User Tag List

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2430Likes

Thread: October 2021 Frugal chatter (& autumnal leaf colour watch)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Arjon in his dreams. He would love such a knife. I think his most expensive was one we bought for him in NYC. He had researched the shop and spent hours deciding and chatting with staff the owner was so impressed with our son and his knowledge of knives. Whenever we travel he seeks out the best kitchen shops and just drools over stuff. But I don’t mind because I know quality lasts and he is very particular so by the time he decides he really is confident in his decision. It also makes Christmas shopping so easy because he provides very clear lists.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@lilo0003 Did you son watch the Sugoi Tokyo segment during the Summer Games where the topic was kaizen? Lots of images of swords and chefs' knives! https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/s.../1924742211897

I think Satchi's Kitchen also visited a knife craftsman in Japan. The program is on Amazon Prime Video.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

US Amazon sent an e-mail yesterday that it's refunding $0.34 of the import/duty fee I prepaid for the vest order. More cents to add to my library print card (the most effective way to use low balances on prepaid Visa gift cards) later this week. Would like to know the exchange rate used so I know how many US cents that represents.

Amazon is also asking me to rate my purchase but I ended the trial Prime membership. No logging onto Amazon until I have $$ to apply to the account for monthly fee.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We just learned that a friend of ours died. He had been fighting cancer in recent years. I don’t know what actually caused his death. He was 70yrs old.
    Giseledta, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Dont forget to save yours pc offers tomorrow...I already saved mine because I dont go shopping tomorrow.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    We just learned that a friend of ours died. He had been fighting cancer in recent years. I don’t know what actually caused his death. He was 70yrs old.
    So sorry.My deepest condoleance to your familly.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    It also makes Christmas shopping so easy because he provides very clear lists.
    When she was young, I treated my niece the same way. I told her that her uncle did not mind that she was very specific on what she wanted for Christmas. You are not insulting me. You are helping me by being specific on your desires.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 so sorry for you loss *hugs* and prayers
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up and doing all of the things.

Today is a bit of a struggle, I did not want to get up this morning. I am not sure what is up, if it is the seasons changing or just life kicking my butt but I seem to be so tired lately even though I am sleeping.

We are doing Thanksgiving with Bro tonight, I know Mom is making Prime Rib, we had one in the freezer but not sure what else she is making.

Last night we just had leftovers because we have so many in the fridge. Lately I feel like leftovers are feast or famine, either they are coming out our ears or we have none LOL.

Was looking ahead and looks like this weekend is going to be quite cool which means I can bring back all the soups and stews I took off my meal plan. Kind of excited I have some new recipes I really want to try.

Have a great Wednesday everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Up and doing all of the things.

Today is a bit of a struggle, I did not want to get up this morning. I am not sure what is up, if it is the seasons changing or just life kicking my butt but I seem to be so tired lately even though I am sleeping.

We are doing Thanksgiving with Bro tonight, I know Mom is making Prime Rib, we had one in the freezer but not sure what else she is making.

Last night we just had leftovers because we have so many in the fridge. Lately I feel like leftovers are feast or famine, either they are coming out our ears or we have none LOL.

Was looking ahead and looks like this weekend is going to be quite cool which means I can bring back all the soups and stews I took off my meal plan. Kind of excited I have some new recipes I really want to try.

Have a great Wednesday everyone
    I napped as soon as I got home yesterday. I think for me it was all the fresh air on Monday being outside all day that pooped me out! The darkness so early doesn't help either
    Skippy, Giseledta, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My kitchen is a warzone. So kitchen clean up as soon as I get home from work and then drive DS to his job. The fridge needs a good clean out too. Lots of peppers/mushrooms and onions to use up so for sure making chili soon.
    I will put a load of laundry on tonight too and hang it up to dry.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning angela so sorry for your loss

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Off to the regular dentist for a filling .I am on meds for my infected finger -uggg will stop in fortinos after for a few sales .

I decided i am starting to buy clothing for the granddaughters for next year (the next size up ) they are smaller girls so it is easy to do this .From the gap i got cara pj,s for 9.99 summer ones reg 24.99 and another pair of joggers for sebastian 14.99 reg 34.99 for xmas .It pays to think ahead even with clothing for the wee ones .Sebastian i cant buy ahead ,as he is a solid boy,maybe t-shirts so i got a t-sirt for 7.49 for easter.lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Puma is having a sale. I just spent $67 on runners and a hoodie for myself!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well i had 2 fillings -ahhh this month will be costly.

Went into dollarama spent $32 wow i am noticing more interesting stuff there bic soliel razors 4.00 i got the last pack ,frozen paper and spiderman paper for my grandkids 2.00,i bought bread 2.50 and a bunch of other stuff.

Then on to fortinos as i needed probiotics,used $20 in points to cover that ,egg nog was 50% off hubby loves it $1.50,green beans 1.23 -.25 checkout51=.98 .
    I noticed no more coupon stand at the entrance -ohhh no that is where i would usually find my coupons .

My poor little granddaughter cara age 3 had to have another covid test today (i think the wee one has had about 4 from last year when she was in daycare to this year ).Well she recogonized the building and lost it ,of course ashlyn had to be out of school also til it comes back negative .I hope it is just a bug .

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information