User Tag List

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2430Likes

Thread: October 2021 Frugal chatter (& autumnal leaf colour watch)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

sassy- i just googled the chicken parm stew... sounds good. i am going to make that today for supper. thanks for the inspiration

ok.. starting off the morning with a bit of menu planning. then going to work on my family room...

and i want to work for a bit on the dc area in the basement.. and grab a few items for sale. ultimate goal is to remove 1 entire shelve unit .

kitchen needs some love as well. and i really really want to sort a cupboard there.

for breaks... i am working on dc craft planning. that actually should be fairly easy
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just made quick stops at 3 different stores to get the specials-all in I spent under $40 after cashing in $10 in points-got quite a bit of healthy food so gotta love that for that price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy-our basement leaked when we bought it 23 years ago ,then we had it fixed from the inside (the work was done inside) we have never had a leak since maybe 15 years now .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Off i went and dropped ashlyn off at my son's.

Then returned a dress to the gap -24.00 on my credit card.Then they had 30% off kids clearance found a pair of summer pjs for ashlyn $9.09 (disney ones mickey) for next year.

Then popped into the bay (the store is pretty dense not a lot of clothing )I would be surprised if that store lasts a fewe more years .Anyway i got a flat queen sheet on a clearance rack 23.99-7.00 in hbc points =20.11

Then donated to value village and went inside did 2 seperate orders to save 2.00 off when you spend 5.00 .I managed to get 3 puzzles and some greeting cards 2.99(wow that included 10 thank you notes and 10 beautifull cards) cant beat that price.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Oct 17th, 2021 at 04:05 PM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl it has been nothing but back and forth.

Originally doing both, inside & outside

Then outside only

Then inside only

Now back to outside only

We were told the reason why they are not doing inside only is because there is only a 1 year warranty on the work. Not sure what the warranty it on doing the outside only.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today ended up including a few more things than I had originally planned.

I started off making a batch of Chocolate Chip cookies, normally I bake half and freeze the other half but decided this time to bake them all off.

Then I made Cookie Dough overnight oats as there is a chance I will be in the office a few days this week and will need breakfast to take with me.

I made two batches of Spreadables using my new food processor. I ended up using 1 1/2 brick of butter, we had half a brick out and I took a second brick out. Figured if I was dirtying the Food Pressor I might as well make it worth the clean up LOL. We should be good one spreadable for a few weeks now.

Then I started to work on Dinner and that is where things started going downhill. I went in the Veggie Drawer to get our Celery and Carrots only to discover my celery was going so I sorted and cleaned what I could save. Then I discovered one of my cucumber that looked okay was leaking on the bottom so I had to empty and clean the veggie drawer.

I discovered the following:
    Celery needed to be sorted saved about 3/4
    Lost two cucumbers, I think I could have saved half of the second one but I did not
    I have 5 peppers that need to be used up they have soft spots, so they have been chopped and found a recipe I will make tomorrow night to use them up
    Baby Carrots were starting to go, lost a few but will need to use them up this week

I already had a meal in my meal plan to use some of the baby carrots, will make that later in the week. Tomorrow now I will make Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Scampi, it was not on my meal plan but will some of the peppers. Still need to find another dish to use the recipe to use the rest thinking maybe Bake Chicken Fajitas as a lunch option.

Once all the veggies were dealt with, I put a batch of Potato Bun dough in the Bread Maker. They are now done and in the oven.

Lastly I took out the garbage and now I am done for today. I took a nice Hot Shower and now I am going to relax. Dinner is in the slow cooker, Buns are in the oven so dinner should be pretty simple.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am done for the day... need to do more laundry.. but i have a game plan in my head to get done the stuff i want to in the next few weeks...

supper is in the crockpot... smells delish. i am goin g to add corn to it.. just because that sounds yummy.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!!
    Not feeling my best today but I managed to do 3 loads of laundry and took garbages and recycles out...and after I took a big nap lol
    A 5 days week this week...that should be interesting...
    I have my first appointement for mental help at clsc this wednesday ...should be interesting too...
    I went to maxi and cie for a few things...omg now it is such a hassle for coupons...maybe I just had a bad cashier..needless to say I went to another till..grr..lost of my time...
    Wishing you all a good evening and night and maybe a happy week
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Oct 17th, 2021 at 06:19 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There was a heavy rain burst for a few minutes with high winds just in the past 20minutes. The sky had been throwing some really dark blue-gray clouds beforehand. Rather majestic to see from indoors. Some birds were gliding on the air currents.

Gray day-started with a hot mug of English Breakfast tea with milk and sugar (so good). Did not venture out as I laundered my jacket after my walk last night. Noticed while enjoying my hot chocolate last night that my coat sleeves had some stains and decided "get it washed" and hope it dries by Monday night. Have an overdue letter to jot and mail for morning posting.

I juiced one bunch of really light celery. That one and the second bunch are starting to go a bit limp and the old juicer won't juice rubbery produce.

Somehow I missed knowing that Disney+ bumped the streaming of Black Widow on its platform from Nov to October. The movie began to stream on Oct. 6. Need popcorn and I'll watch it this week if the channel is still active on the tv. Otherwise, a long wait on library holds (two systems just in case one gets to me faster) is the backup viewing option.

A few of the trees in my neighbourhood are now expressing their fall colours in their leaves! With the winds as they have been this weekend, I think the colour show will be only for this week. Then everything will be on the ground, waiting for raking and bagging. Still need to keep moving that yard bag offer on PC Optimum one more week and then move on using it.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am looking forward to this year Halloween tv show beginning the october 25 lol.I already purchased my candies.found some great deals,so I am not sure I will chase the after Hallowen deals..will see if I have the time ...

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

wow..I cannot believed nobody posted today...
    barbis9, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went on a walk today 30 minutes,its a start.
    I have been working on a 500 piece puzzle of windows on an airplane,its a tough one.
    barbis9, cath007, crafter and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I went on a walk today 30 minutes,its a start.
    I have been working on a 500 piece puzzle of windows on an airplane,its a tough one.
    Good for you on getting out for a walk. I need to push myself to walk longer as well. My dog does not like the colder weather so I find myself giving in too easily to a brief exercise session.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

crafter -mind you my legs ached (arthritis) but i kept going ,just around our big block on flat sidewalk.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday was a long day. Schedules seem to be all over the place right now so I had to cover a manager yesterday and may need to cover 2 more days this week.

After I was done I ran to RCSS as it is close by, I mostly grabbed produce, I got:
    1 x Pineapple $1.98
    2 x Strawberries $3.98 (2 Lbs)
    2 x Mushrooms $3.98
    2 x 6-lb Apples $4.98
    1 x Milk

All of the produce I grabbed was on sale.

Then I stopped at Wal-Mart as Mom had asked me to grab her some Advil PM, RCSS did not have any but happy I went to Wal-Mart for $2 more I got the 40 count vs the cost of 10 count at RCSS. Well I was at Wal-Mart I also grabbed grapes as they were on sale for $0.97/lb

I did want to do some other shopping this week but they start on our basements today and I will post about that later.

When I got home I decided to haul the last of the garbage out of the basement, honestly I have been putting it off as I hate hauling garbage out of the basements. In total I think there were about 10 bags to take out plus 2 broken folding chairs and a swiffer that fell apart from the flood. They big awkward bags and it was not fun but it is done.

Lots going on right now and I am just trying to tackle it one thing at a time and take deep breathes.

Well I was at work Mom used the Prime Rib bones and made Beef Barely soup so that with leftover Potato Buns were dinner. Tonight I need to use up the peppers I cut up on the weekend, I am thinking Chicken Fajita Bake which I will turn into Chicken Fajita Bowls but we will see as the day goes on.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information