User Tag List

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree2430Likes

Thread: October 2021 Frugal chatter (& autumnal leaf colour watch)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I realize your husband is a bit older than me but that was me 2 years ago when I got my gallbladder out. I had never has surgery and it was funny because everyone kept asking me the same things when I said I had never had surgery:
    Wisdom Teeth - Still Have
    Tonsils - Still Have
    Appendix - Still Have

VS my brother who went for an ultrasound the day I had my surgery thinking it was his gallbladder (it wasn't) who has had I think he said 10 surgeries and had no worries. Was like just remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    Laughing gas... oh that's the one perk my hubby will enjoy Poor guy, he's so nervous. He's never had any form of surgery. He still has his tonsils to boot! Have a wonderful day!
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I realize your husband is a bit older than me but that was me 2 years ago when I got my gallbladder out. I had never has surgery and it was funny because everyone kept asking me the same things when I said I had never had surgery:
    Wisdom Teeth - Still Have
    Tonsils - Still Have
    Appendix - Still Have

VS my brother who went for an ultrasound the day I had my surgery thinking it was his gallbladder (it wasn't) who has had I think he said 10 surgeries and had no worries. Was like just remove it.

I have never had a surgery either I don't do well in hospitals. The smell makes me pass out. And my mom and my best friends mom were nurses and neither of us had any interest in that!!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Oct 15th, 2021 at 11:44 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My DH just had his first surgery and anesthetic at 68 to get his hip replaced and surprisingly he wasn't too nervous-he has rarely stepped foot in the hospital( and never overnight) or doctors. Lucky duck even got to have day surgery.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i have had 3 surgery,.... one for wisdom teeth , one for cancer, and one for my gall bladder.

ok, .. i am hoping to get lots of cleaning done this weekend... my dc kids are all rotating a bug. tomorrow i use up my last gc i have.. its for a charcutrie tray.
    forecast is for rain all day... so it will be a get housework done kinda day.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Surgeries-i have had 3 surgeries( gallbladder out plus 2 others )

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today was not a productive day -i felt so lathargic,but i did manage to make home made turkey soup ,saved a container for my son/wife and the girls.

On sat after ashlyn's sport my daughter-in-law will drop her off at 12.30 (i told her she could sleep over ,as she asked the other night).

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Grrrrr

Good News they will be coming to start the work on the basement on Tuesday

Bad News all of the work will be done on outside, none on the inside so our basement was ripped apart for no reason

Now I am torn, I had my weekend planned but now all I want to do is put my basement back together. We will have to see.

Also looks like I am working this weekend, my boss will do the majority of it but I will need to be on call to spot check things went well.

Lots and Lots to get done. But before I worry about any of that a good nights sleep is needed.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our local COVID cases are officially 5 active cases per 1,000ppl. Unfortunately we know that a lot of people are not getting tested, or using the at home rapid tests without reporting the results properly. I want to keep my children home with me in a protective bubble. This all feels too hard.

I’ve been teaching for a teacher who’s on medical leave for 2wks. Unfortunately rules aren’t being followed which has resulted in me having to make the rubrics/marking guides, assignments, lesson plans, etc. instead of teaching what is provided to substitute teachers. What makes this extra hard is that I’m not qualified to teach 3 of the 4 courses that she is teaching this semester. The teacher is being reevaluated on Monday, then we’ll know if she is returning or taking an extended leave prior to her maternity leave. If the school cannot find a more qualified teacher then I might be offered the job.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

No surgery to date for me..but dad has its first with gaz and anasthesic for his heart at 71 years old
    edit maybe yes..I had 2 wisdom teeths removed and others teeths too..
    still have 1 good wisdom tooth that would not be removed..and 1 that did not show
    oh maybe when i was young...i had surgery with anastesic to my chin and head face with stichs...was not fun
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Oct 17th, 2021 at 06:08 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Can I say good morning or it is too earlier lol!!!
    I am up because yesterday and like last week evening I crashed on the couch during evening..so tired...so now I think I will rego to bed a little bit...
    Yep raining week end in QC here too.
    Leaves are coming down from the trees,,,,leaves everywhere in the street..but love that
    I have a few errands to do this morning
    Have an awesome day!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Yep I went yesterday evening to bulkbarn for searching a thing for brown sugar not getting hard..they will have some in 2 weeks..uhu

OMG it is a huge store ...First time I did go there...Spended 20$ lol...so many good things

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 I do not know what is going on in your area but recently I was speaking with a co-worker and did not realize their significant other is a teacher. They were telling me they are really struggling here with try to keep up. They have lost a number of teachers for various reasons but most link back to Covid and the the strain it has put on schools and teachers.

They actually have a number of teachers on medical leave who are unable to deal with the strain.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning off to shoppers spent $100 so got 20 times the points ,plus decided to buy my halloween candy for the kiddies,also got the nutrigrain promo buy 2 get free cpn on the box (one will be for my house the other for granddaughter's lunches)
    burnbrae eggs 2.99-1.00 caddle=1.99
    box of 4 smarties reduced 2.99 expire end of nov
    ritter bar for me reduced 2.99
    lays chips were a good deal 1.49 got 4

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Younger son has his wisdom teeth done last year and oh my the laughing gas was a riot. I am Another one with no surgery other than my wisdom teeth. Heck I did not even stay in the hospital when I had my kids. Older was induced and we were in and out in 9 hours. Younger son was like lightning and we were home three hours after we left.
    Rainy day here but I have lots on my to do list.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I went to the new maxi in my city and it is smaller than the other one....Nice store but I cannot connect to the wifi to do pm...huh

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information