User Tag List

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2430Likes

Thread: October 2021 Frugal chatter (& autumnal leaf colour watch)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Dinner was okay, do not think I would make this recipe again. It was a little too sweet for me and the mixture of fresh and powdered ginger was a bit much. If we were to make it again we would need to tweak it but honestly, I just feel I would not make it again.

Late this afternoon I needed to not look at my laptop for awhile. I love that I can focus in when I need to but at the same time there comes a point I need to walk away just for a little bit. So I ran to the store as we needed a few things:
    Milk
    Sour Cream
    Yogurt
    Bananas
    Ice Cream

My store did not have any mushrooms or the blueberries & raspberries that are on sale.

Well the rice was in the oven I also made a batch of Brownies for Dessert.

I have started my to-do-list for next week, there is a ton to get done but I think I want to keep my list small and attainable this week. I just really need a week where I can knock it out of the park. I just really need to rebound from this week.

Hope everyone had a great Friday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good evening everyone!!! I am very tired of my day,my week....life project dont goes as I want ..as planned....but I will make it..I have too.
    I went to my doctor appoitment,....omg so deceived and frustrated at myself..I gain pounds and my medication for anxiety cannot be lowered....I had big hopes on that... ...
    I need to refocus on myself...more..
    I resee my doctor in 4 months..hope things will be improved and get better ..

I need to work on life project hard this long week end...

Wishing you a good evening and night
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

my soul is throwing a temper tantrum... but i know the best thing is gift cards for christmas for my kids.
    one of my dc parents and i were chatting.. she said that she hates when her parents buy her needless stuff. in that moment i knew... it was time.
    she also said... she knew i treated my kids like adults, with respect...
    i am not ready. sigh. ok. mentally i have a bit of time. i got this.
    Last edited by Giseledta; Fri, Oct 8th, 2021 at 08:52 PM.
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    she said that she hates when her parents buy her needless stuff. in that moment i knew... it was time.
    Then don't give needless stuff; give stuff that is guaranteed to be useful!

Remember when you were a kid and hated getting socks and underwear? Now, I don't mind at all! I burn socks so quickly that even a cheap pack of sport socks is wonderfully useful and will always see use. Pretty mundane, but we're adults.

Take a look in their house (if you can) and see what is worn out and might need replacement. Can't visit physically? Look at what they wear or do in their photos to find hints on what might be useful. They won't likely go ga-ga, the way a teenager does when they get a new phone, but they should still find thoughtful gifts useful.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Got my vaccine passport shrunk, printed and laminated. Printed off proof sheet as well. Before I left library, I looked at DVDs and magazines-scored with the new Mortal Kombat movie (wish I could have see that in the theatres) and the Sept issue of Consumer Reports.
    Bought two cards at local shop then onto a bus to big box land. Party City had my attention for a good 30min-bought stuff to give to a special person to make up treat boxes. I did not check out costumes or all the candy. Off to the second Shoppers in town--where there is no photo printing kiosk. Just browsed a bit and left to watch one bus leave without me and waited for next bus in 30 min. I live the high life...on the bus!

It was apparent that the plaza behind the Meadowlands McDonalds is popular with some people-so many food packages strewn (garbage cans were overfilled) and pudding cups squirted all over the sidewalk (lots of pivoting involved!). Definitely need someone with soapy water mixture to wash the area down once the three garbage cans get emptied. Colder weather is going to cramp outdoor meal noshes as benches are scarce--the bus stops have 1-3 seats available plus the curbing at berms double as "seating." I know, having used wi-fi while seated on curbing there last year. The only picnic table is the one for Sobeys employees outside (there used to be one upstairs) the store doors; the classroom/eating area has been closed off for a long time. Pity the developers did not make a commons with picnic seating as part of the amenities of the sprawling complex.

Tonight's culinary adventures-cooking that turkey breast. I managed to give the breast a bbq black crust somehow. Decided to use the wire rack from old toaster oven inside an aluminum foil pan and added the 1/2 cup water. Somehow the meat juices carbonized in the foil pan. I might have 1 tablespoon of juice to use. While waiting for meat to finish, I trimmed the squash pieces Mom had cut and made a 3/4 recipe of the rosemary squash casserole. The turban squash does not smell like butternut squash but I did not want the vegetable to go to waste. Thus I got oven time. Tomorrow, Mom will rule the kitchen. I plan to grate some carrots to make a quick slaw for the meal. Need radishes but won't venture into stores. Too much congestion from late morning onwards.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Turban squash smells like I have some brussel sprouts and mashed broccoli or other green roasting in the oven. Sigh. Taste is edible thanks to seasonings. Mouth feel-like cooked potato cubes ready to mash. Took out the pan and called it a night.

All this steam could be good for my pores!

BTW, I was right in thinking Shoppers was rearranging snacks on some shelves at my local store. No more seaweed snacks-instead puffed snacks have taken over the shelves.
    Also noticed that the Fortinos green plastic bags no longer have any printing on them.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Currently I am debatting if I need another winter coat..my currently one is used and was bad quality.....Reitmans have 40% off this week end and looked 2 coat on my size...will sleep with that. Good night

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I checked my bank account...I save money to have change my insurance life 75$ down to 22$...I should have done that before..sigh better late than never..I guess

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@gisel dta I know it won’t work for the one out of province but what if your gift was time with them. My nephew and his wife always say they don’t want or need anything but my mom is huge on being fair and this nephew came to us with my brothers wife so as a teenager. But last week my mom took the two of them to a cute little tea room not far from you as their Christmas gift of last year and they all loved it. It’s also what my mom and I do to celebrate Mother’s Day or birthdays. We spend the day together.
    I had a great success with my McDonald’s this week. I stopped for breakfast and came away with fries and a drink from my monopoly. Of course that means I likely won’t win again.
    I baked cooked and a brownie tonight so the house is hot. Tomorrow it’s a ham and potatoes as we are doing a family gathering. I will admit I am nervous but everyone is double vaccinated and I really want to see my family. Happy long weekend everyone.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Slow start to the morning here, my body is rebelling. My whole body is saying it is Saturday, it is not a work day I want to do nothing. Sadly the state of my house does not agree.

I realized last night that I wrote my meal plan for the week but forgot about the 2 spaghetti squash I got from Costco last week. Will need to see what type of recipes I can find to use these up. Maybe I will make something we can keep in the fridge for lunches.

I still need to figure out dinner for tonight, I have many options just need to decided which one I want to go with. Also have some stuff in the fridge I need to use up. Ugggg so much to get done.

Going to finish my tea and hope I find some ambition.

Have a great Saturday everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!! Should and will be a beautiful weather thanksgiving !!!! I will wait for the winter coat...I will maybe lose some weight and then not the same size so will check clearance at the end of winter
    I need to go to public harvest,staples and SDM
    After that relax and work on life project
    Have a good day!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all

Not planning on doing much here it’s raining so will be reading until the family is up.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Surprised to hear through friends how many family members have one person who refuses to get vaccinated. It seems to be affecting dinner plans for thanksgiving.

Found out a friend of mine is not responding to cancer treatment :-( very sad. Unfortunately no visitors due to immune issues. Only way to contact is through text at the moment.

Today I'm going to Swiss Chalet for dinner for the thanksgiving special and I loaded a scene offer for 30 x the points I have been saving my scene points to use for the new James Bond movie, but will wait a few weeks as I suspect the theatre will be crowded as its opening weekend.

Wanted to do lane swim at the Y this weekend but only 6 people are allowed, and already booked. I'm confused why there are such limits on pools yet you can shop in a packed (no physical distancing) Costco. Really Doug Ford??? I think fitness should be more important than retail but I guess I am wrong.

Have a great thanksgiving everyone!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning. I went for a nice breezy walk this morning before it started to rain. I'm chilling while I have my coffee and then I need to do a fast clean before our guests arrive later this afternoon. We had planned on having tourtiere but I picked up steaks on sale yesterday so I have to figure out side veggies. I think I'll just do some roasted carrots, onions and potatoes. I also have some mixed greens for a quick salad. I'm going to made homemade buns and we'll have Cheesecake from the Metro deal.
    We are going to have the tourtiere and leftover buns for breakfast with them tomorrow so all good.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@barbis9 prayers for your friend.

Our family is lucky we all jumped on our vaccines as soon as we were eligible and helped each other get appointments. But talking to people there do seem to be a lot of families that are split on vaccines. It does appear to quite the hot button topic, I know of people who are not vaccinated and therefore are not invited to family functions. It is hard.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information