. It's like she chooses to be left on the sidelines then later asks why no one told her...?

Things I'd add to the gift card discussion-if it's a card that I can use both in-store or online (some stores have separate products depending on store or e-commerce channels), good! Better yet is if online, I can use guest checkout without making an account. Having to make a new account to use a card online is really a matter of how many more passwords do I need in my life? The pushback on making one more account/password is ever present. Also, online shopping might have a min. spend level i.e. Home Hardware wants min. $20 order before taxes before it can be accepted for purchase. The tech savvy can swap gift cards with some websites--handy if there are options you can request for another card.

Today's errand list: return items to library, get some food and more bandages, look for treasures on my walk and get two items at McDonalds for takeout that have Monopoly stickers! Bonus round-that I visit the shop with the dishes I want today.

Ms Sunshine seems to be hiding in the drab sky outside. Must be lunchtime!
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am not a big egg eater, maybe once every few months. Mom does eat eggs and her usage will vary. So far I have been lucky that with watching sales and a few SDM personal offers for Eggs we have not run low since prices have increased.

The part I am struggle with is since Covid there is many things we now make ourselves and it seem to be all of those items going up in price:
    Butter
    Eggs
    Oil (SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!?! what is up with oil prices they are insane)

Just notice Costco has increased their flour prices but luckily I got some locally on sale for we are stocked up.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I was so down yesterday night...my uncle the one I dont talk anymore for many reason....is on facebook and never he ask me to be friend...and he know i am on facebook.
    Send him an invitation on Facebook. It is one lousy click. What can it hurt? Remember, he is still family and always will be. That is good advice that was given to me. No matter what family does or does not do, they are still family.

In such trying times, he (or you) could be gone in a week. Being the bigger person costs you nothing. (And, if your invitation is rejected, you can rest assured that you were the bigger person because you at least tried.)
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Herman -i disagree ,(sorry family is still family ) not in my life .I have lost a brother over a certain situation in life (dont wish to go into).I am not going to pine away for him the rest of my life ,like my dear mother did .Certain times in life you can have better friends than family .Sorry just how i feel and i am a caring person.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My appt went great today -my eyes are so great my vision is 20/20 after the lazer surgery a few years back and my option for having glaucoma is so low (my dad had glaucoma)so i dont have to see him for 2 years now -yipeeeeee

I went to metro in same plaza and got what i needed for our supper saturday .Spent $133 got 34 airmiles .

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Giant Tiger's digital flyer was a great read. So were the corrections-Laneige women's parka (the $99 one) is not available due to some issue. I'm going to check out the men's vegan leather gloves for fit and colour options because $14 per pair is a deal if I get the fit. I'll have to donate my men's fleece gloves as I won't be able to use them. Another location of Giant Tiger carries those vibrant Holmes Workwear gloves-totally my neon and reflective tape style for visibility! Probably should visit tomorrow as stock is low.

Women needing size 9 or larger fake leather or real leather gloves: Penningtons.com is showing one style in each plus 4 knit styles on their website! It was not the case in September. However, stock is not at all stores! I'm out of luck in Hamilton and don't see much on the site (will look again) that I really want in order to get free shipping.

Lens Mill flyer was a find in my community paper bundle (missed in past two weeks). Chatham store has a new opening with gift card ($5) giveaways, though the next line seems to indicates some gift cards of higher value will be given out (starting tomorrow). Are Len's Mill stores known for being open on Thanksgiving? One promo is listed as being in effect Oct 9 (Fri) to 11 (Mon). Think that is a typographical error. There's a buy 2 get 3rd free clothing offer (not applicable to socks or undergarments or ???) too.
    @Frugalbigmama My sympathies to you, esp if any booming radio is playing while the work is going on. Hope crew is on top of daily site cleanup so no one is left with nails or roofing tile sections.
    A neighbour in my area is having pool fence and surround replaced. 3 days of that special cutter being used to cut and the attendant dust...
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Herman -i disagree ,(sorry family is still family ) not in my life .I have lost a brother over a certain situation in life (dont wish to go into).I am not going to pine away for him the rest of my life ,like my dear mother did .Certain times in life you can have better friends than family .Sorry just how i feel and i am a caring person.
    I am agree with you on that.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Yep price of eggs is insane....I wanted some last week and the deal of 30 eggs for 4,77$ was all selled....so I took 12 eggs for almost the SAME price..ridiculous...I like eggs in muffins crepes and baking and maybe omelette.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

It’s almost the weekend. I can’t wait. I have been busy packing my Christmas envelopes for the North to my basement is a disaster and I need to do a trip to the dollar store to finish some off. Looks like it will be another 100 for me again this year. Every year I tell myself I am not doing so many and then I see the need and do it all over again. Thankfully I spend much of the year buying stuff on sale so that helps.
    I am really hopeful we get some sunshine because it’s day 5 of cloudy and rain. This is not good for my spirit.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Yep price of eggs is insane....I wanted some last week and the deal of 30 eggs for 4,77$ was all selled....so I took 12 eggs for almost the SAME price..ridiculous...I like eggs in muffins crepes and baking and maybe omelette.
    I waited for a whole year until they dropped back to $2 / dozen, before stocking up with four. Have you seen egg prices that low in your area? My stock will last me an entire year, with only a few slightly dehydrated / shrunken eggs near the end.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s been a rough week…

We have been under another air quality advisory. It stinks outside due to the forest fires it burns my throat.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Oh what a day, normally I cover a manager on Thursdays so they can cover a position we are trying to hire for. But things kind of got turned upside down because this location was missing some staff so the manager was in to work with me. So I spent the day pushing paperwork and getting things all caught up in their branch.

This is the location my boss is in, so I faced my conflict head on incase I needed back up from my boss. So far everyone is in agreement I will do what I can but I need to remain focused on my own workload and the staff I am currently working with. Not to mention we still have a few positions we are hiring for so there maybe more staff added for training. So my stress level has come down.

Not getting anything done at home, I was on the road Tuesday, Wednesday I spent catching up and we went to bro's for his bday dinner and then today I was in a location covering/helping which was always in my schedule. But they may be short staffed tomorrow so I may need to go back, the manager will text me.

Pushing through the week and we will see what tomorrow brings. Tonight I caved and order pizza because it was just one of those nights.

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday
    Giseledta, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

As for family, families are complicated and at the end of the day you have to do what is right for you.

As for social media, I say take anything that is posted with a grain of salt. What people are showing or portraying is not always reality. Very rarely do people post the real and the bad on their social media, you do not see people's financial struggles or personal "issues" or anything else. I know someone who used to post all the time about all the trips they took, all the new shiny things they bought, all of these updates/improvements they made to their house turns out they were on the verge of filling for bankruptcy but that part you did not see on social media.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good evening!!! I am tired of my day tonight so I will just relax and go to bed soon As for the eggs I will check for cheaper price or SDM the week end.As for familly I tend the hand to make the contact to much often now I am just tired of that..if they want to contact me they have my email and phone number even my adress that it...

I will work more on life project this week end!
    Have a good evening and night!!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    It’s been a rough week…

We have been under another air quality advisory. It stinks outside due to the forest fires it burns my throat.
    so sorry to read that.I hope it will be better soon

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information