User Tag List

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree2430Likes

Thread: October 2021 Frugal chatter (& autumnal leaf colour watch)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

We went to springridge farms today with my daughter and sebastian ,so nice .We went on a tractor hay ride 2 times and sebastian feed the animals and ran all over the area bought lovely buttertarts and a few other tarts .Then on the way home we decided on five guys for late lunch 2.30. A fun filled day with my grandson.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Happy Thanksgiving to those who are celebrating. We are staying home and away from people. We had roast ham, pineapple, M&C, steamed California mix veggies.

We spent a large chunk of the day cleaning house today. All of the kids cleaned their bedrooms…which took quite a while. I vacuumed the entire main floor of the house. Kids will use the central vac to vacuum the basement tomorrow. We bought and installed black out curtains in most of the bedrooms. Walmart was out of certain ones, so we’ll order online to pick up at the physical store in town. I wasn’t feeling great, so I took a 2hr nap while the ham roasted in the oven and Dh vegged with the kids.

Gas jumped up $0.11 on Thursday. We’re not at $1.399/L for regular gas…which make for a bigger fuel bill when I’m commuting for substitute teaching days. I’m thankful that I’m teaching in town this week.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Oct 10th, 2021 at 10:04 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

gas .. we are 140.. ish..

my husband surprised me with a visit from my youngest. he left early this am to pick her up at the airport. she is here till tuesday.
    i am very , very happy.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Happy Thanksgiving to all
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Happy thanksgiving everyone .

Giseledta-enjoy your visit with your youngest.

My daughter went home around 5.30 last night ,she also gave me a new knife for cutting from ikea (really good one ) i am a bit afraid to use it i admit ,when she was peeling the potatoes she cut herself .uggg
    She also was generous and bought me a cutlery set(from ikea) as mine our all mismatched some were my mothers ,i guess some things are just as not important to replace to me as i age .

So when we were at the farm yesterday i splurged and bought 6 tarts ,boy they were sooo yummy with my cup of tea ,i shared with daughter and hubby.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Giseledta wonderful surprise, enjoy.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    After taking a nap on the couch I did go to Thanksgiving Dinner. It was a late night, I am out of my routine which does not go well for me. Everyone makes fun of me but literally one late night meses me up for a week.

Dinner last night was massive, it was definitely all of the fixings. We had Turkey, Potatoes, Dumplings, Gravy, Red Cabbage, Carrots, Peas, Squash (I think it was Butternut), Green Bean Casserole, Homemade Rolls, Mac & Cheese for dinner then Dessert was Vegan Pumpkin Pie or Apple Crisp.

Trying to decide on dinner for tonight, I am thinking:
    Homemade Pizza to use up some odds and ends in the fridge
    or
    Lasagna Rolls to use up some leftover Lasagna Noodles in the fridge
    or
    I have two Spaghetti Squash to use up
    or
    I just thought it well typing this out I have a 2.5 lb bag of zucchini too that I was going to use some to make Zucchini Lasagna

Lots of option just need to decide what I want to make. Will wait until Mom gets up and see what she thinks.

I want to do some baking today too but we will see if it happens, right now I just want to lay on the couch all day and do nothing. We will see what the day brings.

Have a great Holiday Monday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    gas .. we are 140.. ish..

my husband surprised me with a visit from my youngest. he left early this am to pick her up at the airport. she is here till tuesday.
    i am very , very happy.
    @Giseledta what a wonderful surprise for you. I am sure you are Thankful that you have your youngest for thanksgiving.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good afternoon everyone!!!! I feel just a little bit better than yesterday...
    Dad put the ac off...good thing as I am not sure we will have others hot days ...
    For dinner we are making our 2 of us thanksgiving meal.I decided to purchase what snow flakey give me an idea in the thanksgiving plans.Ricardo turkey roast with cranberries..will serve with mashed patatoes and a salad or a veggie
    should be delicious.!!!! and dessert will be the apple crisp I made yesterday !!!
    We will have leftovers for this week,I figure it ou the ham and the fondue could wait this is more special for thanksgiving but pricey..but saved 5$ from reg price.
    I should so some cleaning on the spare bedroom will see how the rest of the days goes.

Have a good afternoon everyone!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy thanksgiving all!!!!!!
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Giseledta : What a great surprise from your husband who pick up your daughter so she can be with you at thanksgiving!!! You must be so joyfull and happy Enjoy !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

QOTD: Will you celebrate Halloween this year with the covid 19 who is still there ..? Do you give some candies,purchase some for yourself..will chasing the candies discounts?

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We are skipping halloween again this year. We really do not get a lot of kids here anymore since we do not really have any kids in the neighbour anymore.

Plus I will be honest, we are still limiting contact to mainly family and work.

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    QOTD: Will you celebrate Halloween this year with the covid 19 who is still there ..? Do you give some candies,purchase some for yourself..will chasing the candies discounts?

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Giseldta, what an awesome surprise for you.
    I live on the same street as the school so no skipping Halloween. But I don’t chase the deals either. I buy a big Costco box of whatever I don’t like and then no temptation.
    It was surprisingly and unexpectedly windy at the lake today when I arrived but I decided since this could be it until May I was going pump up my board and see what happens. The wind calmed down and I had almost 2 sunny hour on the water. It was absolutely gorgeous with the colours changing. Sad to see the end of the weekend.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information