User Tag List

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2430Likes

Thread: October 2021 Frugal chatter (& autumnal leaf colour watch)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis and sassy -i had a friend crying to me last night on the phone of course she and her hubby are not vacinnated ,and thanksgiving is cancelled for her as her brother and his other half are not attending ,so her mom cancelled thanksgiving . Such is life i guess ,some are not wishing to attend .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Oct 9th, 2021 at 11:16 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I decided not to attend dinner at my brothers as his numbers are higher than the public health guidelines-better safe than sorry. I have a small turkey I will cook one of these days.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I got my turkey in the oven ,yes i am having it today as it is the best day for daughter and sebastian,we all have our double needles except the small grand kids .

Lost my battery charger in the house no i misplaced it cant find it anywhere -such is life.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

did the quick foodland and shoppers trip. got hubbies perscriptions and youngest buns even though she is 3 provinces away and no hope of joinin us....lol. still got her favorite buns. lol.
    donation to local food bank done

dinner will just be the 3 who living in this house. noone else. i am making plans for the leftovers.
    submitted stuff to

caddle, recipit hog, co51 , ecipsa... lol. work . but fast. and worth it when the $ come back .
    i am wiggling every trick i have right now as prices are nuts.

pc was 22015
    airmiles was 17
    caddle .10
    ecipisa - .75
    co51 .50

fyi- foodland green giant canned veggie .88 can .

ok, home for the rest of the weekend , hopefully. i need some serious down time. plan is housework, cooking and relaxing. lol
    but first a nap. .. then i will tidy the top floor.. and vacume...lol. then the family room....
    just hubby tonight, so egg roll in a bowl. and relaxing. ...

tomorrow... main floor, and dc areas.. as well as the drive way and porch area.
    Last edited by Giseledta; Sat, Oct 9th, 2021 at 11:30 AM.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Cath-you were mentioning about weight gain which I think many of us struggle with! Perhaps if you and your Dad were able to cook more meals from scratch rather than relying too much on pre-packaged and processed foods it would help? Thinking homemade soups, stews etc. With regard to your question about turkey/ham-if you can't find turkey parts would you enjoy a roast chicken dinner with all the fixings instead? I find ham is quite easy for a small family-either buy a small one and have leftovers or slice some ham steaks off the end and save for other meals. Happy Thanksgiving.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good afternoon!!! I dont know why I took a small nap this morning....so bizarre
    of to bake some chocolate oatmeal muffins and a apple crisp
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Cath-you were mentioning about weight gain which I think many of us struggle with! Perhaps if you and your Dad were able to cook more meals from scratch rather than relying too much on pre-packaged and processed foods it would help? Thinking homemade soups, stews etc. With regard to your question about turkey/ham-if you can't find turkey parts would you enjoy a roast chicken dinner with all the fixings instead? I find ham is quite easy for a small family-either buy a small one and have leftovers or slice some ham steaks off the end and save for other meals. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Thanks for the suggestions !!! Happy thanksgiving

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

on my mission for less food waste..

turkey leftovers.. realitly is that turkey can be very cheap.. the one i have currently was free... lol.
    my neighbour mentioned making a turkey, leftover stuffing mashed potato pie type thing...

does anyone have any recipies... .. would love something that can also be frozen for later meals.....

i am thinking ..... layered.... .. neighbour mentioned mixing it all up.. but that seems... weird... but weir can be so good... so who knows... lol
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

But the doctor think it must be bone mass(muscle) that I gained not pound and I try to be agree with that with her

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

G-I make turkey quesadillas with leftover turkey instead of chicken and serve with guac, sour cream and salsa. Really easy.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Giseledta growing up my Mom always make Turkey Tetrazzini and froze them, sorry no recipe I have never made it myself.

Also a Turkey Pot Pie could be frozen again no recipe, not my thing.

You could even just shredded the leftover meat freeze it and use it in place of shredded chicken in a recipe.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I burned my chocolate chips muffins on the bottom....but I will remove that when eating and should be fine...i am not a good baker..lol...not cool...I put them on the wrong shelve....grrrr and my oatmeal have a problem since it as not been used for a long time so I will just stay away of the stove and the kitchen and wait tomorrow for making my apple crisp to go to the grocery get some fresh oatmeal..............it is one of those day... but a least while searching for my apple crisp recepie with no success..gr I found my apple bread and bananas bread one and the smootie one too.
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Oct 9th, 2021 at 03:30 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I decided not to attend dinner at my brothers as his numbers are higher than the public health guidelines-better safe than sorry. I have a small turkey I will cook one of these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    barbis and sassy -i had a friend crying to me last night on the phone of course she and her hubby are not vacinnated ,and thanksgiving is cancelled for her as her brother and his other half are not attending ,so her mom cancelled thanksgiving . Such is life i guess ,some are not wishing to attend .
    Whatever one chooses on inoculation, I think that these kinds of hard decisions should be applauded. People are treating potential infectious events as dangerous and avoiding them. They can be a bit heart-breaking, but they are necessary. Everyone deserves a pat on the back for making them.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cath-you were mentioning about weight gain which I think many of us struggle with! Perhaps if you and your Dad were able to cook more meals from scratch rather than relying too much on pre-packaged and processed foods it would help?
    Nearly all processed food involves the addition of salt or sugar. It's just a part of common industrial processes. (Well, the sugar isn't necessary, but it makes customers happier, so they make it sweeter.)

One of the best principles for weight control or loss is: If you don't cook it, don't eat it.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Found my ambition and got some of the things done which is more than I expected.

Emptied the Dishwasher, reloaded it, did the hand dishes and cleaned the kitchen but still need to do the floor.

Did some ingredient prep, Parmesan, Mozzarella & Cheddar for the week has been grated. Romaine has been chopped for salads. Packaged the celery and zucchini to extend their life.

I still need to clean up the veggie drawer, there are some cucumbers to be chopped and have to see if anything else needs to be used up. I know I have some mushrooms and peppers I need to use this week just not sure how I plan to use them yet.

Still more to be done but happy with what I got done so far.

Dinner tonight is Meatloaf pulled from the freezer (love love love keeping them on hand), Homemade Mac & Cheese (using some of the cheese I grated this morning) and going to make some Brussel Sprouts in the Air Fryer to use up an open bag in the freezer. I thought about making some roasted carrots too because they sounded good but nope going skip the carrots.

Think I am done for tonight going to enjoy dinner, clean up the kitchen again and then relax and catch up on my TV Shows on PVR.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information